Stella Mccartney-

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
STELLA'S NEW MAN

GUCCI GROUP announced today that it had appointed Marco Bizzarri as the new chief executive of Stella McCartney. The 42-year-old father-of-three worked for the Mandarina Duck group between 1993 and 2004, most recently as general manager. He will now work with Stella, who is expecting her first baby in the spring, to grow her label into a strong global brand. "I immediately warmed to Marco's personality and his sensitivity to the demands of building value for a fast-growing brand," Stella said today. "Marco is going to be a great business partner for me and a visionary and entrepreneurial leader to take the brand to the next level." The announcement should put pay to rumours that McCartney's label, which already generates over £20 million in worldwide revenues, is struggling financially. "Marco Bizzarri brings a wealth of entrepreneurial, strategic and operational talent together with a tremendous amount of energy," said Gucci Group ceo Robert Polet, who took over from Domenico de Sole in April. "I am delighted that Marco is joining our Griup and the Stella McCartney business. This brand has a totally credible business model and a promising future. I am totally confident that it will continue to go from strength to strength." (November 23 2004, PM)

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 24 2004, 09:05 PM
All the brand needs now is a new designer... :innocent:
[snapback]439048[/snapback]​
Exactly...

well lots of things shaking up at stella...a new ceo and a new collaborative line with adidas....i wonder how this year will fare for her? :unsure:

to be honest...she really bugs me and her shows do nothing for me...but on a recent trip to london...i was able to see the collection at retail...she is quite popular over there so the store stocked a large selection...and in all honesty...i quite liked it...before i knew it was her...and then was very surprised to see her name on the label... there is definitely a chloe rewsemblance, but maybe a bit more tomboy-ish...which is ok with me...

and then there was an editorial in W styled by alex white featuring daria and my fave pic was of a stella outfit...so, maybe there is hope after all... :innocent: :wink:

maybe I am too soft but I feel a bit sorry for her - I think her designs are ok (she has some really good & really bad - she is completely inconsistent). I think its asy to bash her because of who she is & who her friends are etc but some of her clothes are nice.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Nov 25 2004, 12:24 PM
well lots of things shaking up at stella...a new ceo and a new collaborative line with adidas....i wonder how this year will fare for her? :unsure:
[snapback]439528[/snapback]​

With a big financial loss? As usual?

There's no identitiy - therefore no reason for anyone to buy anything

Does anybody as well,see a certain resemblance in her style to that of Isabel Marant?

I'm not going to bash her design talents,as its obvious she has good points. What I cannot stand is this media hype machine often deeming her as some innovator or something along those lines...when in fact,it has more to do with being the "daughter-of". I think,for her level of technique,the praise is completely unnecessary. Her work isn't strong or compelling....its easy...almost street fashion-y. Kind of like Isabel,actually.

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 25 2004, 11:52 PM
Does anybody as well,see a certain resemblance in her style to that of Isabel Marant?

I'm not going to bash her design talents,as its obvious she has good points. What I cannot stand is this media hype machine often deeming her as some innovator or something along those lines...when in fact,it has more to do with being the "daughter-of". I think,for her level of technique,the praise is completely unnecessary. Her work isn't strong or compelling....its easy...almost street fashion-y. Kind of like Isabel,actually.
[snapback]440115[/snapback]​

To be honest, I am not really familiar with Isabel's work but I do agree with your assessment of Stella's work as being street fashion-y. Imo, she takes high-street level clothing and puts high-end RTW prices on it.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 24 2004, 10:05 PM
All the brand needs now is a new designer... :innocent:
[snapback]439048[/snapback]​

I couldn't agree more.
Her collections all look the same and aren't particularly flattering or interesting IMHO.
I don't know what happened when she left chloe :(

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 26 2004, 12:52 AM

its funny you say that about isabel marant - i tried on a LOT of IM stuff in Paris in March this year & it was very much like Stella. Bat wing jerseys, loose drapy tops & sweatshirts all to be worn with tight bottom half's. It was all very wearable.

i must be the only one that thinks that she is quite talented but unfortunate to be the daughter of a wealthy and famous singer which is what people use to judge her>>

i do :heart: a few things of the stella collection and bought my first stella jacket 2 days ago (half the price, now 500 euros, yippee! :wink: ) and may i say: it looks "stellaboulous".

i definitely will keep my eyes on her.

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 25 2004, 09:52 PM

yes I see what you mean, the style is kind of similare, Isabel is better IMO.

I don't think stella is so bad, she is just very hyped and for being such a hyped company she is not makeing sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->