Please Help Me With My Homework/Research/Survey

Lauren M

Reaction score
For one of my classes I have to write a 5,000-6,000 page report on a topic of my choice. I have decided to write about how my College (which is very traditional aka Business, Arts and Sciences, Criminal Justice, etc) should offer a Fashion Marketing class. In this paper I have to address background on the fashion industry and how and why this is a lucrative professional choice that is attracting more and more students into the field... Any suggestions?

I would ... run away if I had a 5000 page paper to write... think of Dictionary size. :shock:

since it's a traditional college, i think it's a good idea if you use fashion as a source of modernisation for the college. fashion can be used as a tool for improving it's image, on why they should offer it, simply because fashion is what makes the world interesting, it set trends, it produces the beautiful people we adore and it offers the chance for us to be unique and forge our own creative paths.

AND IF THEY DON'T LIKE THAT WELL, TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE DARLINGS FASHION IS JUST FABULOUS AND WE LOVE IT

sorry guys, I meant 5,000 - 6,000 words... I guess I am just a little stressed out... Thanks for the insight Marilyn!

Would You Help Me With My Homework / Research?

hey all,
So I have this admissions essay to write and the topic is basically give a biography of your life including any work experiences, hobbies, extracurricular activities, etc. etc. Anyway I've been putting it off because i don't know how to write an essay about any of those things in an interesting way or how I can make it interesting while still including relevant information about work experience, etc. etc. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm really grabbing at straws here people:doh: :flower:

Just start off as if you were talking to someone you know. A good thing to do also would be to get a tape recorder and just start talking about your life, then go back and edit the parts you don't want to include. Good luck

Thanks MM. I've tried writing it out but I just can't think of an interesting way to write about it. I mean how can I write about my life so that it's interesting and not just I did this, and then this and then this. grrr.

When my dad was sick, and I didn't know too much about his life when he was young I ask him to tell me his life story. Every day when I went to the hospital he would tell me another story. I wrote them all down and I wouldn't trade them for the world. If nothing else you could pretend that your kids will read it someday.:heart:

hmm...thats an interesting technqiue MM. In the very least, it will get the ideas rolling in terms of style. :flower:

meg
I remember when I had to write the f..... statement of intent as part of the admission process to parsons..
my suggestions are: talk about relevant issues... mainly discuss episodes in your life which led u to become the person u are today.. and what can u add with your personal experiences to enrich the classes, cultural background, etc.

P1. intro - who are you - where are u from - your "supportive" family - etc . i started with "since i was a child, i have always lived and breathed fashion. my parents have owned a fashion company.. bla bla bla...

P2 & P3. why do u want to study fashion des. (or whatever are u applying for-..) - what did u study - where did u work - achievements: try to use concrete facts such as "i accomplished...", "I organised..", "I designed...", "I was responsible for..."

P4: GOALS... "as a result of my personal experiences.... I believe that XXXX is the best place to study XXXXX...", " XXX suits me in many ways: ........."

P5: conclusion - explain why do u have to be there and sum up the main issues u have discussed within the essay...

hope can help!!
good luck!! :flower:

thanks JR. I'm still putting this effing essay off so I think having that outline will help me greatly!! Thanks!

I'd do it on an original way ..by putting it backwards!
Starting with "I delivered my paper to my teacher today ..." and then ... go back!
It'll get a 10 for originality!

For a college admissions essay I did, I wrote about cleaning out my room, going through my personal items and explaining the significance of each one in my life.

Help Me With My Homework

I've noticed quite a few of our younger members starting threads where they are asking for advice, to interview people, or for source material to help them with school projects. I was thinking it might be to the benefit of the board population as a whole to put all the homework-help requests into one general thread, and merge new topics of that nature when and as they occur.

Just like the Lookbook and Jewelry-Making thread, it would be a one-stop clearinghouse for academic queries and would help keep people's requests for help from getting lost among other discussions.

What do the mods, as well as other members think of this idea?

I think it's a great idea. It might also enable people to benefit from previous answers to questions similar to theirs. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->