UK Elle October 2018 : Selena Gomez by Mariano Vivanco

That'll certainly stand out on the newsstand.

I feel it's been so long since I've seen a UK magazine choosing to look so bold, that I don't have anything else to say, other than I want to see how well this works in the store.

looks quite dated and my eyes are hurting because of these crazy colours...

Colours are perfect and striking, but I really cannot get past the hair. And the entire cover looks like those old romanticised paintings of children.

Yikes. I hate we’ve got her on the UK cover too as well as the US. For me this is just awful, her face looks so bizarre and unlike what it actually does in real life due to some odd photoshopping.

Well i presume she must be quite famous in the US to get so many covers and contracts, but I would be hard pressed to find someone of my acquaintances that even heard of her, I do not see much mainstream appeal. It's an harmless cover, maybe the colours will appeal to people.

Selena getting a global ELLE deal. Impressive.

Subscriber cover.

Source: ELLEUK. COM

subs-1536137499.jpg

I will never understand how celebs with the best resources available can't get decent hair extensions, like for instance Britney Spears. It almost looks like a wig, it's distracting.

Jeez, Anne-Marie Curtis sure is watering down the design with the unveiling of each and every issue. The magazine's basically back to square one in terms of mediocrity but from what I've heard it has undergone another slight shift in design, inside the issue.

Selena getting a global ELLE deal. Impressive.
Ugh! Beyonce, Rihanna, Selena... I guess these global deals are the only way for Elle to score big names.

We definitely got the better end of the deal with this cover story compared to the US! I actually like the cover here with the red background. Not looking forward to the tacky editorial though

Its a shame the design has been 'watered down'. The first redesign issue with Cara felt exciting. Now its just boring standard womens magazine cover lines and cover design with what looks like the old font and a bit of that lovely new nice font.

I guess it isn't selling well.

What amplify this design is the images. The images must be modern and somewhat slick. The Australian edition also follows this design and their covers almost always looks better because they go for uber modern and minimalist images.

Didn't know this was a global Elle deal.....

There's a subscriber's cover with Maisie Williams, but it's a weird collage of shots of her lying on some grass.

I actually really like this cover. The layout isn't very good but I like everything else.

Her hair looks weird. It looks like a misplaced wig.

The subscriber cover tigerrouge referring to, Maisie Williams by Rebekah Campbell, styling by Felicity Kay.

Source @felicitykay Instagram.

41073937_10155947664018031_8249242998508879872_n.jpg

There are interviews with Alexandra Shipp, Maisie Williams, Zadie Smith, while Tina Brown and Tavi Gevinson talk about keeping diaries. Flicking through it, I loved this issue, it's full of colour, lots to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->