US Harper's Bazaar October 2018 : Zoe Kravitz by Camilla Akrans

Love these covers. She's a refereshing cover choice for Bazaar and I do love how fresh and untouched the cover looks. Almost very Allure and Vanity Fair which might be a nice direction for Bazaar to give it a unique and updated look, to finally make it look like it is still not stuck in 2003! It really hasn't evolved under Glenda, where as Vogue and Elle are continuing to mature and try new things.

Got this in the mail today. 238 pages

Review:

Same beauty ed as in October Marie Claire. Same pics, text, ads, everything

The main editorial section "Match Point" is presented by L'Oreal (at least they don't hide it) and features "women photographed by women unretouched"

"Well-Suited"
P: Camilla Akrans
S: Patrick Mackie
M: Mayowa Nicholas

"Intelligent Design"
P: Alice Holloway
S: Cassie Anderson
Gabriela Hearst

"A Fashion Love Story"
Mickalene Thomas
S: Nicole Chapoteau
Racquel Chevremont

"Natural Beauty"
P: Yulia Gorbachenko
S: Joanna Hillman
M: Lala Olsson

"Monumental Women"
P: Elizaveta Porodina
S: Cassie Anderson
Makeup: Trina Merry
M: Cordelia Dietrich, Jessica Fennix, Coco Mitchell, Zaira Gonzalez
The models posed as NYC statues of Amelia Earhart, Aure Lorde, Frida Kahlo, and Sojourner Truth

By the way, I received a completely different cover in the mail. It was the 6th image.

By the way, I received a completely different cover in the mail. It was the 6th image.
Do you mean the one where she's running towards us, or the shot where it looks like she's losing a fight with a large amount of white toilet roll?

Wow! Give credit where it's due. This looks stunning. One of the best Bazaar covers I've seen in years!

Do you mean the one where she's running towards us, or the shot where it looks like she's losing a fight with a large amount of white toilet roll?
Actually I was mistaken its the one after the one where she's losing the fight with a toilet role :P

I like that shot - she looks like a Greek goddess of hunting.

There’s another newsstand cover available with a gold foiled Bazaar masthead and matching fonts, with a slightly different layout too. The gold does look far better and more expensive than the hot pink fonts, and complements the shot of Zoe.

For anyone in New York, Casa Magazines has copies of the gold cover!

There’s another newsstand cover available with a gold foiled Bazaar masthead and matching fonts, with a slightly different layout too. The gold does look far better and more expensive than the hot pink fonts, and complements the shot of Zoe.

For anyone in New York, Casa Magazines has copies of the gold cover!
Too bad you didnt get pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->