RuPaul’s Drag Race

There's a thread on Drag Race?!?!?!?! Yes, please!

What's the premise? It's similar to Survivor, but with heels. The season starts off w/ 12 queens, and in each episode, each queen has a series of tasks to complete, w/ 1 queen being eliminated at the end of each episode. The highlight of the show, besides the drama (!) is the final task, where the remaining two queens have to "lip-sync for your life", ie: lip-sync & perform a given song, as they would in their respective club act. The winner goes on to the next episode, while the loser has to "sashay away."

This thread was started in 2008 (God, has it really been 4 years?). Now, we're on season 4. Anybody else watching? In my opinion, it really is the only show worth watching on Logo.

TEAM LATRICE!

There's a thread on Drag Race?!?!?!?! Yes, please!

What's the premise? It's similar to Survivor, but with heels. The season starts off w/ 12 queens, and in each episode, each queen has a series of tasks to complete, w/ 1 queen being eliminated at the end of each episode. The highlight of the show, besides the drama (!) is the final task, where the remaining two queens have to "lip-sync for your life", ie: lip-sync & perform a given song, as they would in their respective club act. The winner goes on to the next episode, while the loser has to "sashay away."

This thread was started in 2008 (God, has it really been 4 years?). Now, we're on season 4. Anybody else watching? In my opinion, it really is the only show worth watching on Logo.

TEAM LATRICE!

Best. Show. Ever.
ahhhhhh I've been watching since season one. I'm really rooting for Sharon, Latrice, and Chad. They're all just so f***ing good!
Am I the only one that still till this day feels that Tyra winning season two was just not fair? She clearly shouldn't have won. Jujubee deserved that title.

Oh, I cannot stand Sharon! Yes, I applaud her for doing a look that you normally wouldn't expect from a drag queen (ie: spooky-chic, instead of glamour-girl, pageant-queen or club-kid), but I just don't like her style. Entertaining to watch, yes, but just not my cup of tea. I'm convinced the top 3 will be Latrice, PhiPhi, and the "professional" (Chad). In this season, when they said they were going to bring back a former contestant, all I thought was "Please, not Shangela!!" And thank the Lord almighty that Willam got eliminated!

I disagree re: Jujubee winning. I've seen her multiple times here in Boston. And, trust, her performance skills are really lacking. She really just stands there, poses (if that's what you call posing), and kind of lip-syncs. She wasn't really a performer anyways..just somebody who'd show up at the club in drag. I thought, and still do think, she was good enough to get to where she got on the show, but just not enough to actually win.

I'm completely for Latrice - and love and respect Chad - but a lot of people seem to think that Sharon Needles will be the winner this time.

I love this show. I'm rooting for Chad or Sharon. I really liked William, even if he is a diva. I'm sad he got eliminated. My favorite part of the show is always the lip sync for your life bit.

For some reason I'm not a fan of Latrice, her look is always one note and her make up is never well blended.

I agree about Latrice's make-up. It almost looks like her neck is her natural shade of deep, dark brown ("black"), but the face is significantly lighter.

I have a feeling Chad's going to win. Her make-up, hair and costumes are ALWAYS on point, esp. the First Lady look. And he does make a damn-good Cher.

Does anybody watch Untucked afterwards? Thats always just as entertaining as the actual show...the cat fights crack me up!

Oooh I am glad that this thread exists. I remember watching the first season as it aired, but I forgot about it after. I've actually spent the last week watching seasons 2 & 3 and catching up on 4. I regret nothing. :lol:

I'm terrified that Phi Phi is going to win. I'd honestly be happy with any of the other 3 winning.

Ooooh, I really hope that Phi Phi doesn't win.
I still can't believe that Latrice was eliminated. The ending to last Monday's episode was too emotional for me. :(

I liked Latrice for reasons that go beyond what she looked like - she had experience, dignity and a steady head, which probably don't count for that much, when publicity and ratings sell the show.

But now that it's down to such a small number of people, the attempts to fill the show with drama feel too drawn-out to me, because there aren't enough personalities left. Or maybe I just don't want to watch, as Phi Phi wins...

Why do I have a feeling Sharon Needles will win?

Chad is very good w/ hair/make-up/costumes/performance, but he's already a well-established performer in the first place. Why give the prize to somebody who's already successful anyways? PhiPhi may have a competitive look, but ultimately, she's simply not liked enough to win. It shows on the show, and I really don't know anybody who likes her personality. Sharon, on the other hand, is the complete opposite and a fan favorite, so I definitely think she'll walk away w/ her prize..and bring home a cruise for Alaska.

I really do like Latrice's personality and she is so funny. I wish Phi Phi had gone home. I don't mind if Sharon wins. Although am I the only one that feels this season did not have as much memorable queens as they usually do?

On a side note, in the DILF episode, Robin Mansions, was my favorite name. :lol:

Yeah, I definitely think it's their weakest cast. I mean, who could top RAJA from last season?

What was the point of that episode? We didn't find anything out at all, we're still left waiting.

W Mag/Nov '11..Ph: Steven Meisel

Season 3 contestant Carmen Carrera in a fictional perfume ad.
W Mag/Nov '11. Ph: Steven Meisel.
Yeah, I'd NEVER be able to tell it's really a man.
(source: newnownext.com)
101811_carmen_carrera_2.jpg

Sharon Needles/Willam (season 4)

6944159422e9b9ca6867o.jpg

(source: tFS user heelscatchfire in Andrej Pejic's thread, via mensmodeltalk)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->