Purple lipsticks

Platinum Blonde

Reaction score
I did a search about purple lipsticks but I couldn't find any so I decided to start one. I really love purple lips but I think it is scary to wear it in public. Have you ever had a purple lipstick or do you wanna buy any particular? Please write the brand and the name or number of the colour.

I have one right now from H&M called Orchidding Me. I used to have one from Viva La Diva called Very Violet. They are two very different purple shades. Orchidding Me is a very dark purple on the berry side and Very Violet is a very bright medium purple with a bluish tinge
I would say.

funny you should bring this up...
i have an old one that i used to wear regularly...
it's purple with a bluish frost...
by mac...no idea about the name though...

it was definitely awkward wearing it cause i got a lot of stares...
but i liked it so much that i did it anyway...
then- when i was wearing it at a fashion show in milan, a japanese reporter asked to take my pic...

:lol:...

been thinking about it a lot lately and may have to revive the idea...

:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to try it, but purple lips are often in darker shades, and dark shades tends to make thin lips look thinner. :-( but then I don't know if eventually doing a sort of double color a la Miu Miu would work? Like put a lighter shade in the middle to catch light and make it seem more plumb ^_^

I always have purple lipsticks and glosses around, always from MAC ... usually they are limited edition, but they do bring them out regularly. The lipsticks I have right now are Sweet Succulence and Primrose Lustre (Proenza Schouler).

I have a bunch but Mac Heroine and Mac Rebel come to mind first. The latter is pinky-purple on me and Heroine is more of a lavender purple. Both are gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->