The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

karen k

Reaction score
Anyone have any good suggestions for a foundation that has good coverage and lightweight?

Hi! :flower:

Armani LSF. Amazing amazing amazing! Very lightweight, provides light-moderate coverage (you can build it up according to how you like it). Leaves skin looking absolutely luminous and perfect. Good for just about every skintype except for oily because this leaves sort of a dewy finish

HTH!

I have dry skin so I always have to moisturize so I want a foundation that wont make me look flaky. I will definitely try the ones suggested. thanks so much! All are a lot of help. :wink:

If you have dry skin, I would probably recommend something like Chanel Vitalumiere Fluide which is a more creamy formula and more somewhat more moisturizing for dryer skins. Again its lightweight and coverage is buildable.

Also, you might want to consider using a primer underneath your foundation. I recommend Laura Mercier or Chanel Base Lumiere :flower:

Foundations are a hard thing to decide on so make sure you test out each one until you decide which is the best for you.. try and get samples even so you can wear it for a few days and see how it feels on your skin, etc

If you are interested in the Armani one, unfortunately Armani is only available exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue and only have about 6 counters throughout the US but, the great thing is they offer samples and if you give them a call, they'd be more than willing to send some samples for you to try. (if you dont know what shade you wear in armani, let them know what shades you wear in other foundations and they'll just match it up for you)

tell us how it goes!

Karen,

If you want to test Armani's foundation, just to let you know... Their best sold one is number 5. It's a color that matches almost any skin tone.

As for foundations, most mua's recommend to use oil free even if your skin is dry, but as someone said, you need tpo moisturize and prime well before you apply it.
Laura Mercier's foundations are famous around the world, but there are many other good ones.
i hate Lauder, but their foundations are excellent (and some other things...), in this case since you want lightweight, I'd say go for Lucidity, from MAC face & Body or Studio Tech appliedwith a moistened brush, from Dior, Diorlight or from Nars, the oil free foundation.

Those are some of my favorites.

HTH,

Sofia

I've been using Diorskin compact for quite a while. Overall it's a very nice powdery foundation, goes on light and smooth, enough coverage for my skin and doesn't make the face look "heavy" and covered up at all, plus it doesn't dry out the skin.

Now my problem is: I always had dry skin but recently I find my skin is becoming more and more like a combination skin. Diorskin does give me a nice matte look at the beginning after application, however, it's not long wear enough for my skin now. After a few hours, my face gets shiny and looks like I'm without makeup so I need to keep on re applying.

What I'm looking for: a powdery foundation has similar quality and texture to Diorskin compact but gives more of a matte look and lasts longer.
Note: I don't want pressed powder because I don't use liquid foundation. I only use powdery foundation on top of my moisturiser or makeup base.

Recommendations please! :flower:

I think I have the perfect product for you, Chanel's Double Perfection Compact. As with their Double Perfection Fluide foundation (which I use), this leaves a nice soft matte finish without appearing heavy which some compact foundations can do.

Here's a link to the MUA review:
MUA Review: Chanel Double Perfection Compact

and the foundation:
MAFMU240LG.jpg

If you find that it's not right for you, I have a friend who has combination/oily skin and she swears by Shiseido Hydro Liquid Compact

PradaP, thanks for the recommendation and the review :flower:

some people from the MUA review are complaining that the Chanel one is way too powdery and looks very unnatural, which is something I'm afraid of the most (the best thing I like about Diorskin compact is that it's "covering up" without looking like the skin is covered up, some people even asked me if i had foundation on or not). So do you find that problem with this compact (if u are using it)? Anyway, most of the reviews on this one are pretty positive, think I'll give it a try :woot:

my bf's mom has the Shiseido hydro liquid so I tried---it goes on really weird on me, looks weird and feels werid, don't know why :wacko:

