UK Vogue October 2008 : Kate Moss by Mario Testino

Its not Kates fault. She has no control over the styling, hair, makeup nor is she responsible for choosing which photos go in the magazine.

Its funny; when its a great shot praise is heaped upon the photographer but when its a bad shot then everyone blames the model!

Okay, I really dont mind Kate Moss been on the cover, there is just something about her that I love. She never bores me, or anything. I'm so pleased it isn't a celeb on the cover :censored:

Honestly. Kate on Britsh Vogue. SHOCK! It's enough to make me turn my back on any interest in fashion. There are other models in the world Alexandra you know.

Its not Kates fault. She has no control over the styling, hair, makeup nor is she responsible for choosing which photos go in the magazine.

Its funny; when its a great shot praise is heaped upon the photographer but when its a bad shot then everyone blames the model!

I agree. In my opinion, Kate can still do amazing work, as in Interview September´s editorial and cover, or her editorial in the last W September. But I can´t talk, I always love to see Kate in the magazines, no matter what, it´s always exciting to see her. I´m not very objective. :rolleyes:

I'd have thought that Kate is one of the models who do have some say in their shoots - if she's working with people she's long-time friends with, the whole process might be one of them 'working together' to achieve the outcome, rather than photographer-directs-girl.

And if she's working with people she doesn't know so well, or who are less-established in the business, they may even rely on her input to achieve a good result, given her experience.

I have no doubt she's a total pro; no matter what I think of this-or-that photoshoot, she's a truly remarkable model.

agree she is remarkable model... maybe even the best ever... but all these friendships really... testino/moss, meisel/evangelista... I think fashion is more something for inspiration rather then for testing longlivity of friendships or companionships... she looks good in this ed... but her face... sometimes I think that one day I open my law books and I see her face instead of some prominent philosopher or a lawyer... bit overdose dudus... I would like some surprises rather than perfections without an inspiration...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly. Kate on Britsh Vogue. SHOCK! It's enough to make me turn my back on any interest in fashion. There are other models in the world Alexandra you know.
Drama queen :P

Karen's editorial

scanned by me

I like both eds, set in Kate's ed looks cool, and Karen's ed is beautiful, love the mood!

thanks DiamondSea!!!

agree she is remarkable model... maybe even the best ever... but all these friendships really...

I agree with this... But, Times are tough, economically speaking and they are going to get tougher, especially for Britain... So, everyone is playing it safe. Guess this may mean...more Kate covers?! Ouch!

I still maintain that September's cover image came from that photoshoot, the digital noodling in the main series isn't enough to persuade me that they're two different sittings... though I'm feeling like the Cassandra of tfs.

Okay, I really dont mind Kate Moss been on the cover, there is just something about her that I love. She never bores me, or anything. I'm so pleased it isn't a celeb on the cover :censored:

My thoughts exactly :flower: To be honest, I wasn't a huge Kate fan until very, very recently but I've grown to appreciate and love her work. It's a lovely editorial and it goes to show you why editors keep on coming back to her. Thank you so much, vogue28 and DiamondSea for the preview and scans!

Last edited by a moderator:
i love kate but there's one thing i don't like about her ed - her face looks almost the same in every shot, which makes it a bit boring because the mood is already very 'static'. but i love the styling! the gaultier top with the union jack trousers is a brilliant combo. as well as the valentino dress with the studded biker jacket. and the givenchy feathered coat is amazing.

Karen's ed is amazing :heart:
I love Kate's ed as well, it's not as boring as the cover. It's quite great, actually!

Can't wait to get this issue!
Thank you both, DiamondSea & vogue28 :flower:

I absolutely love Karen's ed! So magical!:woot::heart: Her red hair just shines out in the ed! Beautiful!
Thanks for the scans!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->