The 100 Movie Challenge (2012)

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
To coincide with the 50 Book Challenge for 2012 i thought it'd be a great idea to do a movie challenge, i do have some ideas on movies I'm interested in watching that i haven't watched just yet but first i would like to hear everyone else's suggestions on other interesting titles they'd like to watch or have watched and think they'd make a great suggestion for us.

I'm definitely in! I watch like 100 movies every year xD
I want to watch some of the movies that are nominated for the Oscars like The Descendants, Hugo, Midnight In Paris etc.
I recently watched The Help. I really liked it! :smile:
I also watched the new version of Wuthering Heights last week. It wasn't worthy of the book in my opinion.

^ I think movies nominated is a good start. I haven't seen many. I did see Hugo and it was very good, I love it. The music and art direction was amazing.

there's a 365 movie challenge in tumblr, that one is pretty hardcore.

Count me in! Now I know this is a challenge that I can end up completing. I know I watch more then 50 films a year. Also, I was wondering if a mini-series count? Sometimes they are categorized as films and sometimes as tv shows.

365 day movie challenge... now that IS hardcore! my god!

Yeah, we could count a series as one, say it was like Saw that has 6 or 7 in its series, that wouldn't be THAT ridiculous to do.

Just a couple so far :

The Pianist

Drive (Released on DVD 30th of January)

To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar - (It's really old from the 90's and a comedy)

My Week With Marilyn

Batman : Dark Knight Rises (Released in Cinemas 20th of July 2012)

Saturday Night Fever - (This is one of my favorite films, ever, and i think its one of those films everyone has to see in their life time)

Last year I've seen 287 new-to-me films, this year 53 so far.

Maybe we can specify to categories/lists like in icheckmovies?
*promised myself I'd pay more attention to Asian cinema (with my current count only 8 were Asians, obviously failing miserably I should be ashamed of myself)... Maybe it'll movitate me more :innocent:

I'm totally in! I'm such a movieholic! I've watched about 20 films this year. I'd like to pay more attention to awarded and nominated movies this year, especially those which have got GGs and Oscars or were nominated to those. I came up with the idea after watching Silence of the Lambs and Winter's Bone few weeks ago.

I'm in! :lol:

Can we choose what movies we want to count? because I find Pride and Prejudice on TV almost twice a week, and watch it :ninja:, I wouldn't want to count that!.. :lol:

^Yeah, i think that might be a good idea.

I think if we all nominate afew movies within the next week or so whilst others join in on the challenge, might be a good idea and then we take a vote on the first movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone should freely pick their movies, because most likely everyone here has a different taste and the amount of movies you want to count should stay within the person's judment. Like the book challenge, we could give reviews and recommend movies :flower:

I've seen 17 movies so far and I would like them to count.

^Sounds like a better idea... :flower:.

Well my first movie is going to be : The Pianist.

I'm in! I'm going to aim for 100 because I think that is a more realistic goal for me...

01: Back To The Future II
02: The Hangover Part II
03: Poltergeist
04: Sex And The City
05: Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows
06: The Muppets

This is awesome. I love movies and watch so many every year! I'm in! :D

01. Letters to Juliet

1. Shanghai Express
2. Contagion
3. Into the Wild
4. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
5. Judgment at Nuremberg
6. A Separation
7. Notorious
8. The Breakfast's Club
9. Pulp Fiction
10. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
11. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
12. The Artist
13. The Descendants
14. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
15. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

:lol: Oh I love this challenge, much easier for me than books (I always start books and forget about them). I've been keeping lists of the movies I've seen for a few years now, and so far this is my 2011 list:

1. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
2. The Descendants (2011)*
3. The Guard (2011)
4. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011)
5. Warrior (2011)
6. Antz (1998)
7. Nightmare Alley (1947)
8. The Last of Sheila (1973)
9. Waterloo Bridge (1931)
10. Victim (1961)
11. Zero for Conduct (1933)
12. Diva (1981)
13. American Grindhouse (2010)
14. American Movie (1999)
15. The American Friend (1977)
16. To Be or Not To Be (1942)
17. Paths of Glory (1957)
18. Shadows (1959)
19. The Party (1968)

*seen in a movie theatre

Also does anybody have an account on iCheckMovies? It's a fun way to keep track of movies and get ideas for whatever to watch next. So, it could be a helpful site for people who might find this challenge difficult.

Can we choose what movies we want to count? because I find Pride and Prejudice on TV almost twice a week, and watch it :ninja:, I wouldn't want to count that!.. :lol:

What about movies we're seeing for the first time, or ones we haven't seen in a loooong time?

Oh! this is a great idea. :heart: much easier for me than the 50 book challenge...though i really need to work on that too!. :innocent:

Do we review them as well, or just list them?....and are we listing them as we see them, or as we decide what we plan/want to watch?..:flower:

so far I've seen (that I remember)...

01. my week with marilyn
02. hugo
03. tree of life
04. carnage
05. bridge on the river kwai

i really want to see A Better Life, In Darkness, Albert Nobbs, and In The Land of Blood and Honey. :heart:

Well well, at this rate, Karen and Blueorchid will be quitting this thread by mid February. :rofl:

I'm toying with the idea of making it a hundred myself. Or perhaps I should move on to that once I actually watch my 50th film!.

I watched several movies in a row around January 1-3 but can only remember two, it's so weird, they must've been so good. :lol:

1. Taken (US/France/UK 2008)
2. Arráncame la vida (Mexico 2008)
3. Submarino (Denmark/Sweden 2008)
4. Head in the Clouds (UK/Canada 2004)
5. One Day (US/UK 2011)
6. The Young Victoria
(US/UK 2009)
7. The Ides of March (US 2011)
8. A Better Life (US 2011)

Keeping track of countries to pressure myself into watching more diverse cinema (hard to accomplish with such limited distribution but still worth an effort :ninja:)

Nice to see you here, adorefaith! :heart:

Shall we up it to 100 movies then, seeing as everyone, including myself, get through so many ? i think we should!

I've just ordered the first few movies i want to watch.

I think it would be great if we review them in the thread, plus then it gives others ideas on what to watch next...

I'm really loving everyones input into the thread :heart:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"