Personal Style: Questions and Answers

Well your links are showing up kind of wierd.
I love the capucci dress!!! that is super cute.

I like the flats as well. I think however you put it together its going to be cute, I wouldnt do the mauve colored dress with those mauve shoes though, I would break it up but thats jmo

Hmm... good point about the mauve, Diego. Thanks for the input!

Are the links still showing up weird? I bungled the first job, but I think I've fixed them now...

Curious said:
I knew I'd have a need for this soon!!

I have several events coming up and I've decided to INVEST in a quality outfit that I'm hoping will suit all three occassions w/ a switch in accessories here and there and can be mixed and match with everyday items as well. The three events are an evening wedding this weekend, a backyard June afternoon wedding and a California wedding in late September.

The following are the pieces I've ordered and am choosing from:

Balenciaga Dress (mine will be in navy - I got the last one :woot: :(

Capucci Dress (mine will be in emerald green - also the last one. Shame you can't see it b/c it's a beautiful color:(

Marni Dress:

Accessories: Jimmy Choo, Costume National, & Antik Batik, respectively:

So my thoughts for combinations were the following:

1) Balenciaga + costume national shoes + chunky jewelry (maybe coral?)
2) Capucci + Jimmy Choo + gold bangles
3) Marni + costume national + chunky jewelry

I thought I could just swap out the heels for the flats for the backyard wedding.

What do you think? You're favorite combo or ideas involving these options? I can't keep them all, so I have to choose unfortunately :(

A side question, too. Do you think those particular Choos would be worth the investment?

Thanks to all!! :flower:

curious - I love all three dresses but I am not so keen on the shoes apart from the costume nationale ones. I love the dresses though. I would go for the Balenciaga dress and the CN shoes if you had to choose one of each.

I am in complete agreement with Helena, that's exactly what I was about to post. Could you get some gold Choos without additional adornment? Those would work better than the jewels, imho:blush: Those dresses are GORGEOUS! Lucky girl, I love them all!

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited the dresses are a hit!!

Helena - do you like the Balenciaga b/c it will be navy :P Just kidding! I like that combo, too.
ShannonMC - good idea about the Choos. I liked the idea of the green gems w/ the green dress, but it might be overkill. Plain gold would make them more versatile w/ the rest of my things also.

thewannabe said:
Check out 'Lucky' magazine... they always have lots of photos and how-to's and ideas for what to wear for work.
http://www.luckymag.com/

As for my humble opinion... I'm not an accessory girl, but if I wanted to dress up my casualness, I would wear more 'fitted' clothes (fitted jean jacket vs. baggy), and make sure I have the following, as every girl should have one this season: khakis (baggy, straight leg), crisp button-down shirts or neutral blouse, and a simple pencil skirt.

To dress down, reduce accessories, stick to solid colored items, and omit metallics.
ooh, thanks those sound like some easy adjustments as well. I appreciate your help :flower:

My Yoox order w/ the three dresses and the CN shoes is waiting for me when I get home today :woot:!! I'm so excited!! Let's hope all the dresses fit and I can have my pick. Yippee!! Just thought I'd share :wink:

Curious congratulations - I hope you find one that you like....which one are you thinking of now?

I'm most drawn to the Balenciaga and CN shoes combo as you suggested. But, then again, I'm still crazy about the Capucci because the emerald green it's coming in is stunning!! I guess I'm still undecided :huh:. Hopefully, it will become clear when I get my hands on them. I'll let you know what happens :D

The verdict is in!! The net-a-porter package was there, too. I felt like a million bucks opening that one! They do a great job w/ packing. So, here's the run down:

1) Balenciaga - Superb!! :heart: :heart: :heart: The hands down winner. And very versatile.
2) Marni - the wrong size, but I think it would have been really beautiful in the correct size...
3) Capucci - not at all what I expected. The color was a bit brighter than I expected. It was also much more voluminous than I expected. It looked nice reined in with a belt, but I think it should stand out on its own, so it will go back...
4) The CN shoes - undecided :unsure:. There a bit more lavender than the picture shows. They don't really go with the dress as I expected, but I think they'd be stunning w/ a pencil skirt w/ or w/out tights. What do you think?

5) The Choos - :yuk: I felt extremely gaudy when I put them on...
6) Antik Batiks - just didn't like them. weren't flattering

So, I want to wear my red suede Louboutin Mary Jane stilettos w/ the dress tonight, but they're forecasting rain :(. Their treated, but I don't know if they'll hold up...

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. I'm so pleased w/ the Balenciaga dress!!!

curious...very nice choices...congrats...!!
i like all the dresses but agree with helena on the shoes...only sort of like the costume nationals...

question-did the marni dress run bigger or smaller than you thought it would...curious becuase i was thinking of a similar one i saw somewhere recently...thanks:flower:

ps-and pls be careful with suede in the rain...really risky...:ninja:

Thanks, Softgrey! Yep, I've opted to ditch the suede shoes. I'd be really upset w/ myself if I ruined them :blush:

The Marni ran larger. I'm surprised b/c I went by the Yoox conversion size in all 3 dresses, but this one seemed like it was two sizes too large :huh: I'd say order down (based on my limited experience, of course :wink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobAllen4599
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->