US Vogue February 2018 : Serena Williams by Mario Testino

Doesn't Mcdean and everyone get tired of those jumping shots? I mean, yes, It's very US Vogue by Mcdean, Sims and Demarchelier, but c'mon, enough is enough!

Lol, I understand your frustration, Thatsfierce. But the fashion content of this magazine has been so forgettable over the past few months that something like this McDean story, which may not be original, is miles ahead than any quasi-indie Ghertner/Bird/Weir story. I look at Ghertner's edit with Jacquemus and I'm wondering how it made the cut. Because to me it looks like a shoddy copy of Hawkesworth.

Doesn't Mcdean and everyone get tired of those jumping shots? I mean, yes, It's very US Vogue by Mcdean, Sims and Demarchelier, but c'mon, enough is enough!

:lol: I am actually here for these jumping editorials in US Vogue ahahaha that´s what I love about the magazine: you instantly recognize the pictures and the style. It´s very cliché but it works in every issue for me ahah :flower:

Some of the editorials in this issue are so amateurish and awful. As noted above Ghertner's attempt at ripping off Hawkesworth's composition are laughable, models in his pictures may seem aloof but they never look as bored as the models in this set of pictures. Dead in the eyes, no body language and no charm.

Theo Wenner's editorial is just a mess, it seems like he didn't know whether he wanted to make a quirky tongue in cheek recreation of a runway show's backstage or if he wanted to capture the reality behind the smokes and mirrors. Much like the other edit it lacks actual modelling, they're sitting pretty but there's nothing drawing you in.

:lol: I am actually here for these jumping editorials in US Vogue ahahaha that´s what I love about the magazine: you instantly recognize the pictures and the style. It´s very cliché but it works in every issue for me ahah :flower:

I feel the same way. :blush::lol: Their issues would not be the same without it. :rofl:

And i guess now Lucinda is officially part of US Vogue team? The last magazine i would have predicted for her to end up at! :blink:

I look forward to those jumping shots too every issue, mostly for the giggles, but when the shots work like here, they work real nice :mrgreen: And gahh Jacquemus is just gorgeous

Doutzen's editorial is the best I've seen in ages from US Vogue. I usually don't like their jumping eds but this one is nice.

US Vogue doesn't even look let alone feel like a fashion magazine anymore. I'm sick of seeing these stupid celebrity covers that look so average and mediocre at best.

Take this issue, feast your eyes on Doutzen's beautiful spread, then fling the magazine across the room your sitting it because it's a throwaway issue. Like usual from Anna.

Homespun
Model: Caroline Trentini, Fei Fei Sun, Joan Smalls, Cara Taylor, Karen Elson, Raquel Zimmermann, Imaan Hammam
Photographer: Craig McDean
Fashion Editor: Benjamin Bruno
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make Up: Peter Philips

tumblr/wearesodroee

"Trentini and some other girls" how she got 6 pgs and Karen, Joan, Imaan and Raquel just one each? hahaha

She's still the best jumper next to Karlie and Edie. Plus her smiling and overall god vibes attitude makes it all the better. Cara Taylor and Imaan should go for jumping lessons.

Cute cover, and agree with many others- predictable though likable. Many other WOC killing it, that could've gotten a cover. Especially around awards season. But, maybe Serena is sell-able on the newsstand. Wonder what her buyers hip percentage is, Serena*

Nothing like time for us to see things differently...

So sad that this cover was Testino's last work for Vogue US, it's a bad cover, but better than many that came later. After many cancellations and deaths (Patrick, Peter, Testino and Terry), Anna lost the magazine's biggest contributors, which was left without an identity. Even though she had a budget, she refused to turn to former allies such as Mert and Marcus, McDean, David Sims, Klein or Mikael Jansson. SAD!

Even sadder is the thought that Peter is no longer with us, but this Doutzen editorial seems like a farewell in great style! For me it was his best work before he left and the last good one for Vogue, nothing after that was that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->