Relocating? ... Housing, Rentals, Apartments, Flats & Roomates

Jeanette

Reaction score
Well i didn´t know were i could post this but anyway. My problem is that i´m moving to Paris in april to study to become an makeup artist. The problem is that i don´t have a place to live. Does anyone know where i can find a place that are looking for roommates. I will be grateful for any help that i can get beacuse i´m getting desperate!!!:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
try to locate in a hotel and try your luck from there..
sorry to say but Paris is not an easy place to rent
why dont you try getting a holiday rent through the web?

www.craigslist.org has a Paris page. I had good luck last summer locating a short term stay. Be careful but by and large everyone I know has had good luck with it. Find something short term for the first few weeks while you're getting to know the city. Don't worry, it's always easier to find something after you arrive and can actually go see the flats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apartments in Paris

Hi guys,

My friend is soon to enter the fashion indstry in Frane. she's moving there for good and at the moment, she's looking for a one bedroom apartment in Paris preferably in 15th 7th or 17th arrondisomont.

Does anyone here live in France and can help with information?

thanks

Relocating? ... About Housing, Rentals & Roomates in various cities

do we have any threads/resources for people who are relocating for their career in fashion and need help finding rentals/roommates, etc? i am moving to ny and don't have many contacts there yet!

wow, lucky! good luck with everything. I've always dreamed of moving to nyc, but not until I'm finished with school. I'm moving into a big city in August though (Atlanta, GA) and I'm also pretty anxious.

NYC ! Hot , that is my my dream city to move to ! second would be LA

Any resources on moving anywhere would be really appreciated! I want to move to a different country in the near-ish future (out of college), but it seems like a daunting plan!

I moved overseas from Sydney to Boston to go to college when I was 19, now I am living in NYC.

You should just do it! It really isn't that scary. If you hate it, you can always move back home.

This is a great thread, I desperately want to move to Paris...I *could* be practical and wait until after college but that might not be the case.

Diorling said:
This is a great thread, I desperately want to move to Paris...I *could* be practical and wait until after college but that might not be the case.

I was born and raised in Paris and it is the greatest city I've ever seen!!! I know exactly how you feel...I miss it sooo much! :cry:

I'm moving to NYC in 1month!! Found a rent controlled apartment in Chelsea! Too good to be true...and I cannot wait!:clap:

Would love to live in Milano too!

Anything interesting about NY is very apprectiated please! :D

Oh wow...We should switch places...You to NYC me to Paris...

EVERYTHING about NY is interesting. Shopping, dining, clubbing, people, fashioni...Everything.

I moved to Milan last year, right after high school at the age of 18 to study fashion and textile...comming from a very close-knit family and a small American town it was not that easy, to be honest, but I'm hoping that it'll be a good sacrifice for the good future...right?:unsure:

I highly recommend trying CRAIGSLIST http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html
It's what I use whenever I want to live someplace else.
Just go there, choose your country, choose what you want (apartment, free bicycle, etc.)

So far I've only moved to a new city for college... small, small town to a big city :neutral: but you get used to it in a few weeks. Just last week, I got lost on the skytrain :rolleyes: It's great though, to get lost--I got myself a little tour of some cities I had never seen before.

I 2nd Craigslist!! when I was 19 I moved from Ohio to NYC without ever having so much as visited there, let alone know anybody who lived there. I simply found a roomate under "temps and sublets" and went with it. I've used it to find one night rentals too for when I visit. I can't wait to move back there someday! You will love it!

My next move:: PARIS!!! I'm planning to move there next year! What are some good spots to live in for a student like me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"