Tony Ward

Schön Magazine #9

tonyp0.jpg

premiermodels

^ haha! our man is on fire, I swear he looks better in every shot I see of him.

Tony Ward for Schon by Dimitris Theocharis

ohlalamag

TONY WARD FOR SCHON MAGAZINE by DIMITRIS THEOCHARIS

ohlalamag

Personally (and as a fan of Mr Ward's in general) I find this pretty adolescent. Male models masturbating in fashion mags? C'mon guys....
Otherwise I actually like the edit...
It looks as if he's doing his impersonation of Terry Richardson.
I much prefer David Gandy's. JMO.

I chose to be more tactful :smile: my favorite male model of time in my favorite womenswear designer of all time :smile: I think I'm in heaven. Is it weird I knew the suit was Tom Ford before I saw the credit?

Oh and as for it being immature... or adolescent. To be entirely honest I think the entire edit is built on an old homosexual stereotypical fantasy. The whole cowboy thing... I did think the shot of the actual... uhm... his you know... was a bit much though. Then again I've been told I'm a prude at heart.(probably why I couldn't go through with the butt cheeks)

Oh and as for it being immature... or adolescent. To be entirely honest I think the entire edit is built on an old homosexual stereotypical fantasy. The whole cowboy thing... I did think the shot of the actual... uhm... his you know... was a bit much though. Then again I've been told I'm a prude at heart.(probably why I couldn't go through with the butt cheeks)

Oh, markese91, I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning you in particular.:blush: Just my opinion of the one shot. Your take on the stereotypical homosexual fantasy is probably dead on!
I actually think your idea of the butt-cheeks is quite cute!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm not so surprised at seeing this from Tony. It's not the first time and some of his most famous images he's completely nude. I agree with what markese91 said, but personally I love Tony's penchant for shocking us with blatant nudity. He's obviously not afraid to go there and I almost expect it at this point.

oh wait no I didn't take it personally lol I was talking about in general... lol and I mean if I were a bit more daring I'd probably do it... but I'm not :/ I mean I posted the edit on my tumblr minus the butt shot... and the... erhm... other shot that rimes with butt.

wow, this editorial is fantastic....far far away from the Terry R. style...it is stylish, sexy, fashionable and not shocking at all! After all fashion magazines are not mant to be looked at by children, so i see nothing wrong with the concept of this beautiful editorial...Tony did much harder stuff on other editorials, which were rather sexual....the only shot that is more sexual from the new editorial is the one where he seems to be jerking off, but this image is rahter funny and not so sexual, although you see balls and even part of the penis...all men have one...and female nudity is so strongly present everywhere and nobody is shocked by it, so why do we still have to be shocked by male nudity?
I posed for an editorial today and i did similar things:wink:) I wish i had seen Tony's editorial before doing my job today, because i would have felt much more inspired...and confident...but now I will have these in mind for my next shoot:wink:)lol

I do feel like it was a little Terry R-esque besides the lighting and in regards to children not supposed to be looking at fashion magazine... I got into fashion at age 9. So I'm not sure how that's supposed to hold true. If you want to get particularly "technical" we're supposed to be selling clothes... it's a fashion editorial. So the shot is really unneeded.

All in all though Mr. Ward to me has become more than a model which is why he can get away with these things unscathed. Put that in any mainstream editorial though and it'll get more backlash than Manet's "Luncheon on the Grass"

here is maybe my most favorite photo of Tony Ward(and Linda Evangelista) ever! The first on the left...so iconic and timeless!!! All the pics are from the 2 books: 10 years Dolce&Gabbana and 20 years Dolce&Gabbana, scanned by me:
2lscidy.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana Menswear S/S 11 by Steven Klein

sandfashionblog

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->