UK Vogue December 2010 : Emma Watson by Mario Testino

I am not being funny but how is Georgia May a supermodel of a decade she just basically started... and also who is Edie Campbell? I am surprised not to see Karen Elson in this editorial or someone more relevant...

who the heck is Edie Campbell? I had to google her just to make sure I'm not missing out on some iconic supermodel that I'd never heard of. all to find out she's like a brand new model! lmao some of these girls missed the mark. I agree about Karen and would have added Gisele and Isabeli

Gorgeous cover! Emma looks amazing. I'm not a fan of all the text though. It's too much.

I do kind of like that weird "Stardust" text at the bottom. It's different. I like it.

I love the Star girls ed! I can't wait to see the rest of Emma's. :smile:

although, i do find kate moss is starting to look a bit too old for very very close shots such as the one she's got in 'star girls'

I don't understand why, in my opinion, she generally looks decent in close up candid shots but looks like hell in close up editorial shots these days. I just don't get it.

Hmm, that's the best they could do with Karlie? And I think Carmen looks a little tired, which is so sad because I adore her. Meanwhile, Angela... :heart:. The woman can do no wrong! I'm loving this issue, cover and all.

Nice cover, but i don't like the Emma's hair cut.

The "Star Girls"' ed is amazing, Daria looks gorgerous. :heart:

I wasn't expecting the cover to be this good! I really dislike Emma's new haircut, but it looks really good here. And the cover is perfect for the time of the year.
The issue itself looks amazing aswell. So excited to see Siri and her ed looks very good so far. And also really love Star Girls, I agree that some models are not supers yet, and I would have loved to see some other girls but I don't want to complain as it's a really good editorial.

who the heck is Edie Campbell? I had to google her just to make sure I'm not missing out on some iconic supermodel that I'd never heard of. all to find out she's like a brand new model! lmao some of these girls missed the mark. I agree about Karen and would have added Gisele and Isabeli

Gosh of course Gisele! I totally forgot about her... she certainly is the biggest supermodel of the decade so I don't know... the list could go on and on... I don't see why Raquel should not be there as well... or Malgosia...

I don't agree re-Karlie, I know she has not been working for so long and honestly, she is not my favourite at all, but at least the girl had big covers and massive campaigns... and countless editorials...

I think it is one of these silly Vogue UK editorials... I don't think Alexandra cares much as long as Kate is featured...;-)

from the 90's supers I would certainly include Christy because she had big campaigns and covers... I would think of Kristen as well even though she's been active for last two years and not much happened during the rest of the decade but when you have someone like Eddie Campbell I can't see why not...

Anyway the good thing is that some pictures are really good... but for me Testino's work has been uber boring for the last 10 years...

^ But Poly hasn't done that much Vogue UK work has she? It's Vogue UK's biased list of their favourites.

I agree that Malgosia should have been there and Gisele and maybe Raquel too, but not the 90s supers like Claudia or Christy. It's meant to be a list of supermodels of the decade, so it should be girls who really peaked during the 00s or defined the 00s in some way, because of their look (like Gemma, and don't shoot me, but also maybe Agyness). I guess that is why Kate is there, because her career sky-rocketed this decade, whereas the other 90s supers' work this decade is really just a continuation of their careers.

And I too find Testino's work really boring. If you're going to shoot a supermodel portfolio, let us have Demarchelier or someone like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ But Poly hasn't done that much Vogue UK work has she? It's Vogue UK's biased list of their favourites.

I agree that Malgosia should have been there and Gisele and maybe Raquel too, but not the 90s supers like Claudia or Christy. It's meant to be a list of supermodels of the decade, so it should be girls who really peaked during the 00s or defined the 00s in some way, because of their look (like Gemma, and don't shoot me, but also maybe Agyness). I guess that is why Kate is there, because her career sky-rocketed this decade, whereas the other 90s supers' work this decade is really just a continuation of their careers.

And I too find Testino's work really boring. If you're going to shoot a supermodel portfolio, let us have Demarchelier or someone like that...

I actually completely agree with you... as much as I love supers their careers have just continued...
I can't stand Agyness but agree, she should have been there for the reasons you've mentioned...
Well, Kate Moss should have been there definitely especailly because of her strong bond with the magazine and excessive number of covers and editorials...
I think Guinevere or Missy Rayder should have been there too... even though I am dead bored of them...

And I would have seen Liya more than for example Lily as a "supermodel of the decade"...

Come on guys, of course they couldn't include everyone, each magazine has it's favorites and of course they would feature them. Maybe they wanted more but other models were busy...
Though, I agree that Karlie shouldn't be there, and that Eddie, I've just heard about her.
And if we talk about about last decade, it's a BIG SHAME they don't have Gisele in this ed.

Overall I like most part of the ed, especially Kate, Naomi, Daria & Sasha's pics. Huge thanks for scanning gossiping.

Gisele should've added in the list as well if u're talking about Star Girls she definitely should make it. Too bad..

I got these from Vogue UK website, soon2be at Pottershots and businessoffashion website..

Vogue UK also launched their iPad app this month in conjuction with the December issue.. In the last photo, you can see a snapshot of almost all the photoshoots/eds in this issue.. From businessoffashion website:

BoF: What does the app include in terms of content?

Alexandra Shulman: There is a complete version of the December 2010 issue of the magazine, which is a star-themed issue: star models, star signs, Hollywood stars, that sort of thing.

The cover of the app is the same as the magazine, but a button appears that links to a little behind-the-scenes movie that Mario Testino’s team made of his shoot with Emma Watson. There are several behind-the-scenes videos of different elements of Vogue shoots, including a how-to video with Lisa Eldridge that list the make-up products used in one of the shoots.

The ‘Fashion Player’ takes our fashion shoots and enhances them, turning them into multi-sensory experiences with music and moving images.

And, there is also ‘Vogue Shops’ which takes all the front-of-book and back-of-book content that’s not in fashion shoots and sorts it by product type. At the moment, it does not actually link out to shopping sites or our own fashion shop, but this could happen in the future.

Sounds like a pretty good issue for Vogue UK, the cover is really lovely an the Star Girl editorial totally convinced me.

oh nooooooooooooo she was just a sex bomb with long hair but now......don't like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->