The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I say! :wink:

In some ways, the ideal wardrobe for me would be a lot like Jesse Kamm's, I saw her on StylelikeU a while ago. She mentioned she had a lot of 'old' stuff in storage, and a relatively small working wardrobe. She'd change it up every now and then, not just buying new stuff, but also pulling things out of storage and putting other pieces in the attic (or wherever).

Sounds great! I was thinking about maybe taking some things out of rotation. I used to clean out regularly and all things I own now are good quality - even if they might not really fit in right now.

Shopping: When the yellow Acne dress appeared on NAP Europe yesterday I went ahead and ordered it quickly. I really had a bad day yesterday, I don't think I ever felt so shopping hungry in 500 days. It arrived today. It doesn't fit and is going back. I really learnt my leason. After ordering it I didn't feel that great. I have my one piece per month strategy and it has worked great for me. Impulsive shopping hasn't. Another dress would be nice, of course, but there are other things I need more. So I'm not going to order it in another size, I'll just send it back, breath, learn my lesson and wait for May :smile: Indeed, there is enough in my wardrobe as it is!

^ That's so great you are able to return the items so easy. I have to 1. wait for it for a week or so, then 2. pay the quite large amount to return it.
Therefore I only order items that I am 99,9 % sure I will keep, so I made a return just a couple of times, really rare.

Ugh, I'm not able to order the shoes on Yoox, tried a number of times and every time when I complete the delivery and billing adresses form and the site should lead me to payment I get this message:

"Your last request generated an error
Our apologies for the inconvenience. The details of this error have been sent to our technical team who will resolve the problem as soon as possible."

It's really pi**ing me off, since it happened to me before and I think they should't afford such issues, based on their reputation. I mean they are a designers outlet, ultimately.

I did a few hours ago, didn't receive the respond yet. But since my two friends are having the same error reported on the site I think it really is a technical issue and I hope they are in the process of resolving it.

Returning items: actually this is only the second time in three years I return something. I'm usually a very careful shopper and do my research before ordering anything. This time I hit the checkout button too quick. But that's okay, we make mistakes from time to time and learn from them. No more shopping till May for me, I'll spend my time evaluating.

Btw, wearing a completely new combo made with old items that haven't been worn in a while today :-)

Oh, and NAP really is very good when it comes to return policies. That's the reason why I prefer shopping with them, they have always had the best costumer service of any shop I know.

I hope I will have many experiences with NAP in the future :P, and don't have any yet.

Yoox haven't resolve the issue, saying that is impossible. :blink: I emailed them info about my browser and send them a screenshot as suggested, so hopefully they will take action to Monday at least. But I have a feeling that I am talking to a robot, you may know how it is, those advance systemic responses written in advance ... I just hate those, happens on Asos all the time.:rolleyes:

I found a PERFECT dress today on COS (again, yes), but won't purchase it, because it's not really on a need list, even though it is on my shopping list for S/S. It's the navy organza one, I pinned it (of course).

Today I got rid of a sweater that I've been babying along ... I've had it mended a couple times, but it was clear that it really was the end, so today I bit the bullet. It's a short-sleeved black crewneck cotton sweater. I don't really like crewneck, but recently I've felt more interested in not showing cleavage in a business setting, and this sweater is very useful in that regard :P The issue I have is that it can be difficult to tell how revealing something is until you actually wear it and it arranges itself on your body. I remember once when I had a big meeting & was wearing a new blouse, going to Nordstrom at lunch & having them pin me up :lol: Later I had the blouse altered, but that's not always possible.

I've had the sweater for so long I'm not really sure when I got it. I think it must be well over 10 years old. It was one of 4 identical sweaters I got in black, navy, white, and mauve. The light-colored ones are long gone--all that remains is the navy. At least now I won't have to stand in my closet figuring out which is which :lol:

Not sure yet whether I'll replace it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Oh good Lord. Is there another machine you can try from?

I tried on 3 computers, lol, this evening I will give them a chance on boyfriend's one. Hopefully he will know what to do if anything else is possible.

Oh, I love crewnecks, I very rarely wear tops with decollete. It's just too much with the leather I'm wearing that often and almost all my skirts/dresses are short, so I don't feel comfortable in such outfit, nor find it classy.:wink: It's different with sweaters though, but a cut like that could look great with the shirt with stiff collar under it.

In the other news: It's finally Spring here. :woot: I put my winter coat in the closet and am wearing leather jacket for a whole week now. Also I cleaned and stored my two pairs of ankle boots and replaced them with spiked brogues. I had such a tough week that I should of kick some people in the a** with them. :doh:

^ I'm starting to understand what spikes could be really good for ... maybe I am a spikes girl :brows: I think there must've been something in the air this week ... mine was pretty interesting too. I put in a lot of extra time meditating :lol:

I basically never wear leather (just have the one suede skirt, and suede, while technically leather ...), but I understand what you mean. You can't do too much or it could turn all Kardashian quickly.

I turned the heat on when I got up this morning, but now it's t-shirt weather outside ... I think I'll wear my polka dot pants tonight.

r&n, have you decided what pieces are most important for you right now? Another thing you might try is a little new makeup for spring. Sometimes I'll pick a runway beauty look for inspiration, and do it using a mix of things I have & new makeup. I think that always helps you feel like you have a new look, and then you can wear it with lots of different things. New perfume or new earrings are good too :wink:

So we managed to order the babies, I would never have thought that the problem would be in a letter 'š', but my boyfriend did and they are on the way to me. ^_^
They should of warned about it, since the name and adress were confirmed when typed in this from. Can't wait, will report about them when they arrive.

