Tory Burch F/W 12.13 New York

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
It was an amusing theme for the first show on Valentine’s Day: the proper girl who always falls for the bad guy. It proved a sound starting point for Tory Burch’s collection, which the designer delivered with a subtle hand. Her woman continues to be polished, but this season, Burch added an underlying sexiness to the lineup, with body-conscious silhouettes often nipped at the waist — still a little prim, but also seductive. The theme was extended into accessories for framed handbags with plastic floral paillettes and tortoise chains, some which swung a bit Marni. There was plenty of romance, too, i.e., a ruched chiffon dress and a top with an organza appliqué teamed with a tweed skirt. Burch also played with touches of men’s wear, most notably in a houndstooth motif she used for a sequined dress, as well as hand-painted leather jackets and plaid pants. The latter pieces added some edge — a savvy move, considering some people are trying to nip at her ballet flats.

wwd.com
tory-burch01.JPG
tory-burch02.JPG
tory-burch03.JPG
tory-burch04.JPG

tory-burch05.JPG

tory-burch06.JPG

IDK what it is, but... a lot of this reminds me of Louis Vuitton. Call me crazy, but it looks like a sad little LV collection. It's nice and all, but come on...

I really like this. It's all wearable, feminine, and such beautiful colors...

I guess I don't get the "falling for a bad guy" part of the theme; it just seems very "proper girl". Are we still supposed to believe leather is edgy? I think I would like the collection better if I didn't read the top part because I don't see it.

I love the soundtrack also, what the name of the song in the beginning of the show?`

I always underestimated the label, but this is too gorge.
Some of the first pieces reminded me of Nina Ricci.

i didn't think of Nina Ricci or LV at all, but the tweed and certain cuts are very Chanel :lol:

Very european for me. That explains how I felt a LV vibe. Think Lindeberg said it right.

A little too much "pretty" (the first part of the show was almost mawkish to me, lol), but there are some good pieces here nevertheless. I like when she "sleeks" and darkens it up more toward the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->