Roots - highlight / bleach upkeep

skittles

Reaction score
hair colour help! roots!!!

hi i dyed my hair a yellowyish blonde a month or two ago and now i want to dye it a more subtle blonde, like ash blonde but i naturally have dark blonde/brown hair and i hav about and inch of roots showin through. If i dye my hair again will the root area be darker than the rest of my hair? is there anyway to combat this problem and get an even coverage all over? and can anyone recomend a good hair dye?? lol thank you!

Go to a hairdresser - they can sort everything our for you and reccomend the right colour.

And they always look sooo much better than home-jobs (as I discovered) - good luck! :flower:

I'm naturally a brunette but on a whim I went a blonde (boxed) and I wasn't satisfied with the color so then I went to the salon and got highlights.

So now my roots are showing which are dark, and I will go back to the salon again, but will they have to do a full weave or a partial weave highlighting? The salon didn't color my hair last time (only highlights) so I'm kind of confused as to how they're going to match my regrowth to my current color and highlights if they only highlighted my hair (which was already colored by me) the first time around. Does this make sense?

if you have naturally darker blonde hair like me(around level 6-7) ask your hairdresser to put an emulsifier ( i think it works like a toner-but it lifts slightly) through your hair so your roots still may be slightly darker but it looks natural as they'll match it to your base, oh and if you get foils or highlights dont get them started at the roots (it looks more natural starting a lil further down
HTH:D:D i've just come back from the hairdresser with a wealth of knowledge after a hair disaster myself! (they fixed my hair with this emulsifier thing!)

I am naturally very dark, and I decided I wanted to be white blonde. If you're a yellow blonde you need to tone your hair to get rid of all the brassiness. If you dye your hair again, you will have a band of different colored blonde and you will ruin the rest of your hair, which will go much lighter. Either you have to lift the roots separately and then tone the hair all at once, or just go to a hairdresser to get it sorted. I ended up with bald patches because I tried to do stuff myself, and I don't think you want that!

I'm naturally a brunette but on a whim I went a blonde (boxed) and I wasn't satisfied with the color so then I went to the salon and got highlights.

So now my roots are showing which are dark, and I will go back to the salon again, but will they have to do a full weave or a partial weave highlighting? The salon didn't color my hair last time (only highlights) so I'm kind of confused as to how they're going to match my regrowth to my current color and highlights if they only highlighted my hair (which was already colored by me) the first time around. Does this make sense?

it depends on the salon. the one i used to go to i ended up hating. i asked for root touch up and full weave highlights. all she did was full weave highlights and left my roots. blonde highlights on darkbrown/black roots ew. i basically looked like i havent been to the salon in a month or two because of how she did it.

the salon i currently go to and love they do root touch up and full weave at the same time, alternating the brushes. the lighter more solid blonde i went then the light root touch up dye she used on me. (roots are supposed to be slightly darker than your highlights to look natural)

as far as full weave or partial, it really depends what you are aiming for as the end result. do you ultimately want more solid/lots of highlights or just a little bit? it really depends. i would say most likely a full weave if you want to change the over all color if you want a different blonde then yes. for example your blonde is too dark/golden and you wanted more ash it would have to be a full weave in order for it to make a big differents, partial wont be enough to give much of a tone change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VogueVoyager
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->