Trends You Are Sick Of...

More of a beauty trend..but can we retire that excess contouring with our make-up skills? Please.

Guys wearing logo belts - Gucci, Hermes and Salvatore Ferragamo are ones making most of the rounds.

Tattoos, fake or real - it's getting out of hand now....

I think it was already posted it, I think, but I really dislike how some women have been putting highlighter on their cupid's bow. It looks so weird and it's honestly quite distracting.

I think it was already posted it, I think, but I really dislike how some women have been putting highlighter on their cupid's bow. It looks so weird and it's honestly quite distracting.

Same...sometimes they'll go overboard and have that "snot running down my lips" look SO SEXY:lol:
Also hate when they apply too much contour. If ya'll don't already have sculpted cheekbones you'll just look the same, but with dirt on your sides; a little goes a long way!

My first impressions were either they had a runny nose, or that they were a tad sloppy applying their lipgloss, or that they had a greasy lunch and didn't wipe their mouth...

Terrible makeuping.

the shoulder hole thing...

I get what you mean, the cold shoulder tops. I assume those are for conservative girls who want to show off a little skin.
I don't think it looks very attractive...

Last edited by a moderator:
cold shoulder top?
is that the marketing name for them...? OK...yeah, that's them...

over the summer i sat in central park with my parents and watched all the tourists go by...
it was a parade of every variation on the theme that you can think of...

my mom and i started playing a game to spot them but we couldn't keep it up...
there were too many...
we gave up!!!

example-
if there were 5 girls, 4 of them would have some version of it...
so crazy and bizarro...
:lol:...

and it was all ages and all nationalities...
some were clearly suburban moms and some were teens and all different languages and skin colours...
pervasive is the word that comes to mind...

sheep is another word...
:ninja:

I was kidding, softgrey. Not sure if that came across! I knew what you meant:flower:

Maybe not a trend in that sense, but I am seriously tired of looking at bikin bottoms stuffed so far up the bum they could just as well be gone :blink: I keep having to mark all these ***es of my instagram newsfeed... Put some real damn clothes on :rofl:

Oh and this 80s trend... plz go away now :yuk:

I'm tired of seeing the light blue & white stripes pattern everywhere. I've seen hundreds of variations of the same blouse or dress-shirt with shoulder cut-outs and ruffles since 2015...I was hoping for them to die out this year but summer is here again and it doesn't seem like they are leaving any time soon.

I originally loved those front knot-dresses (the ones that make it seem as if you are wearing a bra and a skirt of the same color/pattern) but the ads keep shoving them down my throat and I feel I will be tired of them by the end of the year :(

Maybe not a trend in that sense, but I am seriously tired of looking at bikin bottoms stuffed so far up the bum they could just as well be gone :blink: I keep having to mark all these ***es of my instagram newsfeed... Put some real damn clothes on :rofl:

Oh and this 80s trend... plz go away now :yuk:

Count me in! It normally comes paired with an arched back to make the bum appear bigger than it is. Very tacky.

I've been into the turtleneck tucked into pleated trousers trend all winter but now it's everywhere!

Oh and I'm already tired of the tropical printed loose hanging shirt and it'll be way bigger this summer.
Vans - hate them.
Pegged trousers.
Trasher hoodies worn by the fashion set.

People who think bad manners is showing how strong, assertive or how " edgy " they are.

I have so many new additions...where to start:
-Cheesy 80's inspired athletic sweatshirts and t-shirts (just why?) which takes me to...
-Dress pants with contrasting stripes sewn on the sides, I guess Gucci is to blame for this one but please NO!
-Hawaiian shirts or 90's inspired ones
-Caps with cringey things written on them

athleisure and sports clothing

brexit

pretending to look at your phone

"supreme"

the word "bacon" on everything

4ADB143B00000578-0-Comfy_The_Jenner_beauty_teamed_her_low_key_look_with_simple_whit-m-2_1522957424087.jpg

I've a few...

Teeny-tiny sunglasses. They don't even block out the sun properly! I know, fashion over function etc etc, but come on. You can't wear them comfortably when the sun's out – like, properly out – surely?

Triple S sneakers. They sell out immediately where I work, every single time a new load of stock comes in, and I never understand why. They're so grim, in every colourway.

Valentino Rockstuds! The upcoming additions to the Valentino Garavani accessories range present even more ways (who knew?!) to ruin perfectly fine leather with these awful pyramid embellishments. Stuck under the heel, for example...

Finally, if shorts become a big 'thing' again in womenswear, which I think they will v soon, I'm out. Sooooo out.

One that's only become more absurd as time gone by: The cult around Raf Simons...

White chunky sneakers. And special mention to white reeboks. Is it still 2014? I don't think so, so get them out of my face trend whores... (super forgiving if we're talking girls around 13-17, they get a pass because they're discovering trends and that's cute!)

THAT Ozzie dress. So 2016..

Hoop earrings.

That tight middle part low bun, especially when wearing any of the above.

Smug ironic junk like fanny packs, tacky Versace/D&G/Gucci logos.. why not have some actual sense of humor and if you want to be eccentric and creative, then be eccentric and creative instead of channeling ig-induced irony and spontaneity when in any given walk around the corner you'll run into 4-7 peeps dressed exactly like you and proving you the opposite..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"