Well tell him he gets to wear the crown today for being such a genius!! :king: Glad they are on their way.

Jina: Congrats! I hope you'll really love them and they'll be comfortable!

Tata: It is so hard to let those pieces go, isn't it? When I was cleaning my closet last week I had a burnt orange wool cardigan in my hands that I just can't let go... I wore it so many times in many years and I guess its time is over but I just couldn't throw it away yet... :cry: I'll need a replacement this fall :(

Setting priorities/shopping: Well, right now I don't really know where my priorities will be. A long sleeved silk blouse is on top of the list and I think I'll get that in May - but the rest?! Maybe I should just wait for the sales with the rest. I'm sure I'll be able to get another cardigan and short sleeved blouse in the sales, there is plenty of good stuff that makes it to the sales in the tops department. Oh, and the clutch - but I think I'll wait for the sales there, too. So my top priority will be the silk blouse. I also thought of getting a new piece of jewellery to make things a bit different. I saw a cute vintage brooch that was not that expensive and looked so much fun. I will not hurry too much this time, though :wink:

I was wearing a skirt today, btw... Not sure I felt 100% comfortable in it, though. I guess I really prefer dresses over skirts - on me, that is. Oh, and I was wearing the new sweater twice last week and this week and it feels great!

Great the sweater is doing well In Action, R&N. A nice long sleeved blouse seems like a good next 'step' for you. If you don't feel any urgency for any of the other items, waiting 'til the sales sounds like a plan.

I do feel some urgency since today: it was the first real day of spring, warm and sunny (yay!). I went for a long walk wearing my Bensimon sneakers, which are great but maybe don't have the most comfortable soles in the world. My feet were distincly not amused. Like, singing Aretha Franklin's 'Respect' to me.
So, a good pair of spring/summer sneakers is now a priority.

Yay Red glad you still love your blouse ! I am with you on the "no urgency". The more I look at my Pinterest the more I feel like I don't need nor absolutely want any of those items. I think I really enjoy the whole process of "shopping" online, pining or saving items or even outfits I like but I no longer feel the need to own anything.
As for the cleaning out of my closet. It continues.. I was in NYC and gave a bunch of stuff to my friends, including most of my unworn shoes. And now I am back and I am still cleaning. I have around 25 pieces excluding lingerie now. My fiancé says I am obsessed and should stop before I have nothing to wear :ninja: But I love having almost nothing, I feel better and freer. On top of that I truly wear my clothes now and I love all the combination I managed to do. Hope to stop at 20 pieces.
Twistelette: I too was looking for comfortable sneakers at some point but since I let the Barbara bui leather high top go, I never found anything appealing enough. I pinned some lanvin, there are some Pierre hardy I saw on mytheresa too. Hope you will find your perfect pair soon :heart:
Jina: so glad your boyfriend was able to help you out !!
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been a bit absent due to my sinusitis, but I love it that this thread always has things for me to catch up on :smile:

Jinadaze: YAY!!! So glad you sorted that out. Special characters can be so annoying... I would know. My name has an "á", and my address has all sorts of - and º that are often not accepted or get printing mistakes...

About priorities: The only thing I feel I really -need- is some nice blouses. I might mostly wait for sales for those, because, as RedandNavy said, blouses can be pretty easy to find on sale. Right now I'm planning on (eventually, and preferably with a discount code) buying the polka dotted one I have on pinterest; a white button-up (I'm going to make my mum get me that, as I had a birthday on April 3rd, but unfortunately we haven't had the time to go shopping together yet); a leopard print blouse (I like the one I have pinned, but it's sold out online... maybe I'll be able to find it irl, otherwise something else will certainly show up). I also want the black boat neck 3/4 sleeved tee I pinned, and I have to buy the white shirt. This would keep me satisfied for a while.

I'd like some dresses too, mostly because I like the idea of dresses but dresses that fit me are so hard to find, which I think adds to my lust for them. I gave up on the some of the specific dresses I had pinned, but I still like the idea of those. Something will come up eventually, I guess.

Also: I could NEVER clean my closet to that extent, Eva :o

I'd like some dresses too, mostly because I like the idea of dresses but dresses that fit me are so hard to find, which I think adds to my lust for them. I gave up on the some of the specific dresses I had pinned, but I still like the idea of those. Something will come up eventually, I guess.

Also: I could NEVER clean my closet to that extent, Eva :o

Me neither! Which is not to say it can't be done, of course... just be mindful of the reasons you're culling - it shouldn't become clearing out for clearing out's sake.

As for me & the sneakers... there's one question I can't really get clear in my mind. Ideally, I'd like sneakers/shoes that are comfortable enough to walk long distances in (2/3 hour walks), and that are also 'presentable' enough for everyday wear (I work mostly from home, so this would entail: hanging out for coffee-dates, getting groceries, going to the library, being in the world). Oh, and ideally I'd like them to be as ecofriendly as possible. And they should 'go' with my A.P.C. spring coat. Is this doable, or is it too much to ask from one shoe? Should I get one 'presentable' pair, and one 'walking' pair? The thing is, I'm not much of a sneaker-person, and I feel a little bit self-concious walking around in sneakers. But. I could get over that.
I love the Humanoid sneakers I put on Pinterest, but they are really too much money at the moment (with other expenses I have in mind). Moreover, I am not too sure they really go with my A.P.C. coat. Hmmn. You guys have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->