The Acne Thread #3

á la Balenciaga

Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

has anyone used Aveda Outer Peace Acne spot relief?

aveda

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Proactiv a week and a half ago; it should be here any day now.

I really hope I see some results...I've been through every other acne care under the sun with absolutely no change. I get those horrid red bumps that never come to a head and just go away whenever they go away. Thankfully it's not more than a few at a time, but they're just so ugly and hard to cover up...

for me my skin looked good for a week(at most). it was glowing and then after that it went back to what it was and maybe even worse.

buy neostrata's smoothing cream with glycolic acid. its been my saving grace.

I use Murad Night Reform with Glycolic acid and the results are unbelievable..not a blemish for over two weeks! The glycolic acid really works!:heart:

yeah...I have to agree re: proactiv; things were good for about 2wks and then they went back to 'regular' ick if not worse. So I definitely didn't want to get hooked into that auto-ship/$

^Definately have to agree with others on the proactiv...i tried it about a year and a half (maybe even 2) ago and it didnt help at all.

Can you believe that I've been using this Neutrogena Acne wash (you know..the one's you can get at places like Target and such) and it's probably the best thing I've used for my skin. Cheap, but works well. It's definitely better than Proactive. I use that and my Lancome moisturizer and my skin looks better than it did a month ago.

whenever i've used oxy pads or anything like that it seemed like my skin got worse after
i use this stuff from arbonne and it works really well...i've heard drinking green tea on a daily basis helps alot has that worked for anyone?

Today I ordered a Manuka Honey Acne Treatment kit. I have used honey before on wounds and scars with good results and started experimenting with it on my skin as well. I noticed the redness disappearing in a matter of 2 days and the parts of my skin without pimples looking nice and hydrated, so I decided to look further into the benefits of honey. I never knew its antibacterial effect actually makes it suited for acne treatment, oh if it weren't for google.... I'm quoting some information about Manuka honey (it's different from regular honey) and will post again about the effect of the products on my skin.

http://www.manukahoney.com/resources/umf.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Manuk...ne?&id=1398258

I promised to post again about the results. Have been using it for little under 2 months now and the results so far are great. I had some serious inflammation on my cheek (never had that before) which was completely reduced within 1 or 2 weeks. Right now there are just some light scarrings and tiny bumps which are gradually disappearing. I still get the occasional pimple, but it has reduced my skin problems a lot already. I would really recommend it to others.

whenever i've used oxy pads or anything like that it seemed like my skin got worse after
i use this stuff from arbonne and it works really well...i've heard drinking green tea on a daily basis helps alot has that worked for anyone?
Wondering about this too! I really love green tea and I actually drink it quite often (not daily but almost...) I don't really know if it actually affects my skin though.

Is The Clinique 3 step system any good for acne?
I'm sure many people have quite the opposite experience than I do, but Clinique saved my life. I had huge break out at the time and it helped me so much! The most important was clarifying lotion (number 3), though I have the facial wash and DDML as well (DDML still lasts actually). I was good in a week.

My skin problem is now almost gone, thanks to regular facials (Neoderma bio peeling is awesome!) and BeautyTek treatments (and birth control pills). But there are blemishes left, so that's next to get rid of.^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost have agree with everyone about proactiv. You can get the same chemical solutions in store-brand acne products except for the proactive refining mask (to use on spots at night). (I swear by it). Clinique's acne treatment works better for overall treatment. I use the facial wash and lotion too.

Wondering about this too! I really love green tea and I actually drink it quite often (not daily but almost...) I don't really know if it actually affects my skin though.

ive been drinking it twoice a day everyday for like a week now but i cant really tell if its helping or not yet

The best thing for my spots is when i stop touching my face, it all almost clears up then i forget not to and it goes crap again.

my skin always gets a lot better when i cut back on sweets and don't touch it/leave blemishes alone. it seems like i have no self-control though and always ruin that *sigh*

Okay ladies as someone who used to have bad acne, I can tell you that much of problematic skin is due to hormones but a lot of it can be controlled by what you eat/drink. First off, drink a LOT of water. even when you think you've drank enough, drink more! DO NOT touch your face. DO NOT pop any zits or pimples and refrain from ever washing your face or putting on any products without first washing your hands. Also, if you happen to have a lot of zits on your forehead, I would suggest pinning your hair away from your forehead and see if you notice any changes after a few days. If yes, I'd say you've found the culprit of the forehead acne.

Also, I have found that drinking green tea has helped my skin tremendously.

One last note: stick to a skin regiment that you believe works and don't switch around too often. Skin can sometimes become irritated just from exposing it to different chemicals and such so avoid changing your skin care everyday. I cringe when I hear that a girl has over 50 products she uses on her face. Your skin does not appreciate having 50+ things it must cycle through so keep your skin care regiment simple (and natural if you can).

Hope this helps!! :smile:

I've suffered horribly with moderate acne in the past but six months of Dianette have cleared my spots up a treat! The only problem is that I've been left with horrible purplish-red marks on my cheeks. They're not proper acne scars, just surface marks and I don't know how to fade them. Can anyone recommend any products that might help? I have very sensitive skin.

I like Lush's 'Grease Lightning' for a natural spot treatment. Avene's 'Diacneal' is good for a strong exfoliation, and I like the 'ultra-rich cleansing gel'. For people with only occasional breakouts, and sensitive skin I'd suggest Dermalogica's Clearing Skin Wash. I don't have acne though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->