The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have no idea what the width of my foot actually is - although I tend to feel just right in most shoes and boots, so perhaps I am average? I have bony ankles and feet, but this probably doesn't account for much in terms of actual width. I was going to choose the B width Ferragamo's.....

Prioritizing is probably the best route, but I do tend to become confused, only having access to spare funds several months out of a given year somehow paralyses me: I have so many items lounging in online shopping baskets as we speak.

I haven't tried the Ferragamo's, I live in a small uk town with only a scattering of regular high street stores, and even these are badly stocked. I might have to travel to London to try a pair, and that would be about 7 hours and £50 away, sadly. This is always such a pain when shopping for non-high street items. Always such a risk. There are some online brands which I am very comfortable with, sizing-wise, like apc, jcrew and Toast, but the rest are rather unknown to me.

I do love the Repetto's, but there is something about that vara bow:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, yes indeed, there is something magical with that bow. I am not fond of bow, but I just loooove ferragamo boW. They make my feet look slimmer, hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Has anyone tried some of the ballet flats by Balenciaga or Chloe? I love some of their styles... :heart:

You know, I have no idea what the width of my foot actually is - although I tend to feel just right in most shoes and boots, so perhaps I am average? I have bony ankles and feet, but this probably doesn't account for much in terms of actual width. I was going to choose the B width Ferragamo's.....

Prioritizing is probably the best route, but I do tend to become confused, only having access to spare funds several months out of a given year somehow paralyses me: I have so many items lounging in online shopping baskets as we speak.

I haven't tried the Ferragamo's, I live in a small uk town with only a scattering of regular high street stores, and even these are badly stocked. I might have to travel to London to try a pair, and that would be about 7 hours and £50 away, sadly. This is always such a pain when shopping for non-high street items. Always such a risk. There are some online brands which I am very comfortable with, sizing-wise, like apc, jcrew and Toast, but the rest are rather unknown to me.

I do love the Repetto's, but there is something about that vara bow:smile:

Here's the Ferragamo thread, in case anyone's interested: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f48/ferragamo-shoe-thread-44818.html

Maybe a trip to London when you're ready to shop might be a good thing ... spend the night, take a little mini-vacation, and shop shop shop :wink: That way you can try everything on. As long as what you want exists, you should be able to find it in any major shopping city. Speaking of which, are you any closer to Glasgow than London? London's not the only shopping city in the UK ...

I'm right beside Manchester and Liverpool. I did a search for stores that carry them, but no joy. I have wanted to visit London for so long now, and would love to manage it soon. It might probably be easier for me to visit Paris than London, for I at least know a couple of people that I could stay with there. I must organize my life. Online shopping is too convenient:wink:

I would love to!

Also, could anyone suggest where I might be able to find decent quality cotton knit sweaters/jumpers within Europe online? I have decided to go low maintenance with my knitwear this year but am having trouble locating what I'm after.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just realized that my best formal wear pants - a pair of good brown wool pants - have a hole at the worst possible place. I don't think it can be fixed :shock: OH NO! When you have only few pieces it hurts even more when you lose one. What a bummer! I can't go shopping right now, I need to spend on other things than clothes and shoes :( I feel so naked suddenly... :unsure:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just realized that my best formal wear pants - a pair of good brown wool pants - have a hole at the worst possible place. I don't think it can be fixed :shock: OH NO! When you have only few pieces it hurts even more when you lose one. What a bummer! I can't go shopping right now, I need to spend on other things than clothes and shoes :( I feel so naked suddenly... :unsure:

Oh no! Is it completely impossible to make your wardrobe function without these pants, untill you have saved some money for them?

Oh no! Is it completely impossible to make your wardrobe function without these pants, untill you have saved some money for them?

Well, I guess I just have to wait. I have a blue and a black pair of formal wear pants, too, but I think the cut isn't as flattering and I haven't been wearing them much lately. I guess they just have to do for now and maybe in September or October I can go out to replace my beloved RIP brown pants. I really didn't think I had to spend on formal wear pants in the near future though. It's not nice when you think you're covered with your essentials and than such things happen. Ugh.

