Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

true. For all I know, YSL and shisheido might be available in other sephoras!

So right now I'm using Neutrogena Age Shield SPF 70, which is an unnecessarily high SPF but it was on sale and the SPF 45 wasn't. I mix it with Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15 because they both have a 3.0 percent avobenzone content which is the highest percentage allowed. I was using a good european brand that has much better UVA blockers but it made me look soooo greasy I just use it as a body SPF now.

With SPF 70 I'm definitely covered for UVB. the avobenzone is a chemical UVA blocker but I'd like to chase it with a physical blocker like titanium dioxide.

I've been wearing Physicians' Formula SPF 50 powder foundation which has something like 21% titanium dioxide, a physical UVA sunscreen. but it looks really orange on my skin and makes it oily right away :/

do any other companies make good titanium or zinc oxide powders that anyone knows of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought my beloved Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque again. And instead of buying their concealer I went for MAC Select Cover Up in NW20...I think I'll need a NW15 for winter though. Select Cover Up dries really matte, which is great if you have oily skin or if you don't like to powder.

I just bought my beloved Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque again. And instead of buying their concealer I went for MAC Select Cover Up in NW20...I think I'll need a NW15 for winter though. Select Cover Up dries really matte, which is great if you have oily skin or if you don't like to powder.

I am so tempted to buy the corrector next time I am at the Bobbi Brown counter. I have always loved the creamy concealer, but I have a friend who recently told me I would like the corrector, too.
Do you think it works well for shadows around the eyes? And would you use them together?

I am so tempted to buy the corrector next time I am at the Bobbi Brown counter. I have always loved the creamy concealer, but I have a friend who recently told me I would like the corrector, too.
Do you think it works well for shadows around the eyes? And would you use them together?
Babe, that's what's it's made for :D I have a kidney disease, so some days I look like I've been punched...literally. This is the only thing that makes me look like I'm not a terminal cancer patient.

The corrector and concealer are supposed to be used together. I did a small tutorial here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=7600745&postcount=280

The whole deal is that the corrector cancels out the blueish tones underneath your eyes, and the yellow concealer takes away the last bit of darkness and makes it look like skin, if you get what I mean. The corrector on its own isn't ideal for me since the rest of my face is very yellow-toned.

Ida, can I ask why you got Light Bisque in the BB corrector and not Porcelain Bisque? A BB SA sold me Porcelain last week and I think it's too light...every review I've read from a person with my coloring (NW 15/20) has Light Bisque...but then who would Porcelain be for? I'm so confused haha. I think I need to exchange it.

I told the SA that I don't like the under-eye area lighter than the rest of the face (even though it's the philosophy of Bobbi Brown herself), and the SA agreed. So we tried a bunch of different concealer-corrector combinations before we found the perfect combination. I think it was Light Bisque and Sand or Cool Sand. Light Bisque fits me through all the seasons, it's perfect for me (I always use concealer on top so the shade of the corrector isn't that important, just need something pink to cancel out the blue)

^unless you have bags I always think its best to match the undereye concealer to the rest of you face. Having light circles under your eyes is just as bad as having dark ones imo.

I totally agree. I have to use concealer on top anyways, so I think I'll exchange mine when I get home. Thanks for your help, everyone!
I have also rediscovered my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer... it's so great for summer, the coverage is flawless :smile:
And I'm also loving my LRP spf 15/ppd 15 moisturizer. I'm in Europe right now and my eyes are popping out in happiness at all the great ss formulas. I forget every time I return here how many products in Europe are suited for us palefaces...way more than in LA!

^unless you have bags I always think its best to match the undereye concealer to the rest of you face. Having light circles under your eyes is just as bad as having dark ones imo.
I know! The reverse Panda face does no one good.

Sometimes (most days actually) I have some puffiness and I dab a really tiny amount of a NW15 concealer just underneath the puffy part (it's easier to see if you tilt your head down a notch), but there's no way that I apply it to the entire under-eye area, that would just highlight the puffiness.

My man Goss did a vid on it:

I love a dude in makeup :lol: He hates wearing makeup, so funny, but he's quite good at it :D

I am glad i found this thread! I am super duper white so i hope i find some help here :smile:

How do you like Clarins foundation? It seems they have very light shades!:woot: I just ordered Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation in 104:
everlasting+swatches+1.jpg

L-R 103 Ivory, 104 Cream, 105 Nude, 107 Beige, 108 Sand
raspberry-rouge.blogspot.com

tbh I havent looked at their counter for many years. The first shade looks quite promising.

Autumn favourites:
Mister Light in Mister Milk £22
P129610_hero.jpg
Great for hiding darkness under the eyes. Light texture, dewy finish.

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush £6.50
10121413.jpg

Have always avoided peachy tones because I thought a) theyre boring and b) its the default option for redheads c)Ive never found one I liked
But I chanced upon this new product from Maybelline and was really won over. Ive had this first in peach but somehow lost it and rebought it in Apricot (I mistook it for the Peach) both add a hint of natural looking colour. Easy to blend formula but short staying power.

17 Wild Metallic Cream Eyeshadow £3.99
images.jpg

I really wanted to play around with metallic shadows and this is a great budget friendly one to start with. Perfect to wear during the day.

Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer £3.99
10115268.jpg
I tend to stick to brown and grey eyeliners but decided to try this in plum. This is by far one of the best eyeliners I have used. It glides on smoothly, is really pigmented and lasts for 8-12 hours.

sephora.com, sundaygirlblog.com, boots.com

BR12 in Chanel Perfection Lumiére is the perfect winter colour for me! I´m so happy. Just enough neutral, B10 was way too yellow, even though B20 in Vitalumiére Aqua is my summer colour (BR20 is too dark and pink). Combined with Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base and Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in Clair it makes my face even and natural looking. :smile:

And I still love NARS blush in Douceur. I believe it is my all time fave blush, along with Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush in Coral Riviera, but that´s more of a bronzer.

^°Isa, I used to wear Clarins and I thought the quality was good. It didn't oxidize on me, and I never had a problem with breakouts.

I hadn't jumped on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but I decided to try Lancome's mineral makeup a few weeks ago and it's so gorgeous and illuminating on fair skin! I'm Kirsten Dunst pale, blond hair/blue eyes, but the color also looks beautiful on Asian skin as seen on this girl's blog I randomly came across when googling the product:
http://bangbangsheshoots.blogspot.com/2010/09/lancome-ageless-minerale-foundation-vs.html

So if you have relatively clear skin and want a natural coverage, I highly recommend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->