Shoes: Yay or Nay? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one pair of Pedro Garcia shoes to another, PinkPrincess113 is back with another pair of Pedro Garcia shoes (Post #57). Only two aspects determine whether or not to get get these- the material and that kind of velcro strap at the back. My first inclination is to automatically nay open-toe boots. I'm going to Nay! these shoes. It's the overall look and design of those shoes that is a deterrent. That's mostly for the suede design and perhaps the velcro strap at the back. Now do I hate these because they're open-toe boots? That was a trick question. I don't hate those specific boots. I'm more like, "they could be better." Paint a picture for you- those shoes all in leather with a leather belt buckle at the back of these shoes, and I'd actually like it more.

So I am nay'ing those shoes mostly because of its design, not because I'm so opposed to open-toe boots. They could have been designed much better as to where I'd love them and recommend them. If you fancy open-toe boots, look for another low pair of booties with a slingback heel and the peep-toe design. I just don't really like those open-toe boots purely on design alone. So keep shopping around for something lovelier.

^Haha John, was def a trick question for you!!!! Knew you loved suede but was somewhat opposed to open-toes!!!:lol:

^ maybe look at Frye's new version of these-leather not suede, though.
(Unless you were just looking for John's rxn & not seriously considering...) :-)

yay to the pedro garcia's :flower:
my cousin actually has the same pair and they look great in person ^_^
very sexy...

Pinkprincess, yay from me. I've seen them on a foots and they look good on. Nothing wrong with suede and peeptoe.

PinkPrincess, yay!
nicesthing, yay to carvela shoesies, nay to the lotus pair

the infamous Gareth Pugh shoes...

*please do not quote pics*

(hapsical.blogspot.com)
I have a feeling I'll look like a total moron with these :ninja:
maybe with your opinions I'll change my mind before it's too late
yay! yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
New_front_E3JV221517382.JPG

scarpa-shoes.dk

I love these, but I wish the heel was a bit higher. What do you think?

nicest- nay
zarina -big YAY!!! they would look so gorgeous with floral dress

Zarina, they are pretty cool. I agree, I'd like them with something feminine too.

This sounds more like "Yay or Nay, and Which?" for Post #68 and just a regular "Yay or Nay?" for Post #73. Time to weigh in.

The Carvela Women's Alexa shoe seems like a marriage of mary jane and oxford with a blocky, chunky heel. It's alright to me. I'm going to (slightly) Yay! those. I'd probably look for something a bit better and a bit more stylish than this. But if you're happy you're looking for this shoe, go right ahead. The "Beatrice" shoe from Lotus only gets a Nay! from me. I'd like this better if it were a pump with that crisscross design. But this is more like a cutout ankle boot, so I don't like this as much. If I had to choose, I'd go with the "Alexa" shoes out of those two.

Now on to Post #73 and the boots posted by Zarina. Stylish and cute are usually my two aspects for shoes (much different when talking homme shoes). In a crazy sort of way, I don't know why I'm thinking of pairing these with a nice short or mid-length sundress. Maybe just that sundress + boots combination inspired by Taylor Swift. But, never count out a simple pair of straight-leg jeans or some kind of bootcut/flare design. Either way, you got some Yay!-worthy boots. Not really cute, not stylish, but a pretty cool pair of boots.

Yay Alexa shoes, nay Beatrice shoes, and yay ankle boots! Dress with confidence!

Thanks everyone for the answers! Do you think they would look better in black? (I don't have a pic of the black ones, sorry).

Thanks for your opinion! I think I'm going to wait and try to get a pair of shoes I really like instead of buying something I'm not really sure about.

Thanks everyone for the answers! Do you think they would look better in black? (I don't have a pic of the black ones, sorry).

black is always safer choice but i really like the creamy brown that you posted:flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->