The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread #2

I just got back from poland and I was surprised at how many vegetarian and vegan options were actually mentioned in the menus there. It was really nice and along with other 'inspirations' made me want to go vegan. I looked up on this thread documentaries, so far I've watched vegucated, forks over knives, food inc and food matters. It's interesting because they all tacle nutrition in different ways but end up in the same place more or less (and complement each other) (so far my favorites were forks over knives and food matters) I still wish to inform myself on the subject of veganism (so if anyone has other documentaries or books to recommend :-) or even personal stories about their way into it (I have to admit I haven't gone back to read old posts here :-s ) )

Last edited by a moderator:
PCRM (Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine) sponsors a 21-day kickstart that I believe you should be able to find online. It's international ... I remember there's a Chinese version.

i am really into superfood right now. I watched "you are what you eat" the other day and they mentioned it more than once. I bought a book. it´s not that i was´t aware of good food before, but i want to know more and learn more and eat better.

thank you fashionista-ta for your recommendation! :D

myown: yay an other thing to watch! They talk about super foods in food matters, and it's really interesting to hear about health from the perspective of nutritionists instead of medical doctors (I wasn't aware about how different those were)
I took spirulina when I went vegetarian, apparently it's one of the best superfoods out there, I'm pretty excited too because my mom started taking some for the iron, she usually brushes me off when we start talking nutrition (she always treats my being vegetarian as a disorder, I'm not even going to mention the fact I've started 2015 vegan.. ^_^ ). I also tasted goji baies (?) yesterday for the first time, which have as much calcium as milk and a ton of anti oxidants.. I'm still wondering if the high sugar doesn't cancel out in a way the benefits..?

Hello there !
If someone is looking for good documentaries about veganism I have these ones :
Cowspiracy
Earthlings
101 Reasons to be vegan
Gary Y. The best speech you will ever hear

Also you can find good cooking channels on Youtube :
TheVeganCorner (This one is Amazing !)
SomethingVegan
PlantBasedJudy
TheOfficialHungry
TasteMade (Raw. Vegan. Not Gross)

Also I want to share with you guys the youtuber Freelee the Banana Girl who helped a lot of people with health issues. She's a bit on the agressive side but still lovely and passionate about veganism.

Has anyone tried JUST Egg? It's not yet available in my neck of the woods. Neither PCC Community Markets nor New Seasons Markets in the Seattle area carries it but I'm very intrigued!

"It is currently available in Veggie Grill outlets, as well as Flore restaurant in San Francisco and Equinox Restaurant in Washington DC. It is also available at vegan-friendly supermarket and deli chain Green Common in Hong Kong" | July 17, 2018 11:06 AM | plantbasednews.org

UqOG0p7l.png

janky graphic courtesy the JUST website: justforall.com

^^ 3 year old post but I used to see that all the time in LA (Lassen's and WF) and the packaging and price was a turn off for me, cause usually when they put all that energy into image and making it 'exclusive' so to speak, the result is a bit s*itty, especially with vegan stuff, you don't want to experiment in the morning only to end up with fancy-looking liquid tofu, or something like tofu scramble, which I hate.

Well, it's 2021 :lol: and I decided to give it a go and to whoever is curious: it's so much BETTER than eggs. I eat eggs regularly, I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but I would not miss eggs at all if I went vegan and all I had was this. Highly recommended. :zorro:

Cooking time takes a bit longer than what you're used to with eggs by the way, especially an omelette, you can't really move it around cause initially it takes the texture of cheese beginning to burn on a pan but all good if you just let it cook longer at low temperature, it looks and taste just like egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->