Russian Street Style

When I was in russia i loved the way the russians dressed in that they weren't as obsessed with fitting in as people are in england and this allows them to develop their own unique style. Furthermore there werent many shops that were in the avarage peoples income braket (our equivalent of h&m) and i think this forces them to reinvent styles and for example wear the same top differently by customising etc.
Clothes for sure need to be cheaper over there!

70660528qe0.jpg
13018433aj3.jpg

62346600qf4.jpg
64719898st2.jpg

49727320qj2.jpg

models

i love this thread! i have read from a girl who went to live to Moscu, that russian woman dress very well, so i now feel very curious.
she also said that brands were very importante is this true???

Last edited by a moderator:
^^yes they do generally dress very well, some exceptions of course, like anywhere. I heavnt been in mosco but i have been in in st petersburg and there it seemed to me that brands there are very important to most people who can just about afford to buy them and even to those who can't. They tend like their guggis and versacis there. So i imagine that in mosco they do even more so

I live in Moscow. I can say that most of all russians love bright and designers clothes. Yes. Russian glam girls love D&G, Versace, Cavalli and etc. But now I think growing up generation of people who don't care of lables. They can wear Prada with unknown russian designer or Zara dress with vintage grandma bag. And of course, I talk only about people who can afford themselves to buy clothes in shops. Yes.A lot of people buy clothes in Russia not in shops but in huge open-air markets where you can find only ugly cheap Turkish or Chinese clothes. It depends on low level of life. A lot of people live poorly.
Moscow is a city with huge amount of wealthy people. They have time and money for creating their style.But crowd in Moscow not so stylish like in Paris.
Russian women are not so creative as French. It links with Soviet Union past...
But me, my friends try to break this stereotype:P

Foung this thread and was watching with big attention. Cant wait to asnwer. About the way people wear in Europe and USA and the difference between slovenian people. Most of teenagers take all fashion from popular trends etc. I really dont know who are right : americans who go out in dirty clothes dont care who will think something bad or russians who wear all golden rings they have in jewerly-box))) may be better to dont care about people around and live in way is more comfortable for you, to free your mind and be a pig...down and down...first dont care how you look, then dont care what people think, then do all what you want and then? Where is the education? Where is respect to yourself? Its it nice to look im mirror and see all neat person and be proud its you? Here is person will wear dirty jeans or PJs to bring the son in school - your friends whom you will meet (100% if you will wear bad, and 100% will not meet if wear perfect))) will say later that maybe you have all unsuccessfully in your life cause you even dont want to take care of yourself. Same time maybe some of russian people "break the stick" - i mean they are wearing all trended clothes, full of svarovsky, bright colors, always make-up, high heels and skinny shape of clothing. Anyway some are able to mix clothes in very good way. This is why russian women are famous all around the world as the most beautiful. They know how to look femminine, isnt it important? You can easily meet "second Pam Anderson" in the center of Moscow and even somewhere in small town in Ural mountains.

Ooh, I :heart: so many of these looks here!!

I definitely have to go back and look through these pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"