Rights to Use Photographs in Magazines

Koibito

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a question for the right and law of using photo in magazines. If a magazine wants to republish a photo from a different magazine, who do they need to ask for the syndication beside the magazine that owns the photo? The celebrity, photographer or else?

For the article about classical art, do we have to ask for the syndication since we don't really know who to ask? For example, if i write an article about Leonardo Da Vinci or Salvador Dalí and using their works that find on Google, is that legal or not? And if not, how to make it legal?

Thank you and look to hear from you.

I'm not exactly sure but I guess you should attain the license to the images you'd like to use from sites that provide them like Getty, AP Images... or other sites that represent fashion photographers like Art+Commerce, Trunk Archive,...

And if you want to feature works of Da Vinci or Dalí you could look for them on Creative Commons, or Wikipedia for photographs of them that are available to reuse. Check out this one for example File:Mona Lisa, by Leonardo da Vinci, from C2RMF retouched.jpg - Wikimedia Commons, you should find enough information regarding how to use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->