Producers vs. Consumers

mikevensel

Reaction score
I am currious to hear other peoples opinions of fashion production vs. consumption. I am a producer of fashion products and since I have started my consumption of fashion goods has dropped dramtically. Now I see the consumer as a labrat that can be manipulated into mass consumption for profits. I dont want to be treated that way so my reaction is to reduce my consumption and really only buy what I need, I have a core classic wardrobe with a few of my fav designer peices. How do other fashion producers feel? How do the consumers feel that they are being forcefed product? In your post please state if you are a producer or consumer. Thanks =)

I'm a consumer, but I have dabbled a little on the production side as well...

Overall, when I'm shopping I'm looking for quality. It doesn't have to be designer, but it often is. I tend to ignore trendier pieces and go for basic or quirky stuff I might use for years. I don't really like the whole idea of disposable style/fashions...

"Now I see the consumer as a labrat that can be manipulated into mass consumption for profits." sounds very cold and cynic, btw... I understand it's a business, but still... Do you have respect for your customers, want to give them the best you can provide? How do you operate? What are you producing?

tott said:
btw... I understand it's a business, but still... Do you have respect for your customers, want to give them the best you can provide? How do you operate? What are you producing?

Well I am a bit odd - I didnt grow up in the fashion world I knida just jumped in - started a clothing line and a magazine. The consumer isnt as important to me as producing a product I can be proud of and control.

With my clothing line I design things that are designed for my ideal woman - I know alot of woment cant wear it - I dont do many sizes because I think if someone wants to wear my clothes they have to conform to my ideals - if not then dont buy it - hahaha - obviously I am not in it for the money. I design products that are solutions to problems - most of my peices I consider to be timelesss and seasonless - I hope the consumer can keep it and wear it for years - if they dont buy new pieces each season thats ok with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->