The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Any positive experiences with Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance foundation?:flower:

Has anyone tried Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation?

I'm thinking about purchasing it next week and was curious if anyone here uses it. I can't seem to find many reviews of it.

I hated it. It had a sort of greasy yet drying effect on my skin. I LOVE their colorstay for oily skin, though. If you want to go revlon, do colorstay liquid, the original stuff. Stipple it on with a dry latex sponge and you will look perfect. Most of revlon's newer foundations do suck quite a bit, I am sad to say.

^ Thanks for your response :flower:.

I ended up getting Estee Lauder double wear light instead because I heard some bad things about the Revlon mousse foundation. And I am soooo glad I did!

I would highly recommend the double wear light to anyone who has good skin but wants a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

I find in the summer I can get away with just wearing a tinted moisturizer but in the fall/winter when my skin changes I need something with a little more coverage. I have combination skin that is oily / dry / normal (ugh) and I find the double wear light gives me a nice matte natural finish that lasts all day. I don't even have to wear powder which I really like because then it looks like it really is my skin ^_^.

Has anyone tried Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder?
My skin starts getting more dry when it gets colder, so I'm looking for something that will suit my skin-type

Last edited by a moderator:
I really really need to find a drugstore foundation with YELLOW undertones,from brands like Covergirl or L'Oreal,I always have this problem with foundations,They are always to pale,pink or Orangey:( Does anybody know of a good one?

I really really need to find a drugstore foundation with YELLOW undertones,from brands like Covergirl or L'Oreal,I always have this problem with foundations,They are always to pale,pink or Orangey:( Does anybody know of a good one?

have you tried bourjois?

i would second the recommendation of bourjois. i use their healthy mix foundation and (at least the colours i have used) have been yellow or quite neutral in their undertones.

i can't comment on anything other than healthy mix though sorry!

i have the bobbi brown corrector concealer (it comes with a pwder to be applied on top)

however the concealer keeps sliding off after a while. is this normal?

is my undereye area too greasy with eye cream or something?:unsure:

Have you tried Revlon? Here in Asia they sell well and they are suit the yellow undertones in the skin. Some of my friends swear by it :smile:

I haven´t tried bourjois,they don´t sell it here in california:(
I have tried Revlon but i dont think it matches my skintone that well,or maybe im just choosing the wrong color.Thank you girls for your help anyway:flower::flower::flower:

lucy92 have you tried a primer before applying any of your makeup? Maybe that will help:smile:

Can somebody recommend a good under foundation moisturizer?

Sorry "Oh Me"!! At the moment i'm using a Fluid by Venus but its not good :(

I tried out one by Clairins which was perfect for me! I used it 30min before i put my Foundation on but it costs 39,95€ which is crazy!!

Guys i need HELP!!! I searching for a Foundation.

I tried out Estee Lauders Double Wear and its amazing!!! The Coverage is perfect to me BUT there is no shade that fits me :(((((

Then i tried out Chanel Mat Luminiere which shade/undertone was perfect to me but the coverage is not enough!!!

So is there a Foundation with Coverage like Estee Lauders Double Wear and Shades/Untertones (yellowish) like Chanel Mat Luminiere Beige??

Has anyone tried any concealers / foundations from Etude House? I'm hearing some good reviews on YouTube but still not sure about trying it.

Any ladies tried the loose Chanel setting powder and/or MAC Blot powder? I'm currently using the Cargo HD compact and it's pretty good but after a few hours I can see a bit of powder attached to the teeny hairs on my face. Looking for something a bit more seamless and wondering if Chanel or MAC is better for this. I use BB Cream so I am looking for a powder with a little bit of coverage, and from my understanding the MAC Blot is translucent?
Posted via Mobile Device

^ I have the Chanel loose powder and it's pretty good. It does not give you much coverage, but it does even out your skin a little bit. And it lasts really long.

Haven't tried the MAC one.

Any ladies tried the loose Chanel setting powder and/or MAC Blot powder? I'm currently using the Cargo HD compact and it's pretty good but after a few hours I can see a bit of powder attached to the teeny hairs on my face. Looking for something a bit more seamless and wondering if Chanel or MAC is better for this. I use BB Cream so I am looking for a powder with a little bit of coverage, and from my understanding the MAC Blot is translucent?
Posted via Mobile Device

i hate to confuse you even more but if you want powder with a little coverage, mac mineralize skinfinish is also an option (you can build it up)

Does anybody know of any good high coverage foundations for flash photography? My face is much paler than the rest of my body, and it simply refuses to tan. I've tried several foundations and none of them are working out. All Revlon foundations give me a white cast in flash photography. Make Up Forever's HD Foundation is lovely color wise, but the coverage is too minimal. Laura Mercier has fantastic coverage, but it also gives me a white cast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->