Paris shopping

Could someone please tell which you think is best H & M store in Paris? I want to visit one with big supply.

for sure the one on the Champs Elysees! its open until midnight during the week if i remember correctly!
have fun!

Could someone please tell which you think is best H & M store in Paris? I want to visit one with big supply.

Yes the one on Champs Elysees is large and I love that they're open late, but I prefer the one between Printemps and Galeries Lafayette which I feel has a better collection...they get new stuff all the time and promote the designer collaborations foremost

Does anybody know of any great vintage stores in Paris that aren't so hostile towards people that speak crappy French? Last time I went was quite a terrible experience :lol:

I'm leaving on Wednesday! Can't wait.

Does anybody know of any great vintage stores in Paris that aren't so hostile towards people that speak crappy French? Last time I went was quite a terrible experience :lol:

I'm leaving on Wednesday! Can't wait.

Yeah, vintage stores owners are a rather specific type, rather proud. But just remember to say Bonjour Madame/Monsieur clearly, immediately when you enter the store, like you're visiting a house. Then approach them with Excusez-moi, Madame/Monsieur, parlez-vous anglais? and you should be okay. The Bonjour is a biggie...suddenly approaching someone with excusez-moi is not enough :cry:.

I LOVE the vintage stands at Porte de Clignancourt...just go early on a weekend and stroll around all day. Otherwise, most stores in the Marais are pretty cool, they leave you alone. Free P Star is a store around Hotel de Ville if you like cheap seventies and eighties stuff. Sorry I don't remember any specific addresses/names but I think there may have been some earlier in this thread.Check it out. HTH.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
A new vintage store just opened last week rue de la Verrière. I don't really remember the name "Kilo" something and it's real paradise. Don't be sensitive about the staffs in some parisian boutiques people. Just buy your stuffs and at the end you'll be the beautiful one and he or she will only stay embittered.

hi guys ^_^

i'm going to paris on the 27 to visit a friend and would like to do some shopping. can you recommend any places for handbags that are good quality but not ridiculously expensive?

thank you :heart:

hi guys ^_^

i'm going to paris on the 27 to visit a friend and would like to do some shopping. can you recommend any places for handbags that are good quality but not ridiculously expensive?

thank you :heart:

Hmm...even if ridiculously expensive is Hermes and bad quality is Forever 21, price and quality are subjective...

I'd say stroll around the Marais. Not specifically bag-brands, but A.P.C. is usually good quality for price if it's your style, or maybe Vanessa Bruno.

And besides French bag brands, you can find all the basic typical mid-price high-street French brands at Galeries Lafayette or Printemps. Or Bon Marché. Sorry it's nothing original, but to give you an idea.

Not really a shopping related question, but what are some good and cheap gyms in Paris? Doesn't matter in what arrondissement! :flower:

hey guys!
I'm going to Paris next month and i'm so exited :D
I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Could you recommend not too expensive clothing stores (or brands)? like the french h&m, topshop etc?
2. I saw a french brand named "Toupy" in a store here which had really cute stuff but was way over priced.
Do you know if i can find it in paris? and is it concidered expensive over there?

Thanks!

I'll be staying in SoPi in 2 weeks; it will be my first time in Paris and I'm absolutely thrilled. I will be there for a full week and would like to make the absolute best of my time there.

I have 4 questions:

1- Which neighborhoods have the highest concentration of shopping? I don't like the idea of making a list of stores and hopping around the city, I'd rather walk around and see which boutiques catch my eye.

2- My budget for clothing will be around $1300 (TOTAL). Obviously I will visit designer boutiques just to gawk at them, but can anyone recommend any French equivalents to Urban Outfitters? Should I stick to the department stores, or maybe the neighborhood boutiques? Or are their great chain stores at that price point?

3- In case I'm feeling indulgent, are Louboutin's patent Pigalle 120s still available anywhere in Paris? :wink:

And finally..

4- Any tips for getting into CLUB SILENCIO??? :woot:

I am not sure if my question fits in this threat...

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a cheap and hip hairdresser in Paris who is especially good for a hair cut.

Thanks for your help in advance!

any recommendations for magazines?

I have the following list so far:

agora presse
le bon marche
arty dandy

would really appreciate!

Does anyone know where I can find Bliss spa products in Paris???

i have been wondering for ages if this place still exists...
it's a discount designer place...
i don't know what kind of designers they carry these days or if it's any good...
would anybody know anything about it?

Mouton a Cinq Pattes
i found a website!
http://www.moutonacinqpattesparis.com/

I found it the first time i was in Paris- which was 20 yrs ago...
at the time, it was full of Gaultier, some Montana and Romeo Gigli...

i got several Gigli knit tops...they are really classic Gigli...
and i don't remember what i paid but it must have been really inexpensive because i had just graduated from design school and wasn't exactly rolling in $$...

if anyone has been there or knows what sort of brands they carry lately, i'd be very interested to know...

thanks in advance...
:flower:

^Mouton a Cinq Pattes has a couple of stores in Zurich, as well. I haven't been there in a while, but the designers they have nowadays are mostly crap. Lots of flashy Dquared, John Galliano, Armani, Missoni stuff. Not sure if the Paris boutique is better, I would assume it is! :Pink:

^Mouton a Cinq Pattes has a couple of stores in Zurich, as well. I haven't been there in a while, but the designers they have nowadays are mostly crap. Lots of flashy Dquared, John Galliano, Armani, Missoni stuff. Not sure if the Paris boutique is better, I would assume it is! :Pink:

Thanks for the response. I assumed it must be sort of crap cause I never hear anyone mention it these days, but I can't help wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->