The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

soma

^ Glad you like it!

Now that the weather is changing and I'm WFH fulltime ... I didn't intend to shop last night, but on the way to dinner saw these in a shop window. They are actually sleepshirts, but look like t-shirt dresses. I think these will be perfectly fine for video conferences, as well as running a quick errand. And if they get a bit past it, I can always use them for their intended purpose. Plus they're super comfortable ... rayon with a bit of spandex. I didn't know it till I paid, but I also got a great discount for buying two.

Attachments

• Soma black dot.jpg
    Soma black dot.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Soma teal.jpg
    Soma teal.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
^Those look nice and comfy, great find.

Back from a few days Milan. It's smaller and less interesting than Paris. Won't visit it anytime soon again. The pants were totally not true to size, normally I have IT44, but even IT42 was way too big. Otherwise they were great, lovely fabric and amazing oversized. :cool2: Maybe I'm going to search for IT38. Otherwise waiting for fall/winter and my Paris visit this fall.

^ So am I hearing you didn't buy anything? :smile: Planning a visit to the cobbler and Celine this weekend ...

Nope. :(
I like the Celine little box bag, but seeing it for real I wasn't impressed with the stitching, not totally straight in places where the leather was thicker/more layered.

^ Glad you like it!

Now that the weather is changing and I'm WFH fulltime ... I didn't intend to shop last night, but on the way to dinner saw these in a shop window. They are actually sleepshirts, but look like t-shirt dresses. I think these will be perfectly fine for video conferences, as well as running a quick errand. And if they get a bit past it, I can always use them for their intended purpose. Plus they're super comfortable ... rayon with a bit of spandex. I didn't know it till I paid, but I also got a great discount for buying two.

looks like something I would need. the weather is hellishly hot here these days

Hi all, it’s been ages since I came here. I guess I need to postmore often to keep my purchase accountable.
I didn’t shop much these days, except being influenced by two things:
1. Now I have to wear work uniform 2x a week, so am findng creative ways to make it less uniformey (and cover all logos)
2. I found a great jewellry maker, ao I can now design my own jewellery. Yay for this one!

Other than that am quite happy with my wardrobe. Only major purchase that I foresee is buying a good winter boots. Will experience 2 winters thia year, so this tropical gal feels it is worth it to get good winter boots.
Anyone can give ideas anout UGG’s leather (wedge) boots?

^Never tried uggs, so can't comment :/

The soles of my Lanvin ballet flats have come loose from the shoes (on both toes) :( And just as I had broken them in! Hope the cobler can fix it quickly.

celine

^ What! :o Have never had that happen I don't think (with Lanvin, I have had it happen otherwise). I wonder if there have been manufacturing changes ...

I went by the Celine boutique today and got these ... they are grey wool gabardine and the fabric is quite lovely. Gabardine wears like iron, and it's been quite a while since I've had any ...

Unfortunately their tailor wasn't there today and apparently doesn't work weekends :lol: I asked could she meet me some weekend at her convenience, so we'll see what they come up with. They said they would reimburse me for tailoring elsewhere, but the tailor I use is for Yoox items, etc. I can't otherwise get tailored.

Attachments

• Celine trousers.jpg
    Celine trousers.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 10
PS Piece #3 for fall. These are from pre-fall, and are definitely not tropical weight wool. However, since I will be wearing them at least sometimes in the Bay area, which is usually 20+ degrees cooler than here, I should be able to wear them a good portion of the year. It's over 100 now here, so I won't be wearing them immediately :wink:

I am feeling very uninspired when it comes to clothes, but there are a few staple items in my wardrobe that will need replacing within a season or two:

1. My grey isabel marant blazer - The fabric is worn very thin on the side I carry my handbag. I would like to have one grey blazer for summer and another for when it is cold. Wearing herringbone or tweed in the summer just feels weird, but I love it for fall.

2. My black kick flare jeans - I would like to invest in a pair of thick denim ones. The ones I have are too stretchy, and they ride up in an unflattering way on my legs.

3. My black patent porsellis - The cobler was able to patch up my old ones, but they are still patched up. And the 6 month wait list is gone :smile:

4. My black COS scarf - It has gotten very wrinkely, and the weird fibre it is made of just will not let itself be ironed flat.

I also need to add black silk or viscose slip to go under my ganni kimono, a second suit (with a good shirt), more trousers for work and a winter coat.

It does not really seem like the "color incident" is going to bear fruit...

My God I miss Polyvore so much. I think I have lost the ability to plan outfits in real life. I need to do it digitally. Who has the energy to actually get up and try things on in this heat. Its not happening.

