Sneaker Wedges

myown

Reaction score
what do you think of this trend?

first i really hated them, because they reminded me of these convers with heel from some year ago. but the more i see these sneakers the more i like them.
i am now looking for nice once (that i can afford), saw the ones at H&M.com but didnt liked them too much...

4.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

BBIsabelMarantSneakerWedgesHM.jpg

cheap-thrill.jpg

http://www.net-a-porter.com/ ALTAMIRANYC / Asos / dailymail.co.uk / .refinery29.com / H&M.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marant ones are ALL OVER the place

Still not a fan.. though they might do a stockholm syndrome on me thanks to being everywhere

Just like saann, I'm not into them. I don't find them offensive and some are even quite cute, but let's just say that so far, I'm not looking into buying a pair... :ermm:

i know i will start to hate this when i see all the kids on the road wearing these kind of shoes

I feel like editorials have already killed this trend to death, not to mention the fact that they're available everywhere fast fashion'd shoes are sold... wedges are the rage. It'll only be a few months before every girl in Manhattan has their clunky wedged sneakers, styled with a sporty top knot a la Sporty Spice.

I think the ones where the wedges are not so obvious look better, but even then I think sneakers should stay sneakers without the whole additional wedge heel. Glamorising sportwear is definitely the idea here.
It's like trying to look 'sporty' but obviously you're not going to be doing much sport in them, because it's just not practical to do so! Unless you want to increase the risk of rolling your ankle by balancing on the balls of your feet whilst trying to get some exercise in.

I have many pairs of Ash flat sneakers and am slowly falling for the wedge ones. Id wear them like the model up in the first post.

I'll never forget that pair of mint green sneaker wedges I bought in New York when I was 11 years old (in '97 :ninja:) because the shop assistant told me they were going to be next big trend. I thought I was going to come back home and would be super cool for rocking the newest trend before everyone else but truth was the shoes were so ugly I never wore them even once :lol: (But I'm sure my mom has kept them as a souvenir and still has them,lol) I don't see myself ever warming up to this trend. I find the Isabel Marant ones just vile. The Chloé and the Ash ones are slightly less offensive but I still don't see those shoes being flattering on anyone. And they don't seem to be very versatile, I only ever see people wearing them with leggings.

I'll never forget that pair of mint green sneaker wedges I bought in New York when I was 11 years old (in '97 :ninja:) because the shop assistant told me they were going to be next big trend. I thought I was going to come back home and would be super cool for rocking the newest trend before everyone else but truth was the shoes were so ugly I never wore them even once :lol: (But I'm sure my mom has kept them as a souvenir and still has them,lol) I don't see myself ever warming up to this trend. I find the Isabel Marant ones just vile. The Chloé and the Ash ones are slightly less offensive but I still don't see those shoes being flattering on anyone. And they don't seem to be very versatile, I only ever see people wearing them with leggings.

:P

For me it's a NO, too. I recently bought a pair of sneakers but flat ones. I mean, aren't sneaker about being comfortable for outdoor walking, playgrounds etc? If you want to wear a heeled shoe then there are definitely more flattering choices than a sneaker with a wedge?! :blink: I think they have the typical look of something that we will look back at in the future and scratch our heads thinking how on earth did this ever become a trend?!

maybe wearing them if you want to look casual but you love heels?

I'll never forget that pair of mint green sneaker wedges I bought in New York when I was 11 years old (in '97 :ninja:)

Ha ha ha. Oh, maybe that's my issue as well. :lol:

(Let's now stroll down memory lane...)

Oh yeahhhh. I had a pair of b/w Converse wedges that I talked my Mom into buying for me when I was 10 or so. I thought they were so cool. They were limited edition and I knew no one else at school would have a pair (and well, no one wanted them!) They were about a 1/2 size too big and the one day I wore them to school I nearly twisted my ankle! That was the end of that.

So while I like it in theory, the whole heel that is a comfortable as a sneaker thing, they somehow just don't look right to me. :blink:

Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 2012

da62d708_41cc_4bb8_9898_2a75222b3118.jpg

marcjacobs.com

I find these exceptionally ugly :innocent:

Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 2012

**don't quote pictures
marcjacobs.com

I find these exceptionally ugly :innocent:

Ouch, I saw them too and thought: now that's as bad as it can get. :o

Jeffrey Campbell's at it again...
JeffreyCampbell-Triomo-BlackWhite_325.jpg

JeffreyCampbell-Naploes-RedWhite_1_lg.jpg

Credit: Footnotesonline

On second thought, sneaker wedges are completely growing on me. Maybe it's because they're in every editorial... dunno, but I love the chunky shoe silhouette ala the 1980s. I'm gonna find a pair of Marants!That's a promise.

haha I think I got the stockholm syndrome, I didn't like them when my best friend got some 5 years ago, didn't like them at first when I saw them on kate bosworth, but now I'm just dying to find some inexpensive ones!

Megan Fox is wearing them, too

megan-fox-brian-austin-green-lunch-studio-city-04.JPG

justjared.buzznet

there are everywhere now. even zara has them now.

1752201011_1_1_3.jpg
5700101040_1_1_3.jpg
7700101040_1_1_3.jpg
2105201107_1_1_3.jpg
3775201202_1_1_3.jpg
3774201001_1_1_3.jpg

zara.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member