Trends You Are Sick Of...

Thread Manager

Retired
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]116701[/split]

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
girls dressed like we were in the 90s ... I think this is very 2013. Ahahah ...
i see sooo many of them in the Lower East Side.

oh and i forgot the girls and boys (they are never over 25yrs old) wearing lumberjack/tartan shirts around their hips.

yes! i see that styling repeated so many times... usually the girls pair it with a commercially distressed band t-shirt, denim short shorts, and tights... same with guys but with ripped skinny jeans.

Why, oh why won't crop tops just die out already? Even in October! I'm just so bored seeing it on everyone. And the worst part is that most of the girls/women who wear them are just sheep who would've laughed at the trend a few years ago. :neutral:

- Something very prominent in Paris is the "Kanye West look" I mean the all package : leather pants, black or white sweater with the t-shirt worn under showing and red sneakers. Not to forget the (fake) gold chain and the cap. This look is ok but seeing all guys adopting the trend without giving it some personality is just depressing.

- I also agree about the 90's please just stop ! Dyed denim and hair, rainbow-coloured plastic jewelry and crop tops though I have nothing against crop tops except if its part of a 90's inspired look. :yuk:

- Other than that Paris is very pleasant for eyes, many different styles out there.

^I actually like the man bun.
But I agree with the 90's trend. Horrible back in the day, still horrible.
I hate the return of the Stan Smiths. It's just a phase. Same thing happened with the new balance. Everywhere for a few months and then gone.

The "man bun", or more specifically an undercut in a bun.:yuk:

oh yeah i despise this !!!
so many men/boys do this - these with enough long hair.

| but i must say if the guy is manly enough, almost spanish macho kind of guy this is pretty sexy. like a flamenco guy. |

^ :lol:..

I would say the same but there's a guy at work (he's beautiful) that's kind of feminine and pulls this one off. I can't say I'm sick of this trend yet, I love it on guys. :ninja:

- people being pedantic about head to toe black, you can tell when someone's a natural, and you can tell when someone's a contrived fashion victim crafting carefully an all black image every morning and looking so calculated it's almost boring to even wonder what's going on in his/her head. Fake all-black looks, hate them!

My wardrobe is 95% black so I hope I don't cone off as a "fake all black" wearer :lol: I truly just have an affinity for black and not just in clothes.

OVER seeing Stan Smiths.

This is more of a runway trend, but I am tired of indigo in menswear.

90s style was generally awful then, and is even worse now.

^ people say i dress very 90s or that i dress like a yoga teacher when im at work, wearing head to toe black (the merrells/ danskos don't help).

yes the man bun trend does seem more prevalent (at least in Seattle) but i''m ok with it. the girlier, more feminine the man the better! :P

Also for me, I must say the combat boots and army trench combo. It's been in for 2 years now, and almost every girl at my college wears it. I much prefer riding boots, as they give more freedom to wear whatever leggings I want, and they suit me well.

^Look at the bright side; as long as everyone is wearing combat boots, you won't look like a fashion victim in your (flattering) riding boots:wink:

In my experience, only men with curly hair wears man buns, and they usually use a lot of grease to slick it back at the same time:( Can't say I have seen a man in real life pull it off yet.

In my experience, only men with curly hair wears man buns, and they usually use a lot of grease to slick it back at the same time:( Can't say I have seen a man in real life pull it off yet.

Let us enjoy some time without hair in our face, life with curls is hard enough. -_-
Sidenote: I don't use any grease and don't wear my hair like that outside of the house unless I'm on vacationer extremely lazy.

You don't need to tell me, I have HUGE curly hair^_^ My hair goes in a bun when I get home before I can even take of my shoes. But why grease...

Girls with those weird plucked thin brows, just two unharmonic lines. I see so many girls at my college, young girls..it reminds me of the tasteless 90's area
(somehow, hard to explain). How can people do this to theirself?! :D Go natural.

Im sick of neon colored fabrics, statement tees, people that are dressed from head to toe in hollister :D:lol: and pastel-coloured pants for men.

^The same with girls at my college with the 90s look. I go to a school fully submerged in the"hipster culture" and the uniform is basically an army jacket and combat boots. What's so funny is they all think they're unique when in actuality, they're conformists. :lol: I stand out in my riding boots, but I don't care, I love them.. they're versatile with my wardrobe B)

^I think that is the sign of a true hipster... No offence, truly; I consider myself one. Everybody wearing the same and being "unique":lol:

However, regarding drawn on eyebrows etc: bad taste is not a trend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->