Well, I guess I just have to wait. I have a blue and a black pair of formal wear pants, too, but I think the cut isn't as flattering and I haven't been wearing them much lately. I guess they just have to do for now and maybe in September or October I can go out to replace my beloved RIP brown pants. I really didn't think I had to spend on formal wear pants in the near future though. It's not nice when you think you're covered with your essentials and than such things happen. Ugh.

I know the feeling. It is excactly the same problem I have with the striped l/s tee I'm trying to replace. Not because I do not have the money, but because it is impossible to find one as good as the one I have - which is worn out.

There is no chance that you could find a good pair of brown formal pants on sale?

It's true that these things can happen at any time ... but it's the sign of a good wardrobe that you do have alternatives to turn to. I wonder if you could have one of the other pairs tailored to be more flattering?

When I've had pants tailored at Barney's Coop, I've had the SA say, I didn't know you could do that :wink: My job in retail was at a store that sold mostly suits, and I got to watch the tailors work every day. It really is amazing what they can do ...

PS I had no immediate plans to buy anything, but a Lanvin item has come in that has me :crush::crush::crush:

I've just discovered a new love; shoe polish. A whole new world has opened to me. My flats look brand new:blush:

I have become convinced that it is worth investing in a high quality bag, but I have a few questions about branding. I don't necessarily want the branding to be obvious, even if there is no obvious logo on the bag itself. I was teetering in the direction of Mulberry, and I am quite in love with their small satchel range, but something still puts me off. I think that I might just be a bit contrary or something, because I can't bring myself to buy a handbag that is generally described as 'iconic'. This is something that I hear quite frequently with regards to Mulberry bags (obviously), but I'm thinking I might want something more subtle....so, I need to find a bag of similar quality, but less iconic (more subtle), if that makes sense. Is it possible? Any tips would be helpful!

^ Can you get Kate Spade where you are?

To me Mulberry is heavily inspired by other iconic bags, such as Hermes :ninja: I think they are good bags, don't get me wrong ...

You might also look at Marc Jacobs.

I think sifting through bags is a good online activity, then at the store I see how it looks in person, the bag's lines when not professionally stuffed with tissue paper but instead with my actual stuff in it, how it feels, scale, how comfortable, how easy to get in and out of, etc.

Betinapple, too funny :wink:

i love marc by marc jacobs for bags. i would go in the mens section where they change seasonally yet are still classic and good leather.

My pants: I don't really want to have them altered because my body doesn't feel in a "stable state" yet. I've had my second baby six month ago and I've lost a lot of weight. Contrary to most women I suffer from being too thin after giving birth and if it is similar to my first birth I'll need a year until my body has found back to its normal weight. Therefore I'm a bit hesitant about alterations now. But as soon as I feel that I'm not losing or gaining a lot anymore this would be a good option.

My bags: I also like Marc by Marc Jacobs because they are very subtle and classy. Plus they are in a price range that I can afford. My dream bags for the future (a girl needs to have dreams, right) are by Chloe :heart: :heart: :heart:, Proenza Schouler or Fendi. Personally I think Chloe bags aren't as easily recognizable and don't scream "designer" as much as some other famous bags.

I attach a few pictures of some of these season's bags that make me dream...

Pics by Net a porter.com, showing Chloé Paraty, Chloé Marcie and Chloé Madeleine.

Attachments

• chloeparatymedium.jpg
    chloeparatymedium.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1
  • chloemarciemedium.jpg
    chloemarciemedium.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • chloemadeleine.jpg
    chloemadeleine.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Marni has some really gorgeous classic bags this season, but for something understated I think the best brands are Bally, Bottega, and Jerome Dreyfuss (aka Mr Isabel Marant). The Mulberry Neely is gorgeous though, and doesn't scream "iconic Mulberry" like the Bayswater or the Alexa.

This season one of my main purchases is going to be a good bag. I'm planning on purchasing The Cambridge Satchel Company's Batchel bag for school but I'm wondering what color to buy. I'm torn between the brown and green bag. Both colors are lovely and while the brown one is very classic I also love the green because it feels a bit more youthful. Which one should I go for?

vintage.jpg

green.jpg

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993