Personal Style Etc.

haha...
yes---that's obviously a good idea!
:lol:...

thing is i wasn't really looking on purpose...
and -honestly- even if i was looking, if it's an isetan exclusive, there's little chance of me finding it...

:ermm:...

what you'd like to find can mostly be something like stars' lights, fragile ones. what had taken place long ago and reached you at last.
they are so antinomically ontological that they may be what you just must not want to possess. :alien:
still, when a few of them happen to fall to your place, you are lucky.

what I just found
from visvim SS 2018

fashionpress

Attachments

• WMV_2018ss_009.jpg
    WMV_2018ss_009.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5
  • WMV_2018ss_010.jpg
    WMV_2018ss_010.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
funny- cause i want to put stars on everything right now for some reason...
^_^...

also funny-
i was just looking at visvim and thinking how much i like what they do...

as usual...
we are mysteriously and magically connected...

:magic:...:heart:...

insecure women get all angsty and aggro when i turn up wearing what i normally wear and they are wearing jeans and a t shirt...
then i have to reassure them that they look so much better in jeans and a t-shirt than i ever could and that they are soooo lucky...
:lol:...

so tedious...

:rolleyes:...

the other day I wore a long white satin shirt with tiny pink pinstripes and a pair of flat blk leather scrunched boots that I got in college circa 1985...
with black leggings and a burgundy oversized cardigan by allesandro dell'aqua...

:clap:...
hahaha...

never listen to the stupid people who say throw things out if you haven't worn them recently...

^_^

so sad...
I think my YY mouse sneakers are almost dead...
I've worn them so much that the rubber sole is all worn down and even cracked...
love them so much that they have literally been worn to death!
:ninja:...:heart:...:flower:...

it does mean that I am wearing the YY linen lace up runway boots more now...
though I will have to put them away for the season now that the snow has arrived...

:magic:

hmmm...
it's a cross between slow and rain today...
hovering around freezing temps...
wet and cold...

wtf to wear... :doh:

got to wear some of my fave things to an event the other day and that made me soooo happy...

red silk kimono with gold print from Tokyo...
YSL blk Jersey gown...
dries silk wrap top with gold sequins and embroidery...
chloe patent wooden wedges...
vintage silk bag with red rhinestones...

too fun!!!

:magic:

I never go to the movies...

today I was going to meet a friend for an early show...
the weather was hot but then there was a sudden torrential downpour...

figuring out what to wear was a challenge...

I ended up wearing a bunch of stuff that I haven't worn yet this summer...(or in quite some time, actually)

these items included...
a knit linen/cotton cardi by max studio from the 80's...
a wooden brooch of a mushroom with eyes...
and a natural linen skirt with large and medium black polka dots from CDG...
it took me ages to find the shoes I wanted to wear because I hadn't worn them for so long...

it was all slightly silly and completely joyful...
100 percent comfortable and 100 percent me...
I felt so light and breezy...

the rain ended by the time the film was over and I walked home with a pronounced bounce in my step...

the power of fashion...

:heart:

@softgrey - the movies are actually a pretty good place to dress up for, to an extent at least! For starters, you spend most of your time in darkness and everyone is too focused on the movie to pay attention to what others wear, it makes for an oddly judgement-free environment that way. I had a great time dressing up for Avengers:Endgame and Captain Marvel earlier this year (a lot of the audience at my shows dressed up in their own way, it was nice to see)

I've just come back from a movie that was a documentary about a boyband.... went in the following:

Vintage oversized pale gold shantung jacket
sleeveless grey printed button-up shirt from CDG
cobalt blue pleated midi skirt from Marni
black Puma Suede sneakers (with no-show socks)
A drawstring reticule my mother DIYed from an old bedspread (it was red and blue with bronze paisley patterns)...just big enough to hold my phone, wallet and glasses.

It's a good and comfortable outfit, both for the heat outside - don't want clingy tops sticking to me while I sweat! - and also for the inevitable crank-up of the AC in the theatre.

part of me has a strong desire to cut off all my hair into a short floppy style right now...
but the practical part of me knows that keeping it long and being able to just put it up in a twist is more practical...
especially with my current wrist issue, styling is going to be too difficult...

another part of me wants to dye it all blue...

:ninja:...

:glare:

My current 'hairstyle' is definitely not the worst of it, I'll say that :ninja:

I thought this was hilarious. I opened an e-mail today from Trunk Club (one of the many things I don't need right now), and it said "Let's talk about black leggings, because you're probably wearing them right now.'

I was.

^ :lol:

I can't wear black at home anymore since I got a striped cat...!
:doh:

lately...
cashmere is the only thing that feels good...
anything soft is very comforting during these stressful times...

not sure what I'll do as it's starting to warm up now...

:unsure:...:ermm:...

^ I find that lyocell blends can be very soft and comfortable. I just got some jeans (terracotta color) that have lyocell and they just feel like heaven!

I have an intensely purple sweater (more than one actually :ninja:), and someone pointed out that on Zoom it reflects on my hair and makes it look dip-dyed. She wanted to know if I'd actually done it :lol: I'm not really into changing my hair color at all, but a little reflection never hurt anyone ...

My personal style is what some people might call basic or boring lol. I wear a lot of black but also some others neutrals... white, beige, gray etc. I just love the way it looks, and super easy to match things to dress up or down. I love things that are considered timeless, and maybe not a trend of the moment.

Also band t shirts are my favorite (only the bands I like lol). I like to cut them and style them in my own way, or sometimes just leave them as is.

I cannot find anything online. I am 5'4" tall and since I can't try anything on in a store since all dressing rooms are closed, I need to find something online. I am looking for a long maxi dress that is ankle length or preferably a bit longer that just hits my foot. I am not sure what the exact dress length should be. I saw one online that looked like it went just past the ankle, but it was 47" long which doesn't make sense, since if I'm measuring correctly from shoulder down, 47" is goes to way above my ankle and I'm sure the model online is taller than me. I tried measuring to my foot, but not sure if measured right. Would anyone know what length exactly I should be looking for? Thanks!

^ The measurement is going to be specific to your body. I know how to measure an inseam, but not sure about a dress. You could ask the site's customer support exactly how they're measuring the dress--or maybe it's already explained somewhere.

who else has been in the house so long they've forgotten how to dress themselves...?!

:P...:unsure:...:wacko:...

:lol:

Every season I do moodboards for my personal style but this fall I did not have any effort/feeling. I dress black mostly and I love staying at home so when Im at home its joggers and t-shirts. I kinda lost my style taste lol

Isolation madness getting to me after all of these lockdowns.

Got these boots just before lockdown and have only worn them once because I haven't had much of a reason to wear them given everything is shut and I am working from home. No bars, no clubs, no restaurants - seriously nothing. I'm even working from home. The solution?

Create a reason by just going for a walk.

Boot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->