The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

I currently have three bags :smile: a 14'' leather satchel, a 11'' leather satchel :lol: and I recently bought a Rebecca Minkoff crossbody Regan for when I feel like using a small bag that is not as structured as the smaller satchel. I also own a backpack that was really cheap and was bought out of need.

Thank you for all of your input regarding the bag thing - won't be leaving my keys at home though :wink: the idea of keeping things in small leather pouches to make it easier to move them around seems good though. I think I'll put of making any decissions until I've started my new job.

@Eizhowa: I aggree with you concerning the jute/straw bag thing. I love my Cult Gaia bag, but for me it is definetely something I wear for Summer with lighter clothes (both in terms of colour and texture) - I don't think it look as good with black and heavy winter clothes.

I have 3 bags: Le Tanneur Adorable handbag, Nat & Nin burgundy bag, and Mango sling bag.

I wore Le Tanneur and Nat & Nin bag to office and carried extra bag to stuff my laptop and jacket.

I am thinking of buying Leo & Violette Elegant bag in Noir (Strathberry is too expensive given the current currency) for now and hopefully Danse Lente or Lanxn bag in the near future.

Quick question: did you find marks on your strap joint? I noticed that my Le Tanneur bag is having quite visible marks (not only scratches, but marks where the color is faded). I carried my bag on the shoulder (with detachable shoulder strap) and stuffed plenty of items on it, quite heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, forgot to add this, a Zara plexiglass (?) clutch in glitter gold and black.

I have 3 bags: Le Tanneur Adorable handbag, Nat & Nin burgundy bag, and Mango sling bag.

I wore Le Tanneur and Nat & Nin bag to office and carried extra bag to stuff my laptop and jacket.

I am thinking of buying Leo & Violette Elegant bag in Noir (Strathberry is too expensive given the current currency) for now and hopefully Danse Lente or Lanxn bag in the near future.

Quick question: did you find marks on your strap joint? I noticed that my Le Tanneur bag is having quite visible marks (not only scratches, but marks where the color is faded). I carried my bag on the shoulder (with detachable shoulder strap) and stuffed plenty of items on it, quite heavy.

What kind of marks?

Guys, I am craving something colorfull...

I do of course realize that this must mean I am mortally ill and have lost my mind.

Please think fondly of me when I am gone, and try to forget that I ever wanted something colorful.

^ Hmm, I'm thinking a 'colorful' scarf for these moments. Now tell us what you mean by colorful ... drab green perhaps, or a brighter shade of grey? :wink:

I came back from my business trip with 4 pieces, including two pairs of dress pants and a pair of jeans, needing to visit the cleaners. I think having to eat all of my meals dressed up took its toll!

I'm thinking of a pair of Celine dress pants, since I saw several pair in an editorial, but I have no idea of the fit. There is a boutique here I believe ... ah, and it's right near my cobbler, where I need to pick up my shoes. I am thinking of possibly cutting back to one piece per season now that I'll be WFH full time with the occasional business trip ... :angel: :ermm:

^ Hmm, I'm thinking a 'colorful' scarf for these moments. Now tell us what you mean by colorful ... drab green perhaps, or a brighter shade of grey? :wink:

I came back from my business trip with 4 pieces, including two pairs of dress pants and a pair of jeans, needing to visit the cleaners. I think having to eat all of my meals dressed up took its toll!

I'm thinking of a pair of Celine dress pants, since I saw several pair in an editorial, but I have no idea of the fit. There is a boutique here I believe ... ah, and it's right near my cobbler, where I need to pick up my shoes. I am thinking of possibly cutting back to one piece per season now that I'll be WFH full time with the occasional business trip ... :angel: :ermm:

:lol:

I too am very curious about this colorful item.

I saw my brother last weekend, who commented on how nice it was to see me wearing something colorful (I was wearing a bright green floral dress with a red sweater). My wardrobe is definetely a lot more colorful than a few years ago.