I think I forgot to tell you guys, but I bought some grey-green suede Balenciaga chelsea boots with beautiful perforations in april. They are a time share with my sister, so not sure if they should count as a whole item:P

Hi all, it’s been ages since I came here. I guess I need to postmore often to keep my purchase accountable.
I didn’t shop much these days, except being influenced by two things:
1. Now I have to wear work uniform 2x a week, so am findng creative ways to make it less uniformey (and cover all logos)
2. I found a great jewellry maker, ao I can now design my own jewellery. Yay for this one!

Other than that am quite happy with my wardrobe. Only major purchase that I foresee is buying a good winter boots. Will experience 2 winters thia year, so this tropical gal feels it is worth it to get good winter boots.
Anyone can give ideas anout UGG’s leather (wedge) boots?

floodette, I'm interested in hearing more about how you customize your uniform ... jewelry? scarves?

I've never really worn one, unless you count my Bluebird and Camp Fire Girl uniforms :wink: That one was customized with a beaded vest ... and I wish I knew where it was. You earned the beads by doing activities in different categories, and they were all different colors and shapes. Most people just sewed them on kind of randomly, but I designed patterns for my mother to sew :wink: I had an apple tree made with the brown ridged beads, the green faceted ones, and the round red ones. I remember I also had a menorah with the lemon-shaped ones for the flames. When I went to large events, I always had the best vest and got lots of compliments :wink:

Tomorrow I'm going to see the tailor at Celine to get my pants hemmed. I couldn't believe what a production it was to get an appointment :blink: Normally they pin things themselves and just hand them off, but I have no confidence in that, because I like a very specific hem, my legs are different lengths, and real tailors have screwed it up plenty of times :wink:

hi, ta-ta

so one of the uniform that i need to wear is shirt with the official logo of the company’s product. we bought some shirts with interesting fabric (gingham, chambray) and have the logo embroideed to that shirt. plus add some patches. voila, new uniform! it helps that there are hundreds of the official product shirts made by each subsidiaries, so ours do not stand out as unofficial. we also commission some patches (national flag, symbols etc) and sew them in those shirts.

for the official uniform, i just changed the proportion (taking off the pintuck, chnaging the length of shirt), and use the shirt as outerwear.

Most people just sewed them on kind of randomly, but I designed patterns for my mother to sew :wink: I had an apple tree made with the brown ridged beads, the green faceted ones, and the round red ones. I remember I also had a menorah with the lemon-shaped ones for the flames. When I went to large events, I always had the best vest and got lots of compliments :wink:

whoa, so creative! i hope you find the vest someday and take picture for all of us to admire

i think my ‘two winters in one year’ plan is too exciting for this tropical girl, so today I bought two jumpers, one is 100% cashmere and the other one is 100% merino. got ghem with 70% discount as well, so i can not say no, especially since i know i will need them later.

and ordered. watch with minnie mouse, with her hands showing the time. always wanted something like that since i read Da Vinci Code, hahaha

i also am into pinterest these days, and really like the look of medium heels black, pointy toes shoes. brought my old ferragamo shoes that needs heel repair to cobbler today, and good as new. they are made from suede btw, which is very comfy for me

also almost bought a new bag (black small city balenciaga metal edge chevre) but resisted, because i think my bordeaux one (exactly like that) suffices. am quite proud of myself for having a bit of self control hHahHa

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Congrats on your self-control :wink: Your uniform modifications sound like fun. You're almost making me wish for a uniform!

I took my pants to be tailored, and she was very good, so I was glad I held out for the official tailor. I also found a sleeveless black dress (that can also be worn year-round as a jumper) from the Summer collection, but I can't find a picture of it online. They are mailing it, so will take a picture when it arrives. But it's a fairly weighty, mostly rayon knit with pockets in front, V neck. It seems to have just the right amount of cling, and I thought it was flattering to the point that I should not say no :wink: The store manager agreed, and told me it was not universally flattering ... that the pockets hit some people wrong, and they just can't wear it.

Here's the dress ... can't seem to get these rotated correctly :wink: My usual stunning photography ... I missed my calling, obviously. Hopefully you can see the pockets ...

Attachments

• Celine black dress pockets.jpg
    Celine black dress pockets.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Celine black dress.jpg
    Celine black dress.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
Great dress and pants! Maybe some modeling shots? :mrgreen:
The logo on the waistband doesn't bother you?
So far only replaced one pair of jeans.

^ Thanks :flower: That's a big maybe indeed :D

The reason it doesn't bother me is that I basically never show the waistband of anything. Otherwise, you're right, it definitely would :wink: Only if I bend over to pick something up from the floor might anyone see it.

Now I haven't completely missed out on Phoebe's tenure at Celine :wink: Looking forward to what she does next. I begin to fear Alber is never coming back? :(

Anyone else planning for summer or fall?

not clothes, but am loving a new berry nail polish. it is from a japanese brand, very cheap, and water based. so it dries very very rapidly and i can easily peel it off.

i love incorporating those color to my neutral (ok, moatly black) wardrobe, after years of using cherry red polish

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->