Provocative / Offensive Ads #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Uh, I'm from Vegas and I've seen more provacative ads advertising a radio station. I see (well, I used to see) billboards with topless girls and insanely sexual innuendo on a daily basis. Trust me, I've seen worse :lol:

As for the b*kk*ke contest comment, call me crazy but I don't see gratuitously sexual innuendo in the ad and I have a dirty mind. I certainly don't see b*kk*ke :huh:

^^^ Uh, I'm from Vegas and I've seen more provacative ads advertising a radio station. I see (well, I used to see) billboards with topless girls and insanely sexual innuendo on a daily basis. Trust me, I've seen worse :lol:

As for the b*kk*ke contest comment, call me crazy but I don't see gratuitously sexual innuendo in the ad and I have a dirty mind. I certainly don't see b*kk*ke :huh:

I guess my mind is dirtier :lol: No really - I like Vegas p*rn ads - the girls look like they're having fun...so...this poor girl hasn't even been given a chemical party, just a secretional. No fair :( Or maybe it's just the failed Newtonian vibe that irks me...

tigerrouge, I think you're right, this gal is just there to disguise the fact that it's really Tom's equipment that's being advertised :lol:

stuck in late seventies.....

I'm willing to bet nine out of ten people would "interpret" that ad as tasteless. There is such a thing as "standards" in this world.
oh, don't be stupid, this is actually done as a late seventies early eighties RETRO, in everyway of sense. does that mean all these 'oh, i found it offensive and tasteless' people are still stuck in time wrap early than that, late sixties early seventies, even the sickly fifties? wake up! it's a new century already! :lol:

oh, don't be stupid, this is actually done as a late seventies early eighties RETRO, in everyway of sense. does that mean all these 'oh, i found it offensive and tasteless' people are still stuck in time wrap early than that, late sixties early seventies, even the sickly fifties? wake up! it's a new century already! :lol:

That's funny, because the entire problem is the failure to recapture the Newton/Feurer feeling. Just because they tried to recapture the 78-82 feeling doesn't mean they succeeded. I might be more critical that most regarding this because that time period is my favourite all categories. I have no problem with the subject matter (breasts, fallic symbols etc), but I have a problem with the execution...

Last edited by a moderator:
The words in the video are pretty suggestive, too. Is the Santa hat supposed to represent a condom? :innocent:

I think that Denim for Men ad was made in the days before anyone wore a condom.

Here's my problem with the Tom Ford ad. It's not the breasts, pose, sweat....anything like that. It's the total lack of anything that's actually sexy. It's blatant, cheesy and not even mildly erotic, which, coming from Tom Ford, is a huge problem in my book.

It just looks tacky, very Penthouse magazine, not provocative.

It almost looks like someone trying to be Tom Ford and failing miserably.

Sidenote, I'm fairly certain that the image was actually shot by Marilyn Minter, not Terry Richardson.

Omnis is wrong, on my side of the Atlantic, in my hometown, that ad would be normal.

It's wrong to generalize in a country with 300 million inhabitants, but USA is thought to be very conservative compared to Europe. Just look at the whole Janet Jackson and one of her melons popping out .. It was a national crisis. :lol:

^ hahaha i am in canada when i saw it... it was like a split second and you can hardly tell what is really going on....
back to the tom ford thread, i dont find it too offensive, but it is disgusting cheap, old style and tacky..... it is even worse when they objectize a women in such way (omg tom ford can do waaayyyyy better then this!)

source | wwd

1183855630_0c926173f4_o.png

this Tom Ford ad is boring.... but Tom seems to know this kind of things still work (sadly) without even being published... Do you think it will be published??? in Purple or SelfService... but in Vogue?? maybe Vogue Paris...
the boobs look weird, non?
but it's funny... a branlette espagnole with a perfume...:innocent:...
it's really p*rn... no more p*rno chic or whatever... it's just p*rn...
Wear my perfume and your wife (mistress, gf etc.) will agree for a branlette espagnole...:lol::doh::ninja: Do you think it would work???^_^

Actually the thing that disturb me (not really... but a little) is the open mouth... I think this is what could shock most... I let you imagine... young ppl on this forum...:innocent:no need to explain...

Actually the thing that disturb me (not really... but a little) is the open mouth... I think this is what could shock most...

I keep not understanding what is so shocking about this image. A lot (of action) is suggested, but nothing is shown really. It's a teaser, the rest is all left to our imagination.

Some find it ugly - that's undestandable.
Some find it bad taste - still understandable.
But offensive? How? For the thoughts it makes us have? Well, who is to blame then :lol:

I guess the level of explicitness is what bothers people.
I personally never thought this ad would cause so much discussion, even though it's so p*rn.

It's a teaser, the rest is all left to our imagination.
what's the teaser, there???
everything is shown... the perfume (masculine sex), the boobs with the perfume btw (the action = branlette espagnole / spanish wank???).... the open mouth (the end of the act, the boy pleasure... need more explanation, about it???)

you wanted the perfume exploding in the girl's mouth??? that wouldn't be tom Ford... but really Terry Richardson...

think as a feminist, and you'll find the shock...
A woman is used to sell for men... + on the picture, she's the "object" giving pleasure to the man, and it makes men think they can give pleasure like this to a woman...
that makes sense, it's not complicated... it's a simple message...

But offensive? How? For the thoughts it makes us have? Well, who is to blame then :lol:

Indeed. I certainly didn't think of b*kk*ke or "branlette espagnole" when I saw the image. So who's to blame for people seeing that? :huh: :innocent:

you wanted the perfume exploding in the girl's mouth??? that wouldn't be tom Ford... but really Terry Richardson...

A woman is used to sell for men... + on the picture, she's the "object" giving pleasure to the man, and it makes men think they can give pleasure like this to a woman...
that makes sense, it's not complicated... it's a simple message...

Maybe that's for Lindsay Lohan and Terry Richardson's ads - good idea :lol: The problem, again, is that the woman doesn't look like she's getting any pleasure...of anything...except protein shots :lol:

Yeah, I can see your point now.
One question though: what makes you think a man can't give pleasure to a woman like this?

^:blink::lol::ninja:....
as a gay, I cannot imagine myself doing this... but maybe some women get pleasure with this... I don't know...

I guess standards, norms and culture aside, what makes it so awful is that it is specifically designed to shock. But it is so badly done it makes it crass. Every time I look at it I think 'Trainwreck'.

And what makes it offensive/insulting? Tom Ford thinking that men looking at this ad would be interested in the perfume :lol:

When you give pleasure to your partner, you feel good too, non? The woman on the picture seems pretty hot to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->