These days I am really sensing how much lifestyle changes can affect wardrobe needs. For the past year or maybe two I have felt like my wardrobe was "complete", but my circumstances has just changed so much this year and will keep on changing for the next year or so probably (I've moved a couple of times, had different jobs, will start working full time next month and finish studying entirely next year). I feel like I have a "gap" in terms of work apropriate clothes that makes me feel "dressed" but not "dressed up" (in lack of better words).

I want to wear a bright lilac top with blue jeans and red accents. Or something.

I also looked at pink trousers.

I want to wear a bright lilac top with blue jeans and red accents. Or something.

I also looked at pink trousers.

And yet, you are still alive! I could see a sort of muted lilac work with your colour scheme.

^ It's probably being around all those attorneys that's making you break out in color. I think you should try something ... shoes?

When I worked at IBM, there was no dress code, but most everyone just 'naturally' wore navy blue and khaki (it was business casual). I had this vivid orange linen wrap skirt at the time ... I remember seeing a guy in the elevator wearing a purple shirt and he seemed relieved to see me, saying something like 'It's always good to see you around.' I'm still kind of dumbfounded by people volunteering to wear those 'colors' ... and not in an interesting way either :wink:

^ It's probably being around all those attorneys that's making you break out in color. I think you should try something ... shoes?

When I worked at IBM, there was no dress code, but most everyone just 'naturally' wore navy blue and khaki (it was business casual). I had this vivid orange linen wrap skirt at the time ... I remember seeing a guy in the elevator wearing a purple shirt and he seemed relieved to see me, saying something like 'It's always good to see you around.' I'm still kind of dumbfounded by people volunteering to wear those 'colors' ... and not in an interesting way either :wink:

Sounds gorgeous!

I think a top could be a good gateway drug ( :wink: ) into wearing colours, if you feel like it, Eizhowa.

Non-wardrobe related, but slightly anyhow; I think I am chopping half of my hair of tomorrow (or, my hairdresser am). I am equally excited and slightly terrified.

^How long is your hair now?

Down to the bra-line on the back. I have wanted to grow it this long for a long time, but at this point it just feels kinda boring. Haven't made the final decission yet, so there is still a chance I will chicken out :wink:

@eizhowa tried to take the picture today and the camera did not want to focus on that marks, so no picture.

the hardware is gold then it changed because of that scratch. quite visible if you look at it carefully. nevermind. my bag has quite a few number of scratch already as I do not baby them.

I never tried anything colorful. fuchsia might be good. I have seen one wearing fuchsia midi skirt with a white blouse and it's nice actually.

Eizhowa: I am not sure, but did you at some point send me the knitting pattern for the "bølgegenser"?

Betina: I think I did, but I can resend it. I am assuming you would prefer the Norwegian version? I can send both (English + Norwegian). I made some improvements when I translated, and corrected some errors, I think.

As long as the hair is not that far from the shoulders after being cut, I think you will be fine :smile: Hair grows fast in the summer, so if you end up disliking it, it will grow out to an acceptable length in no time. I am constantly trying to grow my hair out because it will look great with my national costume, but I prefer to keep it just below the shoulder for work. And I work more days than I wear my national costume:mrgreen:

Carine: I don't baby my bags either :smile:

^ I don't either ... we all have to be tough in the real world :wink: I never cease to be amazed how tough the baby-soft lambskin of my Happy is. I have other leather that looks much tougher, but ... isn't.

Betina: I think I did, but I can resend it. I am assuming you would prefer the Norwegian version? I can send both (English + Norwegian). I made some improvements when I translated, and corrected some errors, I think.

As long as the hair is not that far from the shoulders after being cut, I think you will be fine :smile: Hair grows fast in the summer, so if you end up disliking it, it will grow out to an acceptable length in no time. I am constantly trying to grow my hair out because it will look great with my national costume, but I prefer to keep it just below the shoulder for work. And I work more days than I wear my national costume:mrgreen:

Carine: I don't baby my bags either :smile:

Would you? That would be great. Norwegian sounds good. Have you tried knitting it?

And, I did it! Quite happy with it so far. Ended up with a shoulder length, so it will be somewhat long again quick if I feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->