Schizophrenic Style

Originally posted by Sexed up@Aug 24 2004, 11:59 PM
I do understand that you can't be politically correct all the time, but the idea of reading about "schozophrenic" style or schizochic as you mean it in a magazine, does not make me smile... Quite the opposite, actually.
So go on, have your fun and I'll hope for the sanity of magazine editors, who with any luck and education, won't allow this unfortunate terminology to spread.
And Softgrey has it ever occured to you that even smart people make stupid mistakes? I couldn't care less of Prince's rep on this forum, considering that he's working pretty hard on maintaining it... :rolleyes:
And Prince, you continue to demonstrate lack of abstract thinking! I couldn't care less what your IQ score is! I'm almost proud that I'm the first one here to doubt your intelligence! :P Talk about fresh perspective...
[snapback]344405[/snapback]​

I figured it out, Sexed_up = Softee (remember Softee the troll?). Go away troll, you are obviously here to offend. You have 8 posts, and you've offended people already, take your miserable self somewhere else. Cheers!

Sorry Lena, but I can't be with you on that one.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 25 2004, 09:52 AM
I figured it out, Sexed_up = Softee (remember Softee the troll?).  Go away troll, you are obviously here to offend.  You have 8 posts, and you've offended people already, take your miserable self somewhere else.  Cheers!

Sorry Lena, but I can't be with you on that one.
[snapback]344803[/snapback]​

:lol:
Ahh.... Faust and how did I offend you, darling? By saying that I don't like the books you're reading? Sensitive, are we?
"Go away troll"? Is that the best you can do? How adorable! :meow:
Don't feel threatened, I'll ignore you half of the times... :ninja: Perhaps, you could do the same... Is that a deal? :lol:
If you ask me, there aren't enough people on this forum as it is, so I think I'll stay...
Plus, I don't think I came to your house, for you to let me go so "graciously"... So pace yourself! This is a public forum! :hardhead:
Cheerio!

P.S. Lena, you try to be nice, but see what happens?! :ermm:

now, please guys, dont act like kids

peace and respect x x x

Originally posted by Sexed up@Aug 24 2004, 11:59 PM
And Softgrey has it ever occured to you that even smart people make stupid mistakes?
[snapback]344405[/snapback]​

well apparently you just did.....but i'll give you the benfit of the doubt and accept your apology as someone who you did indeed offend... and willfully so, i might add...

but life's too short so ...bygones...as they say...

faust-softee may indeed be back...but there are always angry people...use your buddhist values...remember-you taught me...

ignoring the troll usually works best...they get bored if there is no one to fight with since they feed off anger..they're the ones who lose...going through life full of anger and hate... :innocent: :wink:

i think i have three styles that are in heavy rotation right now...

bohemian gypsy-late 70's YSL...righ colours,purple/burgundy/orange/rust, suede, tassles, fringe,gold/brass hardware, boots...culottes,full skirts, paisley print, chiffon

urban warrior-androgynous...ann demeulemeester, cdg, motorcycle boots, straps hanging, leather, black/white/olive/grey...cropped cargos...more for winter

pirate-ruffled minis, vests, flat sandals, leather cuffs, raw edges, ruffled shirts, los belts, cropped pants-marni

for fall though i'm starting to feel something else-there is a story in sept vogue called about a boy...i cannot tell you how much i relate to that story...all the vests and ties and scarves and tweed trousers-KNICKERS!!! with boots...oh lord...i'm going to have to buy a whole new set of clothes now for that look...

it doesn't seem to end...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 25 2004, 12:38 PM
well apparently you just did.....but i'll give you the benfit of the doubt and accept your apology as someone who you did indeed offend... and willfully so, i might add...

but life's too short so ...bygones...as they say...

faust-softee may indeed be back...but there are always angry people...use your buddhist values...remember-you taught me...

ignoring the troll usually works best...they get bored if there is no one to fight with since they feed off anger..they're the ones who lose...going through life full of anger and hate... :innocent: :wink:
[snapback]344934[/snapback]​

agreed. ignore the troll.

i used to be like that but i flutter between classic and boho but usually a mixture of both. I wear loads of classic pieces as a base then team them with boho accesories-griecan/roman belts, leather bags, uggs, gilet, slouch boots, cowboy boots, thong sandals, etc. It works for me.

Wow! Thanks! You're very kind...

And you still got a lot to learn... and those who CAN'T - teach, indeed!

Halleluiah!
What have you girls got to do? You can't prove that i am either a troll or a Softee, so you'd better shut up! :P Smart choice! I'll give you that...

And softgrey... regarding your favourite styles of clothing I only got one thing to say... -- :shock:
pirate - urban warrior - gypsy... this does sound schizophrenic... :wacko:

ok, last time: personal attacks will not be tolerated :hardhead:

all 'off topic' posts will get edited, bickering is so ruining this topic :order: :order:

For fall I'm feeling like adding some tailored dandy inspired pieces to my wardrobe. Of course I'll mix them up with my jeans and tees and stuff to make it youthful, but I'm feeling a bit more mature and elegant with my style lately.

And I know what you mean grey, just when you think you've pin-pointed your style you see or feel something new and just have to add it into the mix.

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 26 2004, 10:03 AM
For fall I'm feeling like adding some tailored dandy inspired pieces to my wardrobe. Of course I'll mix them up with my jeans and tees and stuff to make it youthful, but I'm feeling a bit more mature and elegant with my style lately.

And I know what you mean grey, just when you think you've pin-pointed your style you see or feel something new and just have to add it into the mix.
[snapback]345958[/snapback]​

Wonderful idea, Spike. :flower:

exactly...you described it perrfectly spike...

maybe i should re-organize my closet by style instead of by separates?...what do you guys think?...

with a sepearate area for basics that go across the board...i think it would be easier to get dressed that way...

hmmm....

Originally posted by faust+Aug 26 2004, 10:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Aug 26 2004, 10:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wonderful idea, Spike. :flower:
[snapback]345960[/snapback]​
[/b]

Why thank you sir :flower:

<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Aug 26 2004, 10:06 AM
exactly...you described it perrfectly spike...

maybe i should re-organize my closet by style instead of by separates?...what do you guys think?...

with a sepearate area for basics that go across the board...i think it would be easier to get dressed that way...

hmmm....
[snapback]345963[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That actually sounds like a really good idea.

I definitely agree with you as well Spike. For fall I am thinking very "dandy" but with a dirty edge. (think of the chimney sweeps in the Galliano mens show) I have issues with things looking too clean and matchy. I will be wearing rich colours and textures, but will probably have a lot of frayed edges in there somehow.

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 26 2004, 11:39 AM
Why thank you sir :flower:
[snapback]346077[/snapback]​

By the way, if you have the dough I would definitely suggest checking out McQueen's collection. It is very well tailored, and should be sort of a collector's item (being a first men's collection after a break).

Oh I know, I wish I could afford some of the McQueen pieces. There was actually an edit and article about his men's line in the new GQ.

dude..i wish I could afford some of the men's pieces...goes beautifully with my bohemian/gypsy thing... :heart:

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 26 2004, 12:13 PM
Oh I know, I wish I could afford some of the McQueen pieces. There was actually an edit and article about his men's line in the new GQ.
[snapback]346112[/snapback]​

Really? Which issue? I haven't looked at US GQ in years. Maybe I'll take a pick just to compare what they show against what's in stores.

I gotta say SG, I love it when women have a variaty of styles to fit their mood. It really is one of my favorite things about women that dig fashion and dressing.
ALways loved when my girlfriends did that! Viva le Schizochic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->