The Fashion Spot Top 50 Models F.K.A. Top 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
I was bored last week and decided to do my own rankinglist of the best models in the industry. I thought I might as well post it here and I hope that someone will apprecaite my hard work :P Here's what I did, I constructed a point-system which gives the girls a certain ammount of points for a certain job. For instance, a Vogue Italia cover is 40 points and a campaign for Prada with more than one girl would be 35 points, etc etc (if you wanna see the whole point-system, PM me)
So then I decided that the work of the 4 past months should be incorporated, so I looked for every magazine in our Magazines section from August to November, searched for the reviews or scans and see what models are in or on it and then give the girls points. Same for all the F/W 0708 ads and runway showlists. After a LOT of work, I combined the points for August, September, October, November, FW 0708 ads and SS 08 runway and came to the following conclusions for November. For a December list, all the August points will disappear and the December ones will added, etcetera. Oh and I decided to do 75 girls, because 50 girls didn't cover some girls that I thought needed to be on a list such as this one and 100 would've been too much (plus the MDC top 50 has 74 models on the list, so yeah)

I hope this will start some discussion or something...on things that happen to stand out (like Coco is number one and not Gemma or Sasha, or that the highest ranked non-caucasian is ranked at only 41, everyone is Russian, or whatever :P )

PS: A special thanks to Faith for making all the runwaylists she made available to all of us! :D

How the list is made:

Magazinecovers

Vogue US OG: 50
Vogue US MG: 40
W, Numero, V Magazine, Vogue UK, Paris, Italia OG: 40
W, Numero, V Magazine, Vogue UK, Paris, Italia MG : 30
ID Magazine, POP Magazine OG: 30
ID Magazine, POP Magazine MG, Vogue China, Nippon, Russia, Germany: 25
Other Vogue editions OG, French Revue de Modes : 20
Other Vogue editions MG: 15
Other magazines: 15
Supplement covers : magazine’s worth minus 10

Magazine editorials

Numero, V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Italia OG: 30
Numero, V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Italia MG : 25
Vogue US, UK, ID Magazine, POP Magazine, W OG : 25
Vogue US, UK, ID Magazine, POP Magazine, W MG : 20
Other Vogue editions, Other seasonal magazines, Harper’s Bazaar US: 15
Other magazines: 10
Supplement editorials: magazine’s worth minus 10
Multiple editorials in one magazine: 5
Reprints: 5

Beauty or perfume advertisements

L’Oreal, Maybelline, Estee Lauder etc contracts: 50
L’Oreal, Maybelline, Estee Lauder etc ads: 35
High fashion perfume: 30
High fashion beauty: 20
Other brands: 10

Fashion advertisements

Only-girl big high fashion brands: 40
Multi-girl big high fashion brands: 30
Medium high fashion brands: 25
Commercial big fashion brands: 20
Commercial or small high fashion brands: 10
Big commercial brands: 7

Runwayshows

Over 70 shows in one season: 50
Over 60 shows in one season: 40
Over 50 shows in one season: 30
Over 40 shows in one season: 20
Over 30 shows in one season: 10
Over 20 shows in one season: 5
Vicotoria’s Secret: 5
Shows from the big ones*: 5
Opening or closing: 2

Exclusivity

Prada/MiuMiu, Calvin Klein: 20
Photographers: 20
Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc, Balenciaga, Jil Sander: 15
Other brands: 10
Magazines: 10

Other:

Buzz or hype: 15
Paris runway explosion: 10
Style.com or Models.com top ten: 10
Models.com Top 50: 10
Upcoming big time ad, cover or ed: 5

* Big ones per city:

New York:
  • Marc Jacobs
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs
  • Calvin Klein
  • Oscar de la Renta
  • Proenza Schouler
Milan:
  • Prada
  • Jil Sander
  • Gucci
  • Versace
  • Dolce & Gabbana
Paris :
  • Balenciaga
  • Christian Dior
  • Louis Vuitton
  • MiuMiu
  • Chanel
  • Lanvin
  • Givenchy
  • Yves Saint Laurent
  • Alexander McQueen
  • Valentino

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fashion Spot Top 75 November 2007

november75-61.jpg

november60-46.jpg

november45-31.jpg

november30-16.jpg

november15-1.jpg

This is a really cool idea...I agree with mostly everyone on your list except for where you placed Chanel Iman. How can she be beating Angela Lindvall and Julia Stegner?

^ Chanel simply worked more. This is a list that leaves out status and focuses purely on what work the models did. As you can see Doutzen Kroes is ranked at 30, while she is ranked at 3 on the MDC Top 50. She might be a topmodel and one of the biggest of this moment with the Loreal contract, but she barely did any editorial work these past few months for the big magazines. She didn't do any runway as well. So that places her so low. Same with Angela and Julia.

PS this is an objective list...my opinion on these girls has nothing to with it (otherwise it would've completely different, trust me :P

ETA: If your favorite is missing from the top 75, and you want to know where she's ranked then please ask :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just happy my favorite girls made the list. And go Raquel.

frankly though, I am surprised Kim ranked that high. I never see her in editorials

Coco in first place :blink:? Maybe I haven't been keeping up with Coco enough to realize how great it is to see her in first.

Wow, that must have been a lot of work! Great idea and thanks for sharing! :D Looking forward to seeing how the list evolves.

Great initiative and kudos for the hard work!

Great idea, and I'm happy most if my favorite girls are in here.
Just one little thing, Lily D's name is on Gemmas place (#11)

Thanks for all the compliments guys :D

And whoops, I see my mistake as well, Girl Afraid :blush: It is indeed Gemma on spot 11 and not Lily...

Great job, Mr. Dale! This list is very accurate and well-thought out. :smile:

Generally speaking (and I truly don't mean this in an offensive way to you, Mr. Dale), it's a bit sad that there's only one model on the whole list who's black (and she's not even fully black). IMO, it embodies how fashion has such little diversity. :(

Hilary should be lower than Doutzen, who recently did a spread for US Vogue's Fashion Fund Finalists.

No Lily C?

Anouck was number 204 and Lily Cole was 85...

Thanks alot for this Mr-Dale :flower::heart:

A few surprises here and there. I would've have expected Lara Stone to have made it in the top 15 at least. Same with Meghan Collison. Natasha Poly, right now is top 5 material and I have no clue what Siri has done these past 4 months aside from her stellar runway debut....but her placement in the list seems way too high.

^Siri did:

Vogue Germany Sept
V49
Numero 86
Vogue UK November
10 Magazine (cover)
Numero Tokyo November
Muse 9
Vogue Italia October
Vogue Russia November

So...:innocent:

I knew about those and I'm not entirely sure how the point system works but that still doesn't warrant such a high position, especially since almost half of those stints weren't OG editorials :smile:

And I just realised that Coco made it to the top:lol:....my eyes were deceiving me earlier and I thought that Sasha was there instead :shock:

Well, to be honest, almost half of her points were gained because of her runway season. She did over 50 shows, opened and closed 9 shows and did 12 of the 20 shows I considered the biggest which gave her extra points. Also, I gave points for being on the MDC ans style.com new girls list.

Pretty accurate i'd say, whether I like them or not the ones at the top have significantly done a lot more major stuff. Megan collinson is the ugliest chick i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->