Post Fashion Design Competitions & Contests Here.

Reaction score
.. Basically, I'm a fashion designer in the making :P and I obviously have lots and lots of fashion sketches which i've done for college and in my spare time, and I was thinking, why not put them to use eh?

I dont seem to be capable of finding out if there are any competitions around for some reason, I mean yeh I sometimes stumble across the ones in fashion magazines like Elle etc ... but does anyone know any competitions about at the moment? or up and coming ones? or some kinda site that deals with consistent fashion competitions? :lol:

So far, i've only found the fashionfringe one, but there must be more??

Thanx for reading :flower: (and im based in London if thats any use :P)

hmm lena is like the godess abt all this sort of info.. prod her for some info
plus DAZED N CONFUSED magazine has a yearly competition that runs...
u win either a prize to design ur capsule collection which will b put in topshop... or u get to work for the design team for topshop for a year...

hey Foxy, we always try to locate and post info on design competitions in the designers&collections section of tFS, you just need to scroll back and find our older topics, or keep updated for spotting them out as soon as they appear.

you may need to contact Design Council or other local (uk) design institutions for upcoming competitions, Triumph international just had an underwear/swimwear competition up (check their site) but i think the deadline is over now.

best luck in locating more competitions and please do share if you find some new ones coming up :flower:

ps: not sure of your design style, but you can always get prepared and apply to the Hyeres fashion festival for next season (see related topic & links)

My design style fluctuates from one point to another depending how im feeling :lol: but im also very versatile :smile:

Thanx sed and lena, i wasnt too sure where i was meant to look y'see :P

you are most welcome foxy :flower:

also check out your local Swarovski headquarters, they always have some kind of competion for new and rising designers :wink:

theres www.mittelmoda.com seems worth it i took part sometime back and even if i didnt win they sent my contacts and designs to some companies like Sixty fashion who have since asked for my cv and all

ITS* new fashion design competition

ITS is a relatively new fashion design talent competition in Trieste-Italy.
Here are the -much interesting- updates from their latest session, attented by Renzi Rosso of Diesel, plus
Franco Pene, chairman of Gibò, who was one of 18 jurors, along with designers Antonio Berardi and Antonio Marras, Diesel creative director Wilbert Das, John Galliano studio head Elisa Palomino and Maria Luisa Poumaillou, owner of Maria Luisa boutique.
worths your time if you are a new designer , check out this article :wink:

Even after a near-sleepless night partying with friends and an early morning helicopter flight to Trieste, Diesel owner Renzo Rosso seemed to be loving it all — catching up with the young designers at the Hotel Riviera on the city’s coast line, the thrill of searching for new talent and the knowledge of actively shaping their futures. “Supporting new designers is part of our DNA,” Rosso said. “We now list 55 designers working at Diesel and we grow thanks to their pure, new and always-fresh creativity.” It is this quest for creativity that spurred Rosso to endorse the International Talent Support program four years ago. Every year, the ITS Diesel Award grants $3,000, or 2,500 euros at current exchange rates, and produces five pieces labeled with the name of the winner, which are sold at main Diesel stores around the world. “We are not looking for experienced designers,” Rosso said. “We believe in grooming [creativity], and when you discover new talents, they are faithful and loyal to you.” Barbara Franchin, director and project supervisor of EVE agency, which organizes ITS, said designers this year sent projects revolving around death and its symbols, such as skeletons, closed mouths, covered heads, red stitching or, entirely on the other end of the spectrum, flowers and butterflies, as well as “a downpour of denim, which works well in so many different ways, is not too costly and can be produced anywhere,” she said. Franchin said that she was proud of the relationship built with the fashion houses and that a number of previous contestants were working for Dolce & Gabbana, Yohji Yamamoto, Versace and Moschino, among others. Organizers said the number of applicant designers this year grew to 700, from 70 countries and 174 schools around the world, compared with 460 in 2002. While ITS introduced a photography award sponsored by MINI International this year, Rosso said he was planning on adding awards for the interior design and accessories categories, including jewels, next year. ITS Four was held July 14-17 and, on the last evening, the 21 finalists staged a runway show presenting a selection of their collections. The winners were announced after the event: Marcus Lereng Wilmont of Denmark, who studied at the English Royal College of Art and School of Fashion & Textiles, won the Collection of the Year Award and $24,000, or 20,000 euros. His men in skirts blended European tailoring with Eastern tradition. Fine wools, leather and silks contrasted with exotic materials such as horse hair, metallic embroidery threads, embossed heraldry and antique buttons. Israeli Eli Effenberger took the Special Jury prize grant of $6,000, or 5,000 euros, and the Maria Luisa Award — a dedicated window at the Paris Maria Luisa boutique — with her striking illustrations and oversized kimonos made from Victorian tailcoat suits. The Diesel Award went to the German Christoph Froehlich and his deconstructed men’s wear pieces. I-D Styling Award, Ingeo Sustainability Award, WGSN Best Portfolio and Le Book Award were the other prizes granted by ITS. “It was a great and comprehensive collection, ready to be shipped to stores,” said Franco Pene, chairman of Gibò, who was one of 18 jurors, along with designers Antonio Berardi and Antonio Marras, Diesel creative director Wilbert Das, John Galliano studio head Elisa Palomino and Maria Luisa Poumaillou, owner of Maria Luisa boutique. Berardi said this contest was “much needed” at a time when “older designers don’t leave space” and Milan looks old. “Miuccia Prada is the only one that always pushes the boundaries and doesn’t play safe,” said the designer, who has decided to start showing in Paris in the fall. “There is an amazing level of design, with students [overturning] preconceptions related to their birth place. You would never guess in a million years the nationality of the Indian designer [Neelanjan Ghosh] by looking at his collection, as there’s none of the expected ethnic traits or embroideries.”
from wwd :flower:

