Questionable Designer Accessories... Why Did They Decide to Put Their Logo on This?

Americans, for only $995 you could be the ultimate 'fashionista' with this cooler bag at your upcoming 4th of July barbecue......
You can thank Alexander Wang, Bella Hadid and Magnum ice cream for this blatant money grab.

Source: Hypebae.com

Disclaimer: @Fashionista-ta.......no malice intended! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ I'd buy it

Well your taste in men is questionable, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it somehow extends to apparel as well. Lol. Can just picture you, Colby Keller and this overpriced and fashion victim-ey cooler bag settling down for an existential picnic in the Canadian outback.

It's not downright atrocious, but it looks a bit like a solicitor's case which imo is just about one of the ugliest inventions yet.

Well your taste in men is questionable, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it somehow extends to apparel as well. .
:lol:

Yeah, I think Phuel's pretty consistent.. from the 'I'd buy it', and other posts, I'm obviously not expecting him to turn up actually carrying ice cream... who knows, might as well be worth 995 if not more, depending on the purpose.

This takes the cake ...

It took me 7 min to figure out exactly what this was! No thanks, imagine you're at a networking event and bam, someone whops out a twink-ish bikini brief covered cell???? Classy!

In other news, Prada is now selling $460 yoga mats which is a caricature in itself. Looks like it's still made from plastic, which, I mean if you're going to pay that money instead of a cork, jute or hessian one? Clueless! Lol.

Source: Vogue.com

^ Of course you would :wink: I almost said, 'Let's see what Phuel thinks of this ...'

......In other Barneys news, the shop’s restaurant, Freds, will be offering a burger designed by Alexander Wang to celebrate the Lunar New Year. The dish comes with custom Wang chopsticks, and Barneys New York x Alexander Wang fortune cookies.

Alexander-Wang-Burger-2.jpg

Barneys

^ No no no ...

And if you're going to take the highly questionable step of having someone 'design' food, shouldn't it be a good designer?

Virgil Abloh's IKEA range:

"I look forward to see how these everyday objects will enter people's homes and hopefully add an emotional value to them. Because that has been the ethos of the whole collection."

virgil-abloh-Markerad-collection-ikea-launches-usa_dezeen_2364_col_24-852x479.jpg
virgil-abloh-Markerad-collection-ikea-launches-usa_dezeen_2364_col_3-852x1068.jpg
virgil-abloh-Markerad-collection-ikea-launches-usa_dezeen_2364_col_13-852x904.jpg
virgil-abloh-Markerad-collection-ikea-launches-usa_dezeen_2364_col_16-852x639.jpg

Dezeen

Funny. I thought the ethos of the whole collection was quick and easy money for everyone involved.
If you want to add a snarky comment to that "emotional value" line as well, please feel free to do so. I don't have the strength to do so today, and I need a good laugh :smile:

SOLANGE AZAGURY-PARTRIDGE IS TURNING HUMAN TEETH INTO FINE JEWELRY

written by Charles Manning November 5, 2019

That’s right, jewelry designer Solange Azagury-Partidge is making fine jewelry out of human teeth! The freaky little baubles are part of her new “Sentimentals” collection, which includes everything from an 18ct gold locket shaped like a brain, called a “Memory Bank,” to an 18ct gold ring engraved with tiny sperm swimming towards a diamond at the center of an ovum. But, of course, the best items in the entire collection for sheer wow-wow weirdness are definitely the earrings and ring made out of actual human teeth.

The earrings are called “Baby” and feature little clusters of real, human baby teeth set in 18ct gold and studded with half a dozen diamond “fillings.” The provenience of the teeth is a little murky just now. They might be the designer’s children’s teeth or they might be some other random baby teeth. The boutique was unable to confirm one way of the other, which raises a whole host of questions: Is it weirder to wear the teeth of someone you know, or someone you don’t know? If these are Azagury-Partridge’s children’s own baby teeth, would she really want to sell them? And if not, where did these mistery teeth come from? Does Azagury-Partridge have a secret Tooth Fairy connection? Oh my god! Is the Tooth Fairy real and reselling baby teeth she gets for a dollar at a massive mark-up? So many questions!

2526_zoom-e1572993725362.png

In addition to the earrings, there is also a ring called “Wisdom.” LOL. The one in the press packet and on the website is actually a fake tooth created with them help of a real dentist who specializes in creating and working with prosthetic teeth, but, if you wanted, you could bring in your own real wisdom tooth — or perhaps a molar? — and have something made just for you, complete with diamond fillings!

2528_zoom-e1572993746919.png

The ring with the ceramic tooth is $7,700, but if you bring your own tooth, it only costs $5,300. Such savings! The earrings, meanwhile, are $10,900, and, again, if you want, you can bring in your own baby teeth and have custom earrings made as well.

Azagury-Partridge is probably best known for her oft-copied Hotlips rings, cheap versions of which can be found at every knockoff fast fashion junk shop from Forever21 to Claire’s, but her best stuff is always a little odd — or, in this case, a lot odd — and god bless her for it. True, human tooth earrings aren’t for everyone, but that’s part of what makes them so great. Also, if you think about it, is this really any stranger than saving some macaroni portrait your kid gave you for Mother’s Day. Maybe you’ll never even actually wear them, but everytime you look at them, you’ll get wistful and maybe even laugh a little, and what more could you really ask for?

Fashionweekdaily

I'll see your ""jewelry made with baby-teeth", and raise you a "jewelry made with the designer's own skin." From Sruli Recht (src: srulirecht.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->