Thrift Scores

HBoogie

Procrastinator.
Reaction score
A few months back I found a 60's era Pucci tie in my local thrift store...for one dollar! No one was as excited by the find as I was and I really had no one to share my joy with. But now I do... you guys!

Anyone else care to share great thrift store/vintage store/charity shop/yard sale/flea market/consignment shop finds?

:wink: Not bad... :D

One of my favoritest sweaters ever was USD 1.50 a long while back, and
I still wear it :ninja: :innocent: ... loosely constructed, happy hunter green wool. B)

:blush: I don't visit as often anymore since I seem to
pick up so much online nowadays. Maybe I should :unsure: .

:flower:

Just recently I bought a beautiful dark green velvet jacket from a thrift shop for $4.00. It's quite fitted and seems to be from the 70s. I love it!

Off-topic, but where do they get the clothes for thrit-shops? I always want to go, but then I figure, oh god, it's Ottawa - how many fun things could I possibly find? SO I just go to Winner's when I need a *find*!

I have had such amazing luck finding coats at the Goodwill. So far I have an ivory wrap coat that is made from cashmere and mink (woven into the fabric). The look of a wrap coat is so current right now and I found this one for $2!. I found a faux fur cocktail length coat last winter - it has this huge collar that comes up around my ears and over the weekend I just found this amazing long black cashmere coat with 7/8 sleeves and a perfect mink collar.

I'm obsessed with winter coats for some reason and I live in Northern California!

My best find was a Gucci handbag (circa 1985) that I bought at a friend's garage sale for $10 (came with the orginal dustbag too). The bag is an awkward shape, but one day I'm going to refurbish it.

I've also found little 50s/60s era beaded handbags at consignment shops. Love those bags...they are so feminine and are great to carry for evenings out.

Theres a really good one here in La Jolla that sells Chanel Suits for $300 or $400. They only sell designer things like prada, LV, Gucci, etc. All of the La Jolla socialites go there after the season is over and sell their stuff to the resale shop so everything there is practically new!

I haven't bought anything cause I'm weird about wearing used stuff but it's a really cool store!!

Originally posted by ShadeOfRed@Apr 8th, 2003 - 10:03 am
I always want to go, but then I figure,
oh god, it's Ottawa - how many fun things could I possibly find?
:innocent: You'd probably be surprised by at least one or two things.

LL, unless you're buying your girlfriend's things to
wear out with her later :ermm: , what's the problem? :unsure:

:blush: :lol:

At uni especially, thrift stores are a must. :ninja: They don't take ratty,
nasty things. If you're really scared, have it drycleaned twice. :muscles:

My best find was my BV woven 'folio. It was brand new and only $7.00. :wink: B)

:o
ive found so many things. i havnt been thrift shopping in a while :o

things i have found have included:
gaultier coat -$6 [ looks space age, possibly from the mid 90's]
herve leger dress -$ 1 [ that is from the 80's[??] and looks like a corset]
several fur pieces- llama, fox, mink
patent leather marching band boots -$1.50 [ 70's]
john travolta biograhpy from the 70's- $0.25 [ my "friend" stole it!]
records!!!!
floral upholstery coat - free [rust colored]
leopard fur coat- $28
black corduroy trench coat- $10

Gorgeous tiny houndstooth pattern grey wool pants, Christian Dior and in excellent condition....$4.00. :clap:

Coats & jackets are usually my best finds

3/4 length leopard print coat
Long PVC coat which I 'customised' into a corset-style jacket
Red denim jacket
and my latest find - pink snake-print jacket :heart:

I got an old 60's Chanel coat (think Jacky kennedy) in very good condition for 200 euros!!
Also, I recently bought a MJ sofia for 400 euros!! That was a good deal :D
I get so excited when I got good vintage deals, it's so much more fun!

My best EVER thrift store find was an adorable little evening purse, in black leather...hard to describe the style, but it looked almost like a miniateur doctor's bag, only dressier... :innocent: It cost about 5 euros, I think.

BUT unfortunately it was stolen on a night out :( My keys, wallet, creditcard and cell was in there, but the thing I cried about when I got home was the purse :wacko: :(
I still have my eyes open for it when I go out, I swear if I see someone carrying it... :angry: :evil: :angry:

Handbags and purses is what I find most of in thrift stores, and jackets and coats.

I found this awesome red leather bag at Goodwill for $1.25!! I carry it like everyday, although I have several other bags, one never used, I just can't get enough. I get compliments on it all the time too. :kiss:
I like finding sweaters and t-shirts at thrift stores. :wub: :magic: :mohawk:

I found these amazing silver gypsy style earrings at my favorite vintage shop yesterday. They were only $45 and since I was about to have a pair made for $250 I think I got a bargain! The style is similar to the ones Audrey is wearing.

sabrin01.jpg

Great find, littlered. B) That pic of Audrey is stunning. :heart:

my best thrift store find must be a copy of Leonard Cohen's novel 'Beautiful Losers' which I'd been looking for all over town but hadn't been able to find. And there is was, in all its 1,25 euro glory... B)

my yesterday's finds in charity easter bazaar

*a fantastic obi-style japanese silk belt for 2 euros
*a bright bright grass green 'colette' italian leather -'80s 25x20cm, long stap- bag in excellent condition (probabbly never used-still in its fabric bag) for 3 euros
*a great, big black ceramic plate with hand painted details for 5 euros
*a chunky real crystal 'murano' ashtray in blue - so early 60s- for 5 euros

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->