Balenciaga... The All-Things Balenciaga Handbags Thread

I'm no expert but from my quick look I think it's real...
if it is, I have the same exact bag... city in vert d'eau, right?

i have the first and i like it but somehow there's something about the proportion of the mini city that made me fall in love with it, so i'm pretty interested to see the mini city

bagcraza_balenciagaminicity1.jpg

bagcraza_balenciagaminicity2.jpg

source: lovebbags.com

what's the difference between the first and the mini city?
is the mini city more square? and the first is a bit more rectangular?

i found this mini city pic !! how cute is this???
bagcraze_balenciaga_mini_city.jpg

source : member dragonette at thepurseforum

ohh, that makes it so much easier to visualize!

i wonder if the popularity of Celine's and Proenza Schouler's bags in that approx size spurred the creation?

ChrissyM, i do think so. but balenciaga did come up with the mini twiggy and mini first way before celine and PS although they are discontinued because not enough buyers i guess

I think this is kind of a cute collab... Grace Coddington for Balenciaga...

from hintmag.com

Something Different: Grace Coddington for Balenciaga
Sorry, dog lovers. It's a cat's world right now. Karl Lagerfeld's one-year old Birman, Choupette, is dominating Twitter so hard she's sure to score a Whiskers endorsement deal any day. And now comes Grace Coddington's drawings of her cat on a Balenciaga tote and two scarves. The American Vogue creative director has depicted Pumpkin dressed in Nicolas Ghesquière's greatest hits for the house from the last ten years.

The pet project is the cat lady's first bag collaboration, but not her first feline foray. In 2006, she came out with a book, The Catwalk Cats (Editions 7L), in which she documented a year in her fashionable life through the eyes of her furry friends, who can be seen coordinating photo shoots and dining in Milan with all the other fashion cats.

The three Balenciaga items—Pumpkin Papier tote bag in ecru or pumpkin-orange canvas with black leather trim ($1,000), two printed Pumpkin scarves in either silk or fringed wool and silk ($395 and $495, respectively)—will be available at Balenciaga boutiques in New York and Los Angeles on Fashion's Night Out. And you can feel a little better about splurging because 20% of proceeds will go to the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons.

Attachments

• Grace Coddington Balenciaga bag.jpg
    Grace Coddington Balenciaga bag.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
Does anyone know if Balenciaga will sell me extra tassels??? I've had my City for about 8 years now and the tassels are looking rather grotty, I'm afraid. They split ages ago, but now they've gotten to the point where they're breaking off and getting shorter...would love to get some new ones to freshen it up a bit.

Me too, they are very sophisticated, modern but with a hint of retro. I'm dreaming of finding a similar bag in my deceased grandmother's closet. Not gonna happen though.

For those of you who bought a Balenciaga bag with the darker brass hardware, does it fade over time to become a lighter brass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->