Tom Ford : Life after Gucci #2

Beyonce was indeed there... wearing a gold dress. Expected.

These tweets are killing me. I want to have a glimpse of his dresses so badly.

WAIT
Liya Kebede, Lauren Hutton, Natalia Vodianova, Lou Doillon and Joan Smalls, with Terry Richardson shooting them all on the runway.
so.... there are gonna be photos of this. somewhere. omg!

@derek blasberg

Hate that celebrities modeled the clothes. HATE IT!

Are we going to see pictures of the collection BTW?

^ OMG no Tom nooooooo!!
Freja, Natasha, Sasha, Karlie, Lara they must be in Tom Ford!

I can't believe we have to wait until January to see the collection. That's just cruel. And I can't really envisage how it looks from the tweets.

i'm frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog in anticipation, but doesn't it feel better this way?

why is everyone bothered about celebrities wearing the clothes? its who we are going to see wearing them in magazines and on the red carpets in the end anyway.

besides, beyonce and victoria won't even go to mailbox without wearing designer. they are the ultimate clients for this.

I absolutely hate whoever started the Gemma rumor. It was cruel. Modeling hasn't been the same since she left it.

Tom Ford’s Very Small, Glamorous Show
By CATHY HORYN
When you’re Tom Ford, and you’ve been away from women’s fashion for six years, more than likely you’ve thought a great deal about your return, perhaps even plotted it down to the last buttonhole. That was the feeling imparted by Mr. Ford’s extraordinary show tonight, held in his men’s store on Madison Avenue before an audience of perhaps 100 editors. He had thought out every detail of the clothes and accessories, not least the kind of women whose glamour and personalities would express his ideas about dressing.

Mr. Ford narrated the show, with a touch of camp, calling out the name of each woman and then giving a lively, detailed description of her outfit. Though there had been rumors that Julianne Moore and some other well-known women would be in the show, I don’t think anyone in the audience expected such a dazzling cast. In addition to Ms. Moore, he had Beyonce Knowles, Emmanuelle Seigner, Lauren Hutton, Rita Wilson, Rachel Feinstein, Marisa Berenson, Daphne Guinness, Lisa Eisner, Farida Khelfa, Lou Doillon, as well as quite a few supers, including Joan Smalls, Liya Kebede, Amber Valletta, Daria Werbowy, and Stella Tennant.

Each looked sensational, and as individual as she could be. Asked if she had to think twice about being in the show, Ms. Knowles said afterward, as the models and guests poured onto the narrow runway, “Absolutely not!” She laughed. “Look at these clothes.”

They were the height of glamour — sharp pantsuits in black silk or a leopard pattern, gorgeous black evening clothes with sheer blouses, corsets and maybe a shrug in shredded tulle, impeccable details like hammered gold jewelry, stilettos with ankle ties and seamed black stockings. The style was recognizably Tom Ford, chic and womanly, and with that big-time sense of fashion that one sees less and less of today on the runways.

The women each looked sensational and individual

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->