S/S 2007 Ad Campaigns (please read post #1 before posting)

Emiiiiiiiiina! :buzz:

Emina Cunmulaj has just shot campaigns for Bottega Veneta and Jean-Paul Gaultier.

However we are working with an incredible new Irish model, Kiera Gormley. Kiera is in this month’s British Vogue and has just shot the Burberry campaign with Mario Testino.
[models.com]

EMINA FOR JPG! It's freakin' about TIME! :buzz: :buzz: She has been THE potential face for it for so long...

Yay, great for Emina, I have always thought that she was really under-utilised in campaigns so it's good to see her doing well this time around, plus she is so right for JPG.

Georgia Frost has also shot for Burberry, hasn't she? I can see her look working well with Kiera Gormley's.

I'm beyond pleased for Emina. She surely deserves this more than anyone.

Karen Elson for YSL is absolutely perfect :crush:. I just don' t like the idea of Mert&Marcus shooting this campaign but we'll see.

julesrules815 said:
Worst. News. Ever.

Lohan to Star in Miu Miu Ad Campaign
Talks may have fallen through to make Lindsay Lohan the face of Louis Vuitton earlier this year, but it looks like the starlet has a second shot at the ad campaign stakes.

Miu Miu has tapped the teen queen as the face of its spring 2007 ad campaign. A Prada spokesman confirmed Lohan is shooting the campaign in London over the weekend. Separately, WWD has learned Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott are the photographers.

The move sees Miu Miu mixing it up on the image front once again. For fall 2006, Chinese actresses Dong Jie and Zhou Xun and Japanese model Lina Ohta fronted the brand, while in the past celebrity faces have included Kim Basinger, Camilla Belle, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore and Chloe Sevigny.

from wwd
Oh. My. God. Miuccia - explain, please!? :shock:
Lindsay's going to skank up Miu Miu, lovely...

style_expert said:
but Mert & Marcus instead of Juergen Teller :ninja: have they lost their mind at YSL?

Yes :ninja:

The old Juergen and Karen for YSL ads are classic... replacing Juergen is like messing with a perfect formula...

Good for Emina. Not my favorite model, but she's got the right look for Gaultier.

And M&M are getting way too much clients! Most ads are gonna be so boring, unless they handle it well.

I like the idea of Jean Paul Gaultier and Emina, but not Bottega Veneta. Inguna was so good for that campaign.

GUYS!!!!! Good news - Freja Beha is the new Chanel girl!!!!! After lots of speculation, I'm almost positive that she is shooting Chanel (or already shot it) in Miami with Karl Lagerfeld.

I was listening to James Kaliardos (make-up artist for Chanel shows) interviewing Freja Beha on a V podcast thing and around the 1:55 minute mark, you can hear Karl talking. This is the biggest clue as to her being the new Chanel girl! I mean, we already know that it can't be for Fendi so unless its for Karl Lagerfelds own line...

What do you guys think? Am I manifesting idealist campaigns?!!! lol Does Karl usually do photoshoots for non-campaign things? Is Kaliardos always the make-up artist for Chanel campaigns?

LINK to V site (for audio download of Freja interview:(
http://vmagazine.com/blog.php?m=112006

kevinnn said:
I like the idea of Jean Paul Gaultier and Emina, but not Bottega Veneta. Inguna was so good for that campaign.

Hope I don't get totally bashed for saying this, but I really liked Lydia Hearst doing that campaign (Bottega) :ninja:

Freja doesn´t suit Chanel. At all. I think Stam will be the new Chanel girl. Don´t ask me why.

Oh, and they better get Marina for some interesting campaign after last season´s painful snub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->