Prada S/S 2019 Milan

Her best collection in quite a few seasons. I guess it's because it's a lot less heavy and much more basic. No styling tricks.

.... and just like that she comes around and shuts down all the "she has lost it" talk. Spectacular collection! :heart: So many delicious Pradaisms in there: modern and sporty yet super classic and retro; sweet and girly yet subversively sexual; perfectly put-together girl with a touch of rebellion... amazing daywear, great colors and prints, amazing styling... and can go on and on. Just really freaking good. In previous collection she was a bit clumsy with references of past collections, but here she hit that note perfectly. The opening looks had a hint of S/S 03, some other silhouettes and fabrics were familiar too, but the reinterpretation felt super fresh and original.

Even if I liked her S/S18 (which is quite underrated imo), this is her best collection in years!
What a difference a simpler styling and fresh prints makes!
It is still very self referential but it feels fresh. I love so many pieces here...
The way she used the logo here is very chic and subtle.
Stunning coats and the beautiful t-shirt babydoll dresses at end are also quite exceptional.

I feel sad for the men, next to this, the resort collection feels very « passé ».

I don’t know if it’s the real return of Prada but I hope it will continue like that...

And as always, Miuccia super chic at the end.

The white printed trench looks reminiscent of zeppelin's houses of the holy album cover.

a return to form, very desirable collection with really really good accessories. I worry about the color palette, which i find very unappealing.
but all in all, very good. it feels energetic and fearless.

Absolutely a step in the right direction and her best in years. I still think pieces from older collections look more modern than anything she has presented lately though mostly because of that cheap looking hardware and questionable finishings. Things can look so outlet-y sometimes, it’s frustrating.

It's classic, sporty, trendy, chic and more all the same time.. It's the Prada I will never get tired of.

Why someone would invest on any of this is beyond me, pretty much every piece is the definition of fashion victim, ending with the bags that seem inspired by Céline by Slimane when we haven't even seen what he does lol. I was going to go easy on the metallic shoes till I saw them from the side, yeah, that's a lot of.. ~fashion~, no thank you.

r0ulg6.jpg

[livingly]

Why someone would invest on any of this is beyond me, pretty much every piece is the definition of fashion victim, ending with the bags that seem inspired by Céline by Slimane when we haven't even seen what he does lol. I was going to go easy on the metallic shoes till I saw them from the side, yeah, that's a lot of.. ~fashion~, no thank you.

r0ulg6.jpg

[livingly]
This kinda reminds me of a Dior pump under Raf....
Olivier had maybe too much influence at Prada.

One of my favorite prada collections in a long time. I just love (almost, lol) everything about it. From the clothes, to the colors, patterns, styling, hair and makeup. Just gorgeous! Classic, sexy, interesting and most important, beautiful.
There's nothing rlly NEW or that we haven't seen before, but I don't care. This is simple and very Prada, so I can't complain.

It does feel autopilot indeed. The styling is a bit better but I hate those socks.

I don't get how people are giving this admiration. I don't find anything about it appealing!

Personally, it looks less desperate than her recent outings and the styling is good. That’s all...
Maybe we should all re-evaluate the impact of Prada nowadays... Personally, I did, and all despite my admiration for Miuccia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->