Remember that Diorskin is a powder foundation, and because its powder, its not going to stop being foundation, at first the look will be flawless, but you will need pressed powder to touch up, because, remember that Diorskin contain light reflecting microbeads, that gives your skin a nice glow, but sometimes that glow might become Crisco cooking oil looking :lol: ...so, I would suggest Dior light pressed powder, because its very light, nice sheer coverage, and it wont dry up your skin. About matte, Dior never makes matte MATTE foundation, even Dior lift, which is the one with the highest coverage and with the highest amount of talc, its still glowy and reflective, there is no totally matte foundation at Dior. :flower: but I have tried the Chanel Double Perfection Comact, and its quality is superb. :wink:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Dec 1st, 2003 - 4:59 pm
Remember that Diorskin is a powder foundation, and because its powder, its not going to stop being foundation, at first the look will be flawless, but you will need pressed powder to touch up, because, remember that Diorskin contain light reflecting microbeads, that gives your skin a nice glow, but sometimes that glow might become Crisco cooking oil looking :lol: ...so, I would suggest Dior light pressed powder, because its very light, nice sheer coverage, and it wont dry up your skin. About matte, Dior never makes matte MATTE foundation, even Dior lift, which is the one with the highest coverage and with the highest amount of talc, its still glowy and reflective, there is no totally matte foundation at Dior. :flower: but I have tried the Chanel Double Perfection Comact, and its quality is superb. :wink:
yeah, exactly! at first the look is really flawless, so smooth, with a glow. but after hours that nice glow just turn into nasty shine :ninja:
but I feel weird to touch up using pressed powder because what I have on is also powder (well, should say powder foundation, but still a *powder* thing). however, a pressed powder doesn't stay on that well since I don't use liquid foundation.
guess I'll get the Chanel Double Perfection. I tried it on today, pretty good, just one thing I hate is that the compact is HUGE! I prefer the Diorskin case :blush:

That's the thing, Diorskin compact is very...compact! :lol: , what you should try then is buying some oil blotting sheets and touch up whenever you find it necesary... by the way, have you tried Diorlight? I mean, its consistency is lighter than Diorskin, but its a light reflecting foundation, so, its not going to be matte...but because of its low level of consistency, you can use touch up pressed powder without a problem... I dont think that pressed powder is going to make your skin feel builded up while wearing Diorskin... :wink:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Dec 1st, 2003 - 11:40 pm
That's the thing, Diorskin compact is very...compact! :lol: , what you should try then is buying some oil blotting sheets and touch up whenever you find it necesary... by the way, have you tried Diorlight? I mean, its consistency is lighter than Diorskin, but its a light reflecting foundation, so, its not going to be matte...but because of its low level of consistency, you can use touch up pressed powder without a problem... I dont think that pressed powder is going to make your skin feel builded up while wearing Diorskin... :wink:
I do use those sheets and touch up whenever I need to, but the thing is, I really don't want to keep on blotting and touching up, and worrying if my face is dripping oil or something :ninja: This is just weird because I never had oily skin, not even combination skin, especially during winter time! I have no idea what is happening but I do have this problem recently :wacko:
I've never tried Diorlight. Is it a fluid foundation?

Diorlight comes in fluid and powder foundation as well, its super light, and its the sheerest foundations from Dior Beaute, light reflecting and generous coverage. Also, I forgot to mention that Diorskin also comes in a pressed powder version, although is something very similar to the powder foundation, so, you may not like it. Diorskin Eclat Satin is the most recent foundations from Dior, revamping their oh so famous Eclat Satin. Again, its not matte :(

Here u go then, this is the Diorskin pressed powder

P52003_hero.jpg

Eclat Satin

D0428120014973_64deb.jpg

Just wanted to add the loose powder in the new packaging, which I think is gorgeous

D0428117946872_638f5.jpg

Thanks, Alejandro :flower:

I think I've seen the ones you posted in the pictures, but I don't think I've never noticed the Diorlight.
Anyway, just like what you said, there's nothing ever matte matte matte from Dior, so guess I really need to go for something else :P

I got the Chanel Double Perfection Compact yesterday, and had it on today.
I have to say that it's disppointing :cry:
well...the good thing is: comparing to Diorskin compact, this one dose give me a matte finish that actually lasts for quite a while. but it just looks too powdery on, very flat and unnatural. and the color selection is lacking, I prefer my Diorskin color so much better :cry: and the texture of Diorskin is just so much better, really smooth, goes on almost invisible but gives a nice enough coverage for me. the Chanel DPC just makes me look like I'm all covered up by powder!

can somebody recommend me something else, please? a powder foundation that has the same texture and result as Diorskin compact, but has lasting matte finish. or something like that doesn't exist?! :cry:

I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is B) :flower: :heart: . Meaning I hate a lot of coverage and this just goes perfectly smooth and subtle, yet offers coverage.

Also, Laura Mercier's compact foundation is great.

Sofia

Originally posted by ribes@Dec 14th, 2003 - 9:12 am
I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is B) :flower: :heart:
My Dear Sofia where have you been :kiss:

Diorlight, as I told you before MissPurple, is a very sheer, light-reflecting foundation, it doesn't cover up serious imperfections, but if you dont have them, it will look totally radiant and beautiful. Just tone it down with pressed powder, even though Diorlight is Oil Free, is not going to cause any excessive shine. If you are not willing to buy any other product, why don't you try Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus? Is a tinted moisturizer that brings this absolute glow on skin, and it tints it very softly, giving you a radiant look 24-7. If you use it before the Chanel compact, this will counteract the powdery flat look. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->