Repetto shoes

they bring back some very fond and [foolish] memories everytime I wear them.

temp store with earnest sewn in NYC...
to carry 75 styles...
elle.com

PUT ON YOUR DANCING SHOES

Repettos, the French dance shoes made famous by Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot, are experiencing an official renaissance. The unisex shoes took over the streets of Europe this summer, inspired updated versions by everyone from Lanvin to Louboutin, and now, are coming stateside via a pop-up shop at the gallery space in New York's An Earnest Cut & Sew. “This project really came out of mutual respect,” said Scott Morrison, president and designer of Earnest Sewn. “Repetto was attracted to our store concept, and we believe in celebrating iconic brands that stay true to their historical roots.” The store-within-a-store will stock more than 70 styles—the largest range of Repettos available in the US—including limited-run organic canvas flats. The store is only around from September 1 until December 1, so get there while this trend still has legs.

Do they run too small as they say?. I'm US size 10 and just saw the perfect pair at european size 42.. I'm wondering if they'll fit me.. :unsure:

Yes, usually I size up a full size in my Repettos.

^oh.. that means a 42 will still be a little too tight :doh:. and that's their largest size. :wacko:

I don't understand the American sizing!
I am a European 36 and most often that matches a US size 6 - if that is right you should be a European 40.

Don't you have possibility for trying them on somewhere? The sizing can also depend a little on the material. The patent shoes stretch less than the soft leather of course.

The jazz shoes are also made for men, so if you want them, it should be possible to have a 42 :flower:

I'm so frustrated with my Repettos. I bought a pair back in September and could only wear them for two months before the elastic in the back wouldn't stay up on my ankle. My shoe guy couldn't fix them so now they are unwearable. I wrote to the company and hopefully they'll give me some guidance. They were such comfy shoes for those two months!

i really wished that i bought a pair of this before now its kinda off and played out ;/

Haven't posted my latest Repetto purchase in this thread. Here they are :smile:

Attachments

• Billede(1775).jpg
    Billede(1775).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
They are so beautiful Zarina, do you mind me asking where you bought them?

Thanks Les_Sucettes, I bought them in a small shop in a suburb of Copenhagen, called Holte. :smile: They are made of patent leather and grosgrain fabric.

Thank you! They look perfect. I've seen this style before but in flats, never saw them with a heel. Great buy!:D

Thanks a lot, luckyme! I love the old-fashioned dance style :heart:

I'm so frustrated with my Repettos. I bought a pair back in September and could only wear them for two months before the elastic in the back wouldn't stay up on my ankle. My shoe guy couldn't fix them so now they are unwearable. I wrote to the company and hopefully they'll give me some guidance. They were such comfy shoes for those two months!

That does sound frustrating. I always fix the problem of the shoe fitting improperly around the ankle by buying (esp. leather) shoes a size or half a size too small and wearing them around the house to stretch the toe area. I was told I have a "narrow heel" so most shoes I wear tend to slip on the back. I did this with two of my Repetto bb flats and it works perfectly.

That does sound frustrating. I always fix the problem of the shoe fitting improperly around the ankle by buying (esp. leather) shoes a size or half a size too small and wearing them around the house to stretch the toe area. I was told I have a "narrow heel" so most shoes I wear tend to slip on the back. I did this with two of my Repetto bb flats and it works perfectly.

That sounds like a good fix. I thought I had gotten a small enough size, but I guess not. Repettos are really comfortable, so I want to get a replacement pair. I'll just make sure that they're "too small" enough! Thanks for the advice!

Bought this Repetto's, not this ones specifically it was the only photo that I found, But I'm still waiting for them, the only problem is that I bought a 39 it was the biggest one they had left and I'm a 39, but I've been reading for so long in here that I always should choose a size bigger that I'm afraid they will not fit.:cry: But i couldn't resist to try they are so pretty.:blush: I hope i do not have to send them back...

Ebay.fr

Attachments

• 4af8_1.JPG
    4af8_1.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
they''ll fit because they have too...they are so cute!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->