US Marie Claire September 2018 : Zendaya by Thomas Whiteside

Nice photo, but weird layout. I don't like how the cover is divided in two parts, the left texts half and the right image half.

I like the cover, I don't know why but it gives me Italian Vogue vibes.

Stunning portrait of Zendaya! You have a hit on your hands with this one, Marie Claire.

I really like her, such a cool girl and inspiration! She can pull off anything and her love for fashion really comes through! ^_^
But I have to agree, that layout was a mistake.

I originally hated the font they used, but in this case I think the font and color of it really works and compliments the image. Not to mention they nailed they cover shot. All of the times I've seen Zendaya on a cover, she's always done very good. September isn't so bad after all.

Easily the most attractive of the September covers from the American titles by a mile this year (thus far, at least). I've never been a one for Zendaya but Thomas Whiteside and the rest of the team done her justice here. The styling, the layout of the cover and the colours just all work in harmony together. Another nice from MC!

pEhqdcA6_o.png

marieclaire.com

She does look rather cute on the cover. Wish they'd get rid of the VP font. It ruins everything.
Her editorial is a snoozefest though.

Ugly pictures. She is beautiful but those angles compress her whole skull.

Boring- typical whiteside photos lacking fun and energy.

I kind of like the cover, just not a fan of the text layout.

Everything looks pretty amateur-ish.

Lovely color scheme but the layout make the cover feel haphazard somehow, it looks more like something from inside the magazine rather than the cover.

I found the digital issue and is a different cover, the picture is similar but they put her in a horrible purple background. I hope the printed issue has the original cover because I like it a lot.

Got this in the mail. Just 226 pages

Review:

"Body Talk"--reprint
P: Jason Hetherington
S: Lisa Oxenham (uncredited that I can see)
M: Wayne Booth

Zendaya
P: Thomas Whiteside
S: J Errico

"Immigration Nation"
"Celebrating the talents and contributions of women with roots in foreign lands"
Various CEOs, celebrities, etc, with reprinted photos

"Glo Rouge"
P: Erik Madigan Heck
S: Solange Franklin
M: Edun at Elite

"Estate of Grace"
P: Robert Nethery
S: Kate Lanphear
M: Tasha Tilberg

"Code Orange"
P: Ester Grass Vergara
S: Julia Gall
M: Amelia Rami

"Coat Check"
P:Carlijn Jacobs
S: Imruh Asha
M: Louise de Chevigny

I just saw this edit and it’s so beautiful. I missed Kate work.

"Estate of Grace"
P: Robert Nethery
S: Kate Lanphear
M: Tasha Tilberg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"