US InStyle September 2018 : Jennifer Aniston by Ben Hassett

I assume this is the subscribers' cover? The goofy face would be a weird choice for a newsstand cover.

The shot is cute and candid! And the edit should be good because this is her first shoot with Hassett, and he's normally amazing in VP. Just not behind the Cosmo-like coverlines (bet that was Laura Brown's idea!)

If you're going to try and lure readers with massive 'fashion issue' headlines, then at least follow through with some intersting cover styling. I would never give Aniston a September cover though. She sells well enough on her own, without the help of fashion's biggest month. Wonder if she'll talk about Justin?

Fashion Editor: Julia Von Boehm
Hair: Chris McMillan
Makeup: Gucci Westman
Manicure: Miwa Kobayashi

4u7YTaLL_o.jpg

instyle.com

Ew. They did her dirty here.

That car shot with her legs is STUNNING!

In the second cover she looks like Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy, but she looks beautiful as well

I love the covers and the first one is for newstands. Kudos to Laura to go with thia new line

Jennifer is like a modern day Goldie Hawn imo. Maybe that’s why she sells. I personally don’t mind that she doesn’t really try different things. There will always be a soft spot for this kind of effortless glam. The second cover inside the car could almost work as a Vanity Fair cover by Norman Jean Roy.

Christy Turlington

37820311_642426976133564_7159320125739368448_n.jpg

Instagram/ChristyTurlington

Photographer: Tom Allen
Fashion Editor: Maryam Malakpour
Hair: Jenny Cho
Makeup: Holly Silius
Manicure: Nettie Davis
Actress: Rachel Brosnahan

xaXI0bIu_o.jpg

instyle.com

That black and white profile shot of Christy is stunning.

Special subscriber cover, Lily Aldridge by Alexander Saladrigas.

Source @instylemagazine Instagram.

38526569_10155880423383031_1038030386409504768_n.jpg

What's with the current trend for making subscribers wish they'd never subscribed, given the 'special' cover shots they're receiving at the moment?

I'm quite fond of the Jennifer Aniston cover, it's goofy in a charming sort of way and different from the poised and overthought covers we've become accustom to over the years. The accompanying shoot by Ben Hassett and Julia Von Boehm is gorgeous, each shot is just as gorgeous as the last (have a feeling Julia will become a credit to InStyle in the coming months).

Those Christy Turlington photos are of course wonderful too, but think I would've had to save them for the October cover story, and not buried inside this September issue. Too nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->