Its #five Fashion Competition 2006

HI,
I got the mail of the launch of ITS International Talent Support a fashion competition supported by Diesel. I was there in the fourth edition for a photo shooting and and I have to say that was totally great. Just a catwalk show beside the see, great style, (not really every collection) but definitly fun.
The site had change but it is still interesting for a young fashion designer...
www.itsweb.org

and if you wannna join the contest here the entry form and rules

http://www.itsweb.org/jsp/en/howtoenter/index.jsp

we have discussed ITS at a number of threads already,
its a much promising event, the Italian version of Hyeres Festival..

thanks for bringing this in and welcome to tFS lemontie :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadline Approaching for Gen Art Styles and Perrier Competitions!

OPEN CALL FOR GEN ART STYLES 2006 INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AND PERRIER COMPETITIONS
Gen Art is a non-profit organization that showcases the top emerging talent in fashion, film and the visual arts in New York City and Los Angeles to hundreds of members of the fashion industry and press.

We have issued an international open call to designers and aspiring designers for our annual competition, Styles 2006. The competition will conclude with 25 finalists showing their designs in a high-production fashion show in New York City in May 2006. At the show, a panel of celebrity fashion judges will choose five winners who will each receive a $5,000 cash prize. The deadline for the Styles 2005 competition is Friday, March 17.

Additionally, we are announcing the fourth anniversary Perrier Bubbling Under Award for Design, which will provide one winner with a $10,000 grant. This year’s theme for the competition is Sparkle. Perrier will partner with the Gen Art Styles 2006 Design Competition and the Perrier Competition is open to fashion students and aspiring and emerging fashion designers in the United States and Canada. The deadline for the Perrier Competition is Monday, March 27.

You may download the applications from our website at:

http://www.genart.org/home.application.htm?itemid=1333 and http://www.genart.org/home.application.htm?itemid=1348
Please contact us at 212.255.7300 or [email protected] with any questions.

I am from india i also have same problem as u i want able to find competations and also i am searching for the job as and free lance fashion designer so plz if u can help me then plz mail me my id is [email protected] and reply me plz.... help me i will b thankfull to u all....

Design competition

Hi Everyone, I am a scout for a new company looking for
future clothing trends across the world. I am looking for interesting themes/photographs that can be incorporated into a new product, the possibilities and opportunities are endless. If you wish to be involved please send all photographs (must be referenced if it involves a statue, place etc) and theme ideas, clothing designs with supporting justification of why you think it will be the next best fashion theme. Remember there is an opportunity to have your work published with a target audience of numerous fashion designers. Want to get you name out there? then email me your stuff! I look forward to hearing from you and viewing your choices.

Please note there is a £1000 reward for the winner

[email protected]

Mango fashion competition and awards

whoa!!!!!!!!!

dont know this company and what it stands for, but i think this is interesting.

can someone with an online WWD account (sorry mine is paper) post more on this, as they say it will be detailed in tomorrows edition.

Mango Unveils International Fashion Award
By Samantha Conti

BARCELONA - Mango, the Spanish fast-fashion brand, on Wednesday announced plans for an international design competition for up-and-coming talent, the El Boton Mango Fashion Award.

The first runway competition will take place in Barcelona next fall, and the winner will receive a prize of 300,000 euro, or $385,000, with no obligation to work for Mango.

“We wanted this to be the biggest fashion award – and,economically-speaking, it is,” said Enric Casi, Mango’s chief executive, during a news conference here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->