The 'Porter by Net-A-Porter' Thead

July 13, 2018

Tales of the Unexpected
Model Amanda Seyfried
Photographer Ward Ivan Rafik
Styling Maya Zepinic

net-a-porter

Love the close-up with her against the bougainvillea. Some others are great too, but her posing is too much here. I suppose it's better than not trying at all.

Porter wishes it was as cool as Porter Edit.

Porter wishes it was as cool as Porter Edit.

LOL, true! But I must say Lucy isn't stupid. She knows by looking at these edits each week that they're infinitely better than what Porter does, but allow The Edit to run them knowing it will keep readers interested in the weekly content.

I would go one step further and demand the same quality, if not better, for the main edition. I know sometimes they share edits, but the Guinevere story for instance, that was cover material!

July 20, 2018

Strength Becomes Her
Model Angela Bassett
Photographer Paola Kudacki
Styling Sara Francia

net-a-porter

Move over Tracee! I can't stand animal print (it's tacky!), but the cover looks amazing. Everything about it. It's so 80's all-American, but in a good, classic way. I'm so impressed with the way Kudacki glammed this up. Elle US ended up a great learning curve for her!

This is the advantage of our PC 'diversity' phase. For years we were inundated with the Nicole/Reese/Gwyneth squad getting cover after cover, and now they seem to have been replaced by Rihanna/Lupita/Beyonce which is actually equally nauseating, but every now and then someone refreshing like Angela or Tracee gets the spotlight. Someone who had always been in the industry for all these years, yet somehow never got their due. In a perfect world this should've been a Vanity Fair cover instead of that rough looking 'Pulitzer prize winner.'

July 27, 2018

The Light Gets In
Model Busy Philipps
Photographer Matthew Sprout
Styling Catherine Newell-Hanson

net-a-porter

Oh my! The cover shot is beautiful! How I wish I could actually buy in on the newsstand.

Don't think I've ever seen this actress in a movie but she's always making headlines and trending on social media.

From the no makeup look to basic styling to the home setting and that's what makes this editorial. First time I'm hearing of the actress as well, but she has great skin and eyebrows.

August 3, 2018

The Great Cover-Up
Model Julia van Os
Photographer Sebastian Sabal-Bruce
Styling Helen Broadfoot

net-a-porter

Luna looks lovely but this is so boring! We've seen this 'story' a million times

Yea, definitely deja-vu! There's an Australian brand, Country Road, who would be all over these shots. But as predictable as it is, it's still way better than that awful Julia van Os story. Laziness taken to a new level.

August 17, 2018

Sonic Youth
Model Chloë Grace Moretz
Photographer Bec Lorrimer
Styling Samantha Traina

net-a-porter

Smells like teen spirit! Which doesn't necessarily mean it has to be mediocre.

August 24, 2018

She's The Boss
Model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Photographer Zoey Grossman
Styling Alison Edmond

net-a-porter

August 31, 2018

The Good Fight
Model Robin Wright
Photographer Boo George
Styling Helen Broadfoot

net-a-porter