US Vogue September 2018 : Beyoncé by Tyler Mitchell

Floral headwear is the trend of September 2018

the 2nd is better IMO, is she wearing Gucci?

Okay that’s stunning! Giving me Formation music video vibes. Not a new look for Beyoncé, but I dig it

STAN TWITTER will love this! Both Rihanna and Beyoncé are rocking the same look — floral headpiece. Who wore it better.

Imo, US did it better. This looks authoritative as hell. She looks like a queen of wherever. While the UK counterpart suffocates me.

Well, this is absolutely stellar work. I love both covers, but the first is truly breathtaking. I LOVE seeing Beyonce flex her power in this way, to give an enormous opportunity to Tyler Mitchell, an artist she's obviously a fan of and one who wouldn't have been offered this opportunity otherwise. I admire the respect she has for her own image and career; Beyonce hasn't given a traditional interview since 2014 and hasn't done any photoshoots or videos or performances without exercising complete creative control. She is the captain of her own ship, she knows exactly what she wants to portray and say and I have tremendous respect for the discipline and vision that is required to manage that as completely and efficiently as she does.

But beyond the social commentary element, I just think this is a STUNNING cover, particularly the first one. She is truly beautiful, the styling is vibrant and lush, the colours are warm and inviting. It all just looks so elegant and refined, but also speaks to something vintage and kind of timeless.

I really like it!
Very very beautiful. It kinda reminds me of a shoot Testino did with her for V maybe 15 years ago.
She looks very beautiful.

BUT, despite Tyler Mitchell being black, I don’t find his aesthetic to be that daring. I mean, it looks like Jamie and others. So great for him but kinda disappointed by how generic his style of photography is. I don’t feel like he pushed her that much even if it’s a real departure from what we are used to from Beyoncé.

Tonne’s styling is really great! Perfect...
But Beyoncé should relax her face. There’s too much tension in her face.

this is like the CHEAP Fake COPY cover from Vogue UK.

Okay that’s stunning! Giving me Formation music video vibes. Not a new look for Beyoncé, but I dig it

STAN TWITTER will love this! Both Rihanna and Beyoncé are rocking the same look — floral headpiece. Who wore it better.

Imo, US did it better. This looks authoritative as hell. She looks like a queen of wherever. While the UK counterpart suffocates me.

Yes there’s something undeniably modern about the Vogue US one. It someone has an element of Glamour but it doesn’t feel as dated as the UK one.
The Uk one is very « Early 00’s Galliano » and it is trying to replicate the past. As I said, a very fashion for Dummies interpretation.

For better or for worse, this US Version looks modern. In 5 years, we will be able to look back at it and to have an idea of what was fashion in September 2018.

Her facial expression ruins the first cover, she looks like she had just woken up and was not in a good mood.

Overall is a nice, but it kinda looks like a Jamie Hawkesworth wannabe.

I prefer the second cover, overall this looks like her pregnancy shoot all over again and really overwhelming for September.

I love this, but I'm very biased so take my love for it with a grain of salt.

I am especially into the shot of her sitting on the stairs, it's incredible that she agreed to it. I assume the inspiration for it was the power of giving birth. It has an eerie quality that I would have loved to see more throughout the editorial.

Very beautiful story. And I quite like the « interview » that goes with it...
Tonne did that! If only Beyoncé embraces totally this aesthetic for her personal style.

And what a pleasure to not see à Vuitton look styled like on the runway!!!!!!

I hope the issue is as great as this story. Emmanuelle, you better deliver after this!

It really is something different than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"