US Elle October 2018 : Selena Gomez by Mariano Vivanco

The covers somehow looks so dated and not in a good way.. the hair perhaps?

It looks very dated. Especially the first cover.

I like the first cover because of the Elle Italia vibes but the styling and her expression is quite meh imo (is she wearing lingerie?!).

Subscriber cover 2.

Source: Email from Hearst MagazinesOct Cover - Sub 2.jpg

That hair is a no! A very big no!

Oh wow, the hair ruined everything. And she's going back into her child pageant vibes with this shoot after Meisel made her look so age-appropriate for Coach. I like the 3rd cover because you can't see her face. I'm guessing the 'break the silence' bit would be about her exes, but I'd like to hear about her kidney donor friend whom she 'mistakenly' left out a tribute.

In terms of prestige, Nina Garcia's cover stars to date are all hyperfamous and polarising. No riff raff like Kesha (sorry MDNA!) You are the company you keep, after all. Not a fan of half of the women, but if sh continue in this vein it will make US Elle sought after, at least in terms of celebs and the like.

Nothing will ever top her Vogue cover, nothing! It was hot and very original. A favorite amongst our members (myself included). Elle however, rarely takes risks and this is very safe. Nina got off to a very strong start but these past two issus are not authentic. First we had LV and Emma and now Coach and Selena. It’s far too early in her tenure to sell out to the advertisers. Let me guess, next month will be Jennifer Lawrence in Dior? :stuart:

Editorial.

Source: Email from Hearst Magazines

SG1.jpg SG2.jpg SG3.jpg SG4.jpg SG5.jpg SG6.jpg

SG1.jpg

It's actually not a bad shoot entirely! There's just something in each and every shot which, if changed, may have resulted in it looking way better than it does now. Direct eye contact in shots 3, 4, 5 & 6 for starters.

Thanks for posting, Amby! :smile:

Yikes! Does she need that much retouching? Come on

Too soon. They revealed their september cover like 2 weeks ago...

The covers somehow looks so dated and not in a good way.. the hair perhaps?

For me, it's reminiscent of Elle Macpherson's feathered haircut from issues in the 80s, with a bit of Talisa Soto and Roberta Chirko thrown in (see below, Aug 87, Gilles Bensimon, ourbrowncounty.com).

But I like the way the magazine is drawing on its cover archive. Those 80s covers were very colourful and vibrant, full of fit women getting outdoors and having fun.

download.jpg

She doesn’t look herself in these shots. I can’t say I’m a huge fan anyway, but she’s definitely photographed better than this previously. She looks puffy and overly Photoshopped to me? That teamed with the fact it’s an entirely phoned in concept and shoot does not make for anything even close to interesting.

haha the hair..

also laughable the "sensual bombshell Selena Gomez".. it's positive that she, or anyone, feels that way, but she doesn't look that way and certainly doesn't sell any of that.. no body, allure, charm, mystery, annoying face. Instead of trying to sell Monica Bellucci meets Shania Twain in the 90s, she should continue catering to her 13-14 year old fanbase, who find her stunning and can't get enough of her never-silent personal life..

I actually don't think its that bad, The only major issue to me with it is the annoying retouching,

I don't like the first cover, the hair extensions look obvious, hence cheap but it also looks like an ad for a shampoo funnily enough.
And it doesn't look like today's Selena, looks like a 10 year old pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->