US Vogue April 2008 : Gisele Bündchen & LeBron James by Annie Leibovitz

kellynjane

Reaction score
Basketball player LeBron James and supermodel Gisele Bündchen will mug for the cover of Vogue's shape issue, according to the New York Post. This would break all the rules of a Vogue cover. Seldom does editrix Anna Wintour put on her cover: (a) more than one model, (b) a man, (c) a person of color. We looked back at ten years of Vogue covers and compiled a list and images of these three rare instances after the jump. We also discovered Gisele was the last lady to appear with a man (George Clooney) on the cover, proving life is just not fair.
(nymag.com)

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Another article:

March 6, 2008 -- ANNA Wintour was courtside at the Garden last night, but not to see the woeful Knicks. The Vogue editrix was a guest of Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James after dining with him the night before at the Waverly Inn. Her boyfriend, Shelby Bryan, was there as well, plus James' business partner, Maverick Carter. Wintour, who fa mously befriended tennis champ Roger Federer, hasn't switched sports. But she'll have James on the April cover of Vogue with Gisele Bun dchen for the annual "shape issue." Sources say James re vealed over dinner that he's a huge fan of Ralph Lauren and wears a brand-new pair of sneakers for every game.

(nypost)

I thought you could not open a thread unless you had a scan of the actual cover? Oh well, I was so excited to see it, and it turns out it was just a confirmation ....:(..hmm, me and my Vogue obsession.

Interesting cover choices...but it'll be great to see Gisele! ^_^

I totally welcome the idea that there'll be a man on the cover - Gisele's energy works really well when she's paired with a fella, so this should be hot fun. The start of a new formula for the covers of US Vogue?

There has been only like 2 men on the cover right. George Clooney w/ Giselle and Cindy Crawfords husband w/ Cindy ofcourse!. This should be an incredible accomplishment for him! 1st man of color :woot:

I'm hoping it will be a fab cover, even though I despise the 'Shape' Issue. It would have been more interesting if they had chosen a black model to be with Lebron James but that would never happen it sounds like. :rolleyes:

Ooh, my initial reaction was this (and I quote), "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"
I'm anxious to see what it look like!

The shape issue is always intentionally funny thanks to the "variety" of body types. Tall and skinny, short and skinny, mid-height and skinny, pregant and skinny..etc.

agreed. i always dislike the shape issue but i'm thrilled to have gisele bundchen on the cover!

I'm not American so can someone tell me who the hell LeBron James is :huh:

He's a professional basketball player with the Cleveland Cavaliers who was drafted to the NBA out of high school. :flower:

I'm really, really excited to see Gisele. I don't mean to sound mean, but Caroline Trentini can have an editorial every month for two years straight and yet Anna Wintour doesn't deem her sole-cover worthy. And I am so relieved that it is not Natalia Vodianova, again. I wouldn't mind seeing Daria, but her best work is not typically in U.S. Vogue. So, yay, Gisele!! What a comeback. The only model I want to see more is Angela Lindvall.

LeBron James is sort of random though. James Blake, on the other hand, I can totally see happening.

Thread reopened and merged :flower:

US Vogue April 2008 : Gisele Bündchen & Lebron James by Annie Leibowitz

:buzz:
609586.vogue_gisele_bundchen_vogue_334_469.jpg

rgvogue

This is just awful.

Lebron looks like he's imitating Jennifer Hudson's open mouth expression on the March cover